AS Crit Rating.. How high is enough?

I've read a lot about the speculations in the up coming tiers that AS will become the dominate SP talent choice once a high enough crit rating is achievable.

I'm just curious if anyone knows... at what crit rating would AS rival CoP dps?

Quote Originally Posted by lpod64 View Post
    I've read a lot about the speculations in the up coming tiers that AS will become the dominate SP talent choice once a high enough crit rating is achievable.

I'm just curious if anyone knows... at what crit rating would AS rival CoP dps?
    I've read 25% is when AS ties COP but I don't know for sure.

Probably something like Mythic BRF gear, t17 4set being a requirement.

Aka, next tier for most ppl.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixe View Post
    I've read 25% is when AS ties COP but I don't know for sure.
    It's not that strict, on the right fight type it could be more like 18-20%.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw
    Probably something like Mythic BRF gear, t17 4set being a requirement.

Aka, next tier for most ppl.
    Potentially on the right fight AS is already non-terrible in Highmaul, I suspect Beastlord Darmac progression will immediately be an AS fight - for example (even before mythic and 4set).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    There is just so much crit from gear…AND TRINKETS ! <3 In BRF ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by Samiran View Post
    There is just so much crit from gear…AND TRINKETS ! <3 In BRF ofc.
    I somehow expect the stage 4 darkmoon trinket to be superior to the other 2 foundry trinket for AS.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    I somehow expect the stage 4 darkmoon trinket to be superior to the other 2 foundry trinket for AS.
    Heroic BRF vs stage 4? maybe. Mythic foundry will be better though.

Deleted
    Depends on the fight and situation.

I've heard that numbers as high as 30% raid buffed are required to be competitive with CoP but that could just be single-target. I imagine on cleave that it will surpass CoP and it likely be far superior on high AoE fights with the new insanity buff as well at significantly less.

I have no doubt that unless VEntropy or CoP are buffed that AS will be massively ahead of the other two in the tier after BRF with so much more access to crit, it reminds me of classic fury warriors where fury suffered heavily at expansion release but was extremely powerful in the later raid tiers.

It is also reminiscent of armor penetration. Wasn't really sought after during Wrath for most specs until ICC when ArP gear become common and the stat gains allowed you to reach 100% ArP cap.

Probably never use AS till mythic brf ilvl

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Quote Originally Posted by RaZDaZ View Post
    It is also reminiscent of armor penetration. Wasn't really sought after during Wrath for most specs until ICC when ArP gear become common and the stat gains allowed you to reach 100% ArP cap.
    Is that why they nerfed ArP once in Ulduar (3.1.2, capped at 100%) then again in ToC (3.2.2, nerfed the amount gained per point)? Because nobody used it, right?

._.

Anyway, if you want to spec AS, just ask yourself the following question: How much Crit do I currently have? Because if you're asking yourself that question right now, not only does that make you weird for talking to yourself but the answer is definitely not enough.

I'm struck by how much reforging would help making more talents viable in this expansion..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    I'm struck by how much reforging would help making more talents viable in this expansion..
    ^ That. I was annoyed when they told us the new enchants would make up for the loss of reforging, and then they kept nerfing enchant strength until we could control like 10% the amount of stats we could last expansion via gems/reforges/enchants.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter