Capped Garrison Resources

So is the only way to get rid of excess resources to get a Trading Post?

I like having a barn for the Savage Blood...it's just so much easy money. I also like having the Inn for the treasure missions though I've been lazy and not doing the daily dungeon quests. Is there another way to get rid of GR or should I switch one to a TP? I only have 2 scavenger followers and it's already at 10k.

Deleted
    I dump my resources on War Mill and the bonus roll Seals

10+ Year Old Account
    All the Trading Post will let you do is trade resources for other materials. So you have to decide if Bloods/Treasure missions weigh up against getting materials in return for the GArrison resources you have.

Having a barn you have easy access to feasts, so there goes any reason to get cooking mats with Trading post. You have a garden and mine that should provide plenty of ore/herbs. So anything you get from the Trading POst is probably going to be to sell on. Just check the AH of your realm to see if buying materials for resources pays enough to get rid of either building. The basic worth of the Trading post is about 15g per 50 resources (since that's an always available trade you can make there).

With only 2 Scavengers I'm not sure you will get that many extra resources that it's worth switching, tbh.

I already use them on the WM and Seals and I keep getting capped.

Yes, trading post seems to be the only way. And it wouldn't be a problem to replace the inn/barn for one day, but to rebuild the inn/barn to level 3 will cost you 900G, which is more than you will get from trading excess GR for trade goods.

If at least they'd make the 20% xp elixir account wide, or would allow to buy follower's gear directly (should be really expensive in comparison to dwarven bunker).

Quote Originally Posted by Caeth View Post
    So is the only way to get rid of excess resources to get a Trading Post?

I like having a barn for the Savage Blood...it's just so much easy money. I also like having the Inn for the treasure missions though I've been lazy and not doing the daily dungeon quests. Is there another way to get rid of GR or should I switch one to a TP? I only have 2 scavenger followers and it's already at 10k.
    Granted, it doesn't help now, but in the next patch your innkeeper will sell item item that lets you "randomly add a mission to your mission log" for 500 Resources.

Find a friend / guildmate / complete random stranger that has a trading post in their garrison. Party up and go use their trading post to clear out your resources.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

I use the Trading Post and buy Draenor dust when the 20 / 25 Conversion Trader is there.

4 level 100s, each with 3 scavenger followers, anywhere from 1k - 2k resources a day from missions brings quite a good chunk of gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Junkdepot View Post
    Find a friend / guildmate / complete random stranger that has a trading post in their garrison. Party up and go use their trading post to clear out your resources.

Sadly this won't work. The merchant will be phased for the person who is visiting the Garrison.

You have to own the Trading Post to use the Material Merchant.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Granted, it doesn't help now, but in the next patch your innkeeper will sell item item that lets you "randomly add a mission to your mission log" for 500 Resources.
    Hell yes, I need this bad, moar salvage!

On my main I do not have a TP nor LM anymore, achievements all done. I buy 2nd and 3rd seals with GR every week, and war mill is always churning out scraps and upgrades. However I still go right back to 10k GR by the weekend every time! My alts with TP buy annoying-to-farm stuff like fish or meat to cap out cooking and first aid on everyone.

I do have 4 scavengers, and frequently get those missions, but for the <100 ones I intentionally make sure they are 100% instead of picking the "correct" min/max of using a scavenger (or waiting for the matching scavenger to finish current mission) as maximum salvage rolls > anything else by now.

For the 600/615/630 missions I do the same but since all 4 of those are epic and 655 usually I get at least 1/2 or 2/3 if not all of them that have the trait which means anywhere from 300/500/650/910/1225 GR floods in (best I've seen so far, 630 with triple matching slots).

Buy Draenic Dust when it's 20-25 resource cost, will net you about 100-150 gold per 100 resources, more if you use the dust to turn into Temporal Crystals on Enchanter Studies.

That being said though, anyone know a shortcut to skip the "Are you sure?" confirmation box everytime you buy something from the Trader? Had to go through 9k resources spending 20 at a time and having that every purchase the other day.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    That being said though, anyone know a shortcut to skip the "Are you sure?" confirmation box everytime you buy something from the Trader? Had to go through 9k resources spending 20 at a time and having that every purchase the other day.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments...m_the_trading/

Try this macro to buy more at a time

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at PTR right now...

Follower Trait reroll: 1500 GR
    Follower Ability reroll: 1500 GR
    5 Garden/Mine Orders Finish: 300 GR
    5 Barn/Gladiator/War Mill/Workshop ORder Finish: 1000 GR
    Garrison Campaign Mission: 200 GR

So technically, you can just blow GR on barn work orders and convert GR directly to cash.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments...m_the_trading/

Try this macro to buy more at a time
    I literally love you, have my babies?
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Really if the scavenger trait is that good, thats probably why they nerfed it to 100% rather than 200%. I find it hard to get going on an alt's garrison its slow moving, esp if you want to just upgrade all asap, and get it all rolling on day 1, i hate to wait so long, like when you first get past 1200 resources, and then bam back to 0 with 1 building.

Once you have everything, i agree the resources stack up, but i dont find it to fast, more like constant trickle in the positive, doing all missions that offer resources covers costs of doing any missions each day, so i probably come out even, and then if i hve LM going, which i often forget to go get more trees, so it sits for 2 days without an order, so my resources generally dont get up that much to say i have "to much" stays about same, slowly bit by bit goes up i guess

On new alts, it can take a week or 2 to be self sufficient, for sure, starting at 92 to 100, when you are focusing on leveling, it def is quite different at 100 sitting around.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post

Yep, definitely activating a 90-94 follower for GR missions

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post

5 Garden/Mine Orders Finish: 300 GR
    5 Barn/Gladiator/War Mill/Workshop ORder Finish: 1000 GR
    Garrison Campaign Mission: 200 GR

So technically, you can just blow GR on barn work orders and convert GR directly to cash.
    Depends how bloods will go I suppose. With trading post and dust at 4g each 1GR is about 1gold. So if bloods are at 600g by that time, it's about a wash but barn actually requires more effort. Seems fairly balanced, more choices what to spend stuff on, nice change. Can't see myself use any of these a lot though. Depends what missions can proc for the 200GR I suppose.