Thread: New PSU

Deleted

New PSU

I have a chance to pick up a Zalman ZM550-XG 550W PSU real cheap from a friend who works at a distribution centre. Anyone know anything of these units? I've dug around a bit and found they are made by Enhance but can't really find anything else. It will be going in my back up machine which my mate uses for WOW when he's round so nothing taxing really.

Cheers.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What do you consider cheap? Chances are me or someone else can find you a better PSU for similar price.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Deleted
    £25. It will replace an 7 year old Corsair unit which in itself is still working fine but is well old and no longer has my trust .

What exactly do you expect from a PSU? It's not gonna be an improvement of any kind if your old one works fine.
    Last edited by Xenocastra; 2015-01-16 at 08:20 PM.

Deleted
    I don't want an improvement, but the vx550w I have in there atm is 6-7 years old and I have a chance to replace it cheap. Was just checking the replacement wasn't a piece of shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    What do you consider cheap? Chances are me or someone else can find you a better PSU for similar price.
    Given what I've seen elsewhere, it's made by Enhance Electronics, and seems to be a reliable PSU. Make sure it's not a refurb, and you should be fine, as that's for 1/3rd of the original price.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tenangrychickens View Post
    Given what I've seen elsewhere, it's made by Enhance Electronics, and seems to be a reliable PSU. Make sure it's not a refurb, and you should be fine, as that's for 1/3rd of the original price.
    It's brand new so I'll give it a bash. Thanks