Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    I think I like it how it is currently.

From a healing perspective I'm having much more fun this season than last on everything but my Disc Priest cause they're laughably bad. But my Monk and Druid are both a lot of fun in arenas, really don't think anything needs to change in that regard. There are class changes that should be made, every healer other than Druid should be buffed, but I don't really think anything major needs to happen.

You talk about healers getting trained down, but that's more your partners not helping you. Of course you'll die to 2 DPS if they just train you into the ground and nobody is helping. That's the way it should be.
    you play the two best healers and think healing is fine? :P What a shock!

The game is legit the worst I've ever seen it in pvp balance wise. And what the other guy said about hybrids is insane, not sure why some have god tier healing and some can't do any, its kind of ridic.

I know you are a good player and I think your opinion is fine, but I don't agree with it.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    you play the two best healers and think healing is fine? :P What a shock!

The game is legit the worst I've ever seen it in pvp balance wise. And what the other guy said about hybrids is insane, not sure why some have god tier healing and some can't do any, its kind of ridic.

I know you are a good player and I think your opinion is fine, but I don't agree with it.
    Then you didnt see many seasons... for example wotlk first season was vomitlike /nooffense
    Hybrid healing aka Ret/Feral/DK (other are negligible without representation) are strong right now because blizz rollercoaster balance (last season caster friendly->this season melee friendly)... Also that hybrid healing is not so potent in 3v3.

Deleted
    What in the world are you even talking about? You honestly think that killing a DPS with 3 healers next to him should be a viable strategy? And I can say with 100% certainty I could top healing on any of my healers without any glyphs or talents, they aren't as important as you think they are. What should happen to their CC when the other person is DR'd? Should DR be removed and Mages can just Sheep you infinitely?

Like please, think about you post, none of what you said made the least bit of sense.
    =)
    That's the point really, you can... new players can't. The difference should be about skill - not tips and trix, hacks and cheats, premade vs non-premade, and so on.

DR is just a lazy fix. YOU don't have any problem with it, YOU probably know the categories by heart and all the viable comps and so on (me, I have to double check to make sure), new players on the other hand - don't even know it exists, and it could take several expansions before they know about it. Should we really have that big of an upper hand just because we read forums?????

And yeah you are awesome, but where would you be without all the read ups about talents, add-ons, fotm... all the little trix, bugs, macros, mouse software... and everything else that make "awesome" players elite. I'm very impressed!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sthu View Post
    =)
    That's the point really, you can... new players can't. The difference should be about skill - not tips and trix, hacks and cheats, premade vs non-premade, and so on.

DR is just a lazy fix. YOU don't have any problem with it, YOU probably know the categories by heart and all the viable comps and so on (me, I have to double check to make sure), new players on the other hand - don't even know it exists, and it could take several expansions before they know about it. Should we really have that big of an upper hand just because we read forums?????

And yeah you are awesome, but where would you be without all the read ups about talents, add-ons, fotm... all the little trix, bugs, macros, mouse software... and everything else that make "awesome" players elite. I'm very impressed!!
    But the difference is about skill. New players are less skilled. That's my whole point, I can do all those things because I'm more skilled than new players, not because I have glyphs and know DRs, it's because I know how my class works. All you did was prove what I said was true.

But let's be honest here, if you're talking about add-ons (something very few top players use), fotm (something that means nothing to top players), bugs (which don't really exist to a meaningful extent), mouse software (no idea what you're even talking about here, I use a $5 mouse from walmart), etc. it's pretty clear you just make excuses for your own play.

Nothing you said in your first post makes a large difference, a skilled player can play with no addons, no glyphs, and still do perfectly fine because those things don't matter nearly as much as being skilled.

So what you're essentially asking for, is for everyone to be equally skilled, which doesn't make the least bit of sense.

Deleted
    But the difference is about skill. New players are less skilled. That's my whole point, I can do all those things because I'm more skilled than new players, not because I have glyphs and know DRs, it's because I know how my class works. All you did was prove what I said was true.

But let's be honest here, if you're talking about add-ons (something very few top players use), fotm (something that means nothing to top players), bugs (which don't really exist to a meaningful extent), mouse software (no idea what you're even talking about here, I use a $5 mouse from walmart), etc. it's pretty clear you just make excuses for your own play.

Nothing you said in your first post makes a large difference, a skilled player can play with no addons, no glyphs, and still do perfectly fine because those things don't matter nearly as much as being skilled.

So what you're essentially asking for, is for everyone to be equally skilled, which doesn't make the least bit of sense.
    Sure, we can call reading forums a skill (which "essentially" is true) but is that the kind of skill you want should be the difference between having a slightly higher chance to win or a win by default?

An example would be; we have a warrior that have 20 days of time played in randoms, and he "knows" his class kinda well from all that pvp and reading tooltips. He teams up with his (also warrior) buddy that have the same experience and they face a double FDK team. These guys have boosted their toons and have basically only Ashran events as pvp experience. So pretty much the same gear. However, being on these forums they have read about the conversion, blood stance, runic glyph - combo, and have only death strike and conversion keybinded.
    Do you really want this game to be like that fight?

We need to give the new inexperienced players a fighting chance and make their time on the battlefield count. Just because the enemy read something on a forum shouldn't give them such a massive boost, some yes, massive no. And sorry for mentioning elite players, they are actually kinda balanced since it require them to be up to speed on pretty much everything, but new players shouldn't be forced to read forums to have at least some impact on the game.

"Easy to learn, Hard to master" ~Blizz since forever.
    Yes there is big hole between newbie and skilled and yes its on purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madus View Post
    Hybrid healing aka Ret/.
    Enhancement > Ret.

Only reason you see more rets is because they're very annoying when paired with a bloody hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sthu View Post
    Sure, we can call reading forums a skill (which "essentially" is true) but is that the kind of skill you want should be the difference between having a slightly higher chance to win or a win by default?

An example would be; we have a warrior that have 20 days of time played in randoms, and he "knows" his class kinda well from all that pvp and reading tooltips. He teams up with his (also warrior) buddy that have the same experience and they face a double FDK team. These guys have boosted their toons and have basically only Ashran events as pvp experience. So pretty much the same gear. However, being on these forums they have read about the conversion, blood stance, runic glyph - combo, and have only death strike and conversion keybinded.
    Do you really want this game to be like that fight?

We need to give the new inexperienced players a fighting chance and make their time on the battlefield count. Just because the enemy read something on a forum shouldn't give them such a massive boost, some yes, massive no. And sorry for mentioning elite players, they are actually kinda balanced since it require them to be up to speed on pretty much everything, but new players shouldn't be forced to read forums to have at least some impact on the game.
    If you honestly think that reading forums instantly makes you a better player I have nothing left to say. I can't tell if you're just trolling or you genuinely believe what you're saying, but it's certainly not worth my time having a conversation who thinks skill in WoW comes from reading forums. A mechanically skilled player will always beat someone who just read things on the internet, 100% of the time.