Sandmans worth buying?

I'm running frost/arcane with plans to switch to fire/arcane later. Is sandman's worth buying and upgrading, or is it better to save for copelands?
    My guild is 2-7 hc atm so I will be unlikely to get a great trinket anytime soon.

Armory link http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Monitus/simple

I was debating on this as well as I was using both Copeland and Shards of Nothing so they were both on use trinkets and the only issue with that is that they share CDs or rather there's a 20 second CD between using them so it was pretty painful to use and I couldn't time trinket procs with other CDs.

However after simming my gear it seemed as if an upgraded Sandman's Pouch with H:Shards of Nothing simmed I believe about somewhere around 500-1k DPS higher then Copeland's/Shard. I think I may it be better on it's own however moving into Highmaul, you'll probably pick up Shards at some point so maybe upgrading Sandman's Pouch will be better as moving into BRF it looks like Arcane/Fire will be the specs to be using and Sandman's Pouch works well for both of these specs.

But all these results were from my own gear, stats, and item level. So it's best to sim out your own DPS with the two trinkets and see which turns out to be a better DPS output, I would include the Shards as your off trinket though since it's likely you'll be getting it at some point.

10+ Year Old Account
    DMC 3/3 will be better than Copeland's for both Frost and Arcane - and keep in mind that 6.1 will bring a 4th upgrade, which of course will push it further ahead. Its BiS for Fire in Highmaul, and 4/4 will likely at least keep it close to BiS throughout BRF as well for Fire.

Deleted
    With your current progress and ilvl, absolutely yes 100%. 1/3 is still a pretty good trinket and it should be fairly cheap right now.

With how cheap they are right now I think it is pretty work it.

The trinket itself is pretty cheap on my server, <4k. It's the upgrades that are costly Each requires 15 savage blood and 150/200 warpaints. The first upgrades goes about 17k on my server, second goes about 30k. Who know what the 4th will go for.

I bought the trinket for 4k, and then upgraded it via my inscription toon using my own mats (9 toons doing mines gets me my savage bloods)

Deleted
    If it maintains the same upgrade path pattern (540>555>570) it will be BiS in BRM for Fire for sure.