Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's very helpful econ21. Many thanks. I poked around WowHead but it's hard to tell when you don't know anything what's still valid and what isn't in guides. Anyway, have got the links and will poke at all of this in the upcoming weekend. Thanks again.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Lot of us old school pet battlers have a lot of the specific upgrade stones going spare. I turn my guildies pets blue on request, might be worth asking around.

If you are levelling pets, do it just outside the garrison with a sub100 alt - you'll get a toon level every 2 hours or so as well as the pet levelling(90-100).

Lowbie pets can be levelled easily to level 5 in any major city or starting area - this is nice free xp for a really low level alt.

Doing the daily chain the first time will get you 3k gold from the last battle with aki so it's worth losing some time beating the bosses.

I just want to share this addon: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/petjournal_quickfilter
    It allows you to filter the pet journal by family with a single click on a family icon. Click on the same icon again, and you get the full list. It is godly! Or it will be when you have 17 level 25 pets and you need to find your best flyer.

I'd also say to decide whether you want to do PvE, PvP or both. As far as I'm aware, breeds matter much more in PvP. There are exceptions, like Emerald Proto-Drake, which should be P/P, but overall you can power through with less ideal pets in PvE, simply because you can know exactly what the enemy team will throw at you in a given round.