Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Free AAA weekend on steam this weekend?

You can play a couple high end AAA games on steam free this weekend, Civ: beyond earth and Saints row IV! I installed them both to give them a whirl (And play Beyond earth until I can't stay awake anymore)

Seems pretty awesome they are letting people do this. Probably helps fight piracy as well.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    You can play a couple high end AAA games on steam free this weekend, Civ: beyond earth and Saints row IV! I installed them both to give them a whirl (And play Beyond earth until I can't stay awake anymore)

Seems pretty awesome they are letting people do this. Probably helps fight piracy as well.
    I wish I would agree with you that Civ:BE is a triple A game though :P It has been the consent between fans almost without exception that Civ 5 + expansions is a far better game It feels like a mod of Civ 5 without all the awesome additions to that game made in the expansions.

Deleted
    Isn't that a pretty old thing? The whole play for the weekend thing?

This seems quite risky for Beyond Earth. That game has very little replayability in comparison to Civ5. The factions make no difference, the quests are almost equal and the affinity victories are even closer than civ5 win conditions. If somebody plays through one map this weekend there is little to no reason to actually buy the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, I haven't played beyond earth until today :P

I don't think people will see any replayability issues in just a couple days, so I don't think that will be scary for them.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Isn't that a pretty old thing? The whole play for the weekend thing?
    Yup, been around for at least a year. It's still a solid promotion and it appears to help drive sales (hence why they are still finding high profile games to participate), so it's a win/win for consumers/developers (and Valve).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yup, been around for at least a year. It's still a solid promotion and it appears to help drive sales (hence why they are still finding high profile games to participate), so it's a win/win for consumers/developers (and Valve).
    Its a big win for me; I decided to buy saints row IV and NOT buy beyond earth (I was planning to get it) I just like Civ a lot more, the whole alien thing isnt for me :P
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    They do this like every weekend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    I wish I would agree with you that Civ:BE is a triple A game though :P It has been the consent between fans almost without exception that Civ 5 + expansions is a far better game It feels like a mod of Civ 5 without all the awesome additions to that game made in the expansions.
    it's a triple aaa game regardless of if you agree it is or not. you don't get to define what is and is not a aaa game at will.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Civ: BE is more like hilarious attempt at Alpha Centauri while missing entire point and providing barely any more gameplay than original Civ 5 which was hilariously bad before expansions fixed it.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Let's grab a bottle of wine and play some games!

My whine and cheese is ready.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    PC gaming in general blows. I'm never spending money on steam no matter how many discounts they give. Playing games on a mouse and keyboard just sucks ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    PC gaming in general blows. I'm never spending money on steam no matter how many discounts they give. Playing games on a mouse and keyboard just sucks ass.
    I feel like a decent metal fan shouldn't be so irrational. I don't really know why, it just seems odd to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a decent metal fan, I'm a bad metal fan according to the unofficial metal community. My metal is way too "mainstream" for them. Go on encyclopedia metallum and you'll see where the real metal fans are at.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    Were people expecting anything else? Even Civ 5 felt like a let-down, maybe primarily due to the shitty AI and some gameplay balance issues.

On topic, SR4 is freaking awesome and definitely worth playing, assuming you enjoyed SR3. I think I still prefer SR3, but SR4 is a great experience.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't even know what you are trying to say here. THis is not some PC vs console thread, which it seems you are trying to make it.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I just don't even know what you are trying to say here. THis is not some PC vs console thread, which it seems you are trying to make it.
    Where did I say consoles were good? I'm not trying to start anything, I'm just putting it out there that I hate PC gaming and steam will never get any of my money no matter how many discounts they give. That's on topic, not flaming or trolling or whatever.

As for consoles, I only use them because I don't like PC gaming. That doesn't mean consoles are good because they aren't either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    On topic, SR4 is freaking awesome and definitely worth playing, assuming you enjoyed SR3. I think I still prefer SR3, but SR4 is a great experience.
    Saints Row is complete garbage. I mean I wouldn't recommend it to anybody because the entire series is a joke. I played the first two back when I was in high school years ago and thought they were fun but after a short while, I realized how cheap and short those games actually are. The challenges are punishing for no reason and are the only replay value out of the game.

I didn't bother playing the 3rd or 4th ones because I knew they would be bad (which they were.)

People shit on good games like CoD Ghosts for being "too short" yet trash like Saints Row gets praised. It's a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Buy a game pad and just like that *oh golly gee amazing*, it feels like you're playing on a console.
    No let's not start this. I'll just say the statement above is completely false and leave it at that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    No you started it, you're just one of those guys.
    You must be new here.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow