Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

And the SS Retribution is abandoned.

Even Vanguards, the man who stayed with Ret and made it work through the hellhole that is MoP has abandoned ship.

Ret's being nerfed time and time again while blizz adds 30%-10% buffs to every other spec every single patch in a mad dash to solve the problem of making their hated class VIABLE.

Goodbye ret, you will be missed.
    "When you have to deal with a beast, you have to treat him as a beast."

It remembers me about Warriors in cata.
    Everyone having an Artifact equals nobody having one.

In this thread: Blowing things so far out of proportion, it's not funny.

Ret pallies are fine. Anyone who gives up a class because of a round of buffs or debuffs is a fool who focuses on meaningless minutae. Can a Ret pally do DPS? Can they assist you kill a boss? Yes? Then why worry?

Quote Originally Posted by edmorte View Post
    It remembers me about Warriors in cata.
    Or Ret in Wotlk. Remember the introduction of Divine Storm? Nerfs came fast and hard after that haha

how do you think Hunters feel right now?

Reduced trap size area by 60+%... Then they're going to increase CD. Nerfed % heals big time. We have some of the worst defenses in the game and no burst (referring to survival, since its the primary pvp spec atm), and every perk we had keeps getting stepped on. Hard times for hunters are coming, I feel. If you have any ping at all and anyone is moving whatsoever you're likely going to have poor trap uptime (especially on the right target) while boomkins and other hybrid ranged roflstomp you. Not trying to sound too down, but we keep taking some pretty big hits too. :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post

Ret pallies are fine. Anyone who gives up a class because of a round of buffs or debuffs is a fool who focuses on meaningless minutae. Can a Ret pally do DPS? Can they assist you kill a boss? Yes? Then why worry?
    PvP bosses are usually pretty meaningful in the PVP section. d('-'d)

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post

"Kill a boss"
    "PvP"

Headdesk.

Vanguards, one of the top 3 Retribution Paladins, went to Ench Shammy simply because it was flat out better in every way. Does that not get through your head the sheer scale of the problem we're facing? The man who literally stayed for Mists of Casteria instead of rerolling a god-lord caster is now rerolling because of how terrible it's become.

You can't pretend this isn't an issue by brushing it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken View Post

Reduced trap size area by 60+%... Then they're going to increase CD. Nerfed % heals big time. We have some of the worst defenses in the game and no burst (referring to survival, since its the primary pvp spec atm), and every perk we had keeps getting stepped on. Hard times for hunters are coming, I feel. If you have any ping at all and anyone is moving whatsoever you're likely going to have poor trap uptime (especially on the right target) while boomkins and other hybrid ranged roflstomp you. Not trying to sound too down, but we keep taking some pretty big hits too. :/

- - - Updated - - -

PvP bosses are usually pretty meaningful in the PVP section. d('-'d)
    I'll be honest, I can't bring myself to really care about hunters, simply because of how many memories of being kited by one I have, but yeah, that's alot of nerfs.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think we have to exaggerate on how bad ret is. Ret is pretty good ATM, if someone is FOTM-ing, then shame on them. I'll stay with my pally even if they nerf it to the ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordk0z View Post
    Even Vanguards, the man who stayed with Ret and made it work through the hellhole that is MoP has abandoned ship.

Ret's being nerfed time and time again while blizz adds 30%-10% buffs to every other spec every single patch in a mad dash to solve the problem of making their hated class VIABLE.

Goodbye ret, you will be missed.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/6#dataset=90

show me where the good ret paladins are bad? im seeing them as #5. come talk to me when you start playing a shadow priest and have to do 95th percentile dps to compare to 70th percentile top 5's

"Kill a boss"
    "PvP"

Headdesk.

Vanguards, one of the top 3 Retribution Paladins, went to Ench Shammy simply because it was flat out better in every way. Does that not get through your head the sheer scale of the problem we're facing? The man who literally stayed for Mists of Casteria instead of rerolling a god-lord caster is now rerolling because of how terrible it's become.

You can't pretend this isn't an issue by brushing it off.

I'll be honest, I can't bring myself to really care about hunters, simply because of how many memories of being kited by one I have, but yeah, that's alot of nerfs.
    Yeah it's annoying to be kited but its basically the replacement of "defensive cooldown" for us. :P If we slip up and get locked into melee combat at all it hurts a good deal every time. We used to have like 2-3x the CC to combat those things. I'm starting to miss scatter shot most of all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/6#dataset=90

show me where the good ret paladins are bad? im seeing them as #5. come talk to me when you start playing a shadow priest and have to do 95th percentile dps to compare to 70th percentile top 5's
    Stop with PVE shit in PVP. We really need a (PVP) tag for this thread....

Do you people even check where this crap's posted?

here's a hint.
    Also @ hardly, you still have double deter, I'd gladly trade bubble for deter considering it's A: Not countered by a Warrior using Blathering Troll and B: total duration 12 seconds (Ironically the original duration of Bubble before it was nerfed for bubblehearthing.........starting a long tradition of pallies being nerfed with intentional hamfistedness).

I'd rely on that thing (Forgot the name) where disengage has an added sprint to the end, exotic rounds (Can't remember the exact name) of the frozen variety, and plonking a freeze trap down the old-fashioned way then backing the melee into it.
    Last edited by Lordk0z; 2015-01-16 at 10:20 PM.

Deleted
    And what nerfs is Ret getting?....

I apologize; I did not read the forum title.

Just sick of people whining about buffs vs. nerfs.

Do you people even check where this crap's posted?

here's a hint.

Also @ hardly, you still have double deter, I'd gladly trade bubble for deter considering it's A: Not countered by a Warrior using Blathering Troll and B: total duration 12 seconds (Ironically the original duration of Bubble before it was nerfed for bubblehearthing.........starting a long tradition of pallies being nerfed with intentional hamfistedness).

I'd rely on that thing (Forgot the name) where disengage has an added sprint to the end, exotic rounds (Can't remember the exact name) of the frozen variety, and plonking a freeze trap down the old-fashioned way then backing the melee into it.
    Melee isnt the issue, at least one isn't. Double melee we can get rolled easily and you can't deter while Stunned, it also doesn't clear DoTs. I think you'd be surprised how much you actually wouldn't want to give up bubble for Deterrence. I'd much rather have bubble as a hunter... Then I might actually get to use Camouflage as a heal.

Deleted
    I dont like paladins self healing, nerf it !

Quote Originally Posted by Floni View Post
    And what nerfs is Ret getting?....
    2pc goes from 50% CC reduction to 25% and becomes dispellable
    4pc goes from 9% for 8 seconds (nearly 100% uptime) to 6% for 4 seconds (No uptime)
    Our main heal gets nerfed for 20% and a heal that costs us our main DPS ability is raised by 25% (If your using WoG, you can't use FV, which is Ret's primary sustained DPS "Finisher")
    Selfless healer is now totally dispelled because apparently that's "Correct" instead of one stack at a time.
    Every other class has anywhere from 10% to 50% more dps now while we don't.

Rets were literally free HKs from WotLK's start, when they overnerfed rets because we had too much damage at level 70 pre-expansion all the way to the end of MoP, people actually having to counterplay us beyond "Lol a ret, kill it" results in enough tears for the new Noah's ark movie, including retakes, add in Blizz's seemingly total hatred of our class and this happens again.

Ret's off-healing is barely anything when compared to every other hybrid.
    Last edited by Lordk0z; 2015-01-16 at 10:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken View Post
    Doesn't matter how they feel, they're still OP. A slight CC nerf isn't going to change that. Come back after a 10% damage nerf across the board and then we'll talk.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Doesn't matter how they feel, they're still OP. A slight CC nerf isn't going to change that. Come back after a 10% damage nerf across the board and then we'll talk.
    Erm. Okay? Survival damage isn't that out of hand at all. Afflic cleaves harder, many classes can burst far harder, etc. Getting sustained to death are we? o.O

...What? Rets are fine. Every class is decent. Stop blowing things out of proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    ...What? Rets are fine. Every class is decent. Stop blowing things out of proportion.
    Hahaha

No.

7+ Year Old Account
    2pc goes from 50% CC reduction to 25% and becomes dispellable
    4pc goes from 9% for 8 seconds (nearly 100% uptime) to 6% for 4 seconds (No uptime)
    As if the 2pc did matter. AW was always dispellable, so if not the reduction, then AW gets dispelled. lol
    4pc is still good, more so when you combine it with WoG glyph.
    Heals have some problems, but I believe it's because Flash costs too much mana.