Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    sub cost for 10 years:

$15 per month, so per year = $180
    10 years = $1800

blizzard still making big profits

if these guys want to sell for 1/3rd of their total sub cost, let them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    Honestly? I'd sell it too, with all the medical bills I have an extra $500 would go a lot farther than some statue that would just sit on my desk collecting dust.
    I bet not spending $15 a month on a video game in the first place would go even farther than that.

I expected some to hit Ebay but damn, that is more than I expected.

Call me old fashioned but that is a pretty low thing to do with a gift.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I bet not spending $15 a month on a video game in the first place would go even farther than that.
    There is a little something called quality of life, if you havent been seriously ill, disabled or depressed I doubt you'd understand the concept.

If you're already feeling down, cancelling something that gives you, if just fleeting, joy... is a really stupid idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrxz View Post
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...tatue&_sacat=0

How very loyal.

What do you think guys and girls? Were loyal fans selected right?
    I HAD to sell mine to support my grandmother's surgery. Doctor said she won't live longer than 2 more weeks unless she gets the surgery done very soon. Blizzard is pretty much saving my grandmother's life with this statue and I thank them dearly for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardkorr View Post
    I dunno about you guys, but I'd totally try to sell one of these statues if I got one... so that I can blow that money on more meaningful figureprints of my characters. Seriously, I think Blizz should have just gotten everyone credit for figureprints so the vets can get free statues of their favorite character. More freedom, more personal, and less likely to be sold on ebay.
    You've actually just given me a new idea, thanks. Totally selling mine for a couple figureprints and then some now!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    It's pretty silly to call this a gift, especially when you only qualify for said "gift" after dropping nearly $1500 and spending 10 years subscribed to the product in question. It's not nearly the same as you personally giving someone a gift without your financial gain being the only motivating factor. Not even close. But exaggerate away, I guess.
    It's a gift. It's not like my electric company sends me a present for paying my electric bill on time for the last 10 years...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    Who the fuck would buy a statue thanking them for something they didn't do?
    The same people who buy underwear that was worn by someone famous.

Deleted
    Yeah, they are rewarded for having stuck around for 10 years.

They can do whatever the f they see fit with their own possesion, i don't see how they would be less loyal because they see fit to sell that valuable and rare item.

It's not like you're more loyal just because you keep it - Maybe it makes you more of a collector, but loyalty has nothing to do with it.

The ONLY way, i could see it being tied to loyalty - Would be like, selling the concept idea of the statue to another company or a rival company to Blizzard - And that would be just like, inception levels of requirements to even remotely be around "loyalty".

So yeah, i pretty much see this thread as Flamebait.

I would also have sold it if I was eligible, because I have 0 interest in statues so why not make money instead
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

I'll laugh if those show up on the Blizz store for $50 later on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Singing View Post
    I HAD to sell mine to support my grandmother's surgery. Doctor said she won't live longer than 2 more weeks unless she gets the surgery done very soon. Blizzard is pretty much saving my grandmother's life with this statue and I thank them dearly for it.
    What surgery would she need that costs just 500$~
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

I wouldn't have sold it, but I can understand why others would.

It's a statue.

Just because you play WoW for 10 years, it doesn't mean you like statues.

Personally I don't like posters, yet large portions of the gaming community (and others) seem to go batshit for them. Different strokes.

If you don't like statues, your options are (a) hoard it in the back of a cupboard, (b) throw it out, or (c) sell it.

Of those three options, for the non-statue-lover, selling it makes vastly more sense imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    I was wondering this myself >.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    i got mine sold for 550 but the surgery cost much more. that money is just contributing to the amount i have already saved up.

15+ Year Old Account
    If these statues indeed sell for 500-1500 usd, I'd sell mine too, if I had one. It's theirs anyway, you don't have a say in what they do with it.

If Blizzard wanted to prevent this, all they have to do is sell them on their store.

Deleted
    Yep they did the right thing. There isn't really any meter to measure loyalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Honestly, every single one of em should get banned from WoW.
    After 10 years of loyalty they should be banned because they don't like orcs? I know Metzen has an orc fetish, but damn, banning people for not liking them is a new low.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Christonya View Post
    It's pretty unfortunate as I would have loved to have this statue as decoration. Ultimately it just further confirms how far blizz has fallen.
    All I see confirmed is that Blizzard literally cannot do anything that doesn't trigger whining.