Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowJester View Post
    It wasn't just starting within 60 days its also continuous subscription. I started on launch but because there was a 6-7 month period in 09 I'm not elligible. That's 113 out of 120 months which is still more than 93% or an "A" but not good enough. Its fucking bogus since most are just selling it.
    "Most are selling"? Do you have any numbers to back that claim up? Or could it be possible that more than 93% are keeping their gift?

10+ Year Old Account
    Its fucking bogus since most are just selling it.
    And where do you have that data from?
    How would you know it's most?
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Put the damn thing away. Make sure it's protected, including the packing, and then sell it sometime down the road.....
    Unless Blizz makes it available for purchase at some point in the future. Apparently there is a market. And Blizz seems to like to make money.

I don't but I figured that a thread couldn't go on this long unless it was most. Look how anal y'all are if it was only say 15 out of a 1000 statues why would anyone care. My bad for assuming y'all weren't insanely petty. But my real issue is in terms of sub I'm still an "A" student.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Unless Blizz makes it available for purchase at some point in the future. Apparently there is a market. And Blizz seems to like to make money.
    They like money, that is true.. But.... Have you tried to buy any past Blizzcon gift items from Blizzard?
    In fact, if you dig into the matter. Blizzard - despite their love for revenue - discontinued even store items. There's a bunch of store bundles (plush animal & ingame pet) that are unavailable nowadays.
    Of course your argument bears some validity, but the evidence towards limited promotions indicates, that the item will likely remain to be a novelty.

Deleted
    this figurine is as useless as achievements. i'd gladly sell it and take 500$ instead of having it on desk for 1 week then collecting dust somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't but I figured that a thread couldn't go on this long unless it was most. Look how anal y'all are if it was only say 15 out of a 1000 statues why would anyone care. My bad for assuming y'all weren't insanely petty. But my real issue is in terms of sub I'm still an "A" student.
    You're deflectling. You claimed that most people selling the item...
    If that was true, dayum, then there are very few veteran players left
    You could have done a simple auction screening on ebay...
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...rsary&_sacat=0

There are 40 listing results for the WoW anniversary, and they include other items too, not just the statues.

Why do you care? Honestly if I would have gotten a statue I probably would have tried to sell it as well. I love playing World of Warcraft but that doesn't mean I like to put mini-statues of World of Warcraft in my house. It's not my taste. Also, I'm not really into any of the Horde races so an Orc statue doesn't interest me at all. Obviously there are people who would love to have a statue, but didn't get one, so what's wrong with people selling their statue to someone who wants it way more. Honestly, it's a gift which means they can do anything they want with it. If you honestly think that these people don't deserve it because they are 'disloyal', you need to be sent to jelly school.

Of course your argument bears some validity, but the evidence towards limited promotions indicates, that the item will likely remain to be a novelty.
    Good point. With all the lore in the Warcraft universe, I wonder why Blizz never really took merchandising as a major money maker.

You're deflectling. You claimed that most people selling the item...
    If that was true, dayum, then there are very few veteran players left
    So a veteran player is only someone who kept a continuous subscription for all 10 years?

If you never want to get laid, keep the statue and put it on display

Otherwise of course you sell it

Collecting Statues =/= Love a game

I would have wait 2-3 year to sell it

Quote Originally Posted by Ayperos View Post
    I knew they would. These people seem like the type of people that scalps for money. I would have displayed it, but missing this by 9 days I wasn't loyal enough to get one.

I un-subbed for 2 months during the summer, during Wrath, to get my life situations back on track. Other than that, sub has been paid for, for the 10 years. Personally, I am not one to collect gaming memorabilia, but if this was gifted to me, I would certainly keep it.

I like it, and may be on the hunt for one, though, I am not spending hundreds of dollars for one.
    Excellence, completed by Shyama!

Blizzard sold us out... it's only fair for us to sell them out.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    really what is it to you, in what someone else does with their item ?
    Just because it is wow related, does not mean it is anyone elses business, if someone wants to sell their statue lol

omg so bad to do that, got to remain loyal and keep it ? I dont like mine, and yes I sold it as well, so what. Good $$$ for me, and some went back into wow, 6 month sub - done!

A friend sold his as well lol. Because its junk to someone, and its treasure to someone else. Just cause blizz decides too now reward us for playing for 10 yrs, does not mean we all care about wow out side of a pc, as in, want wow stuff in our homes, I myself thought it was ugly statue and nothing that would be on my shelf anywhere, and be just more cluttered crap in my well organised home, i do not want. Each to their own in what they do with their own possessions, only part that I find so damn funny, is people posting about it, and trying to run people down for making some money, good to all, who sell it, if they want too. Good for you if you like the ugly statue and keep it.

/who cares

lol so hilarious in butt hurt people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by llubtoille View Post
    I see no problem, they were given a gift and decided to sell it. Clearly they simply valued the money more than the statue.
    There could be a number of reasons for this: the sums were too luring, they may have no place for it where they live, they may be alliance and thus loathe the horde with a suitably fiery passion - 'I will not suffer an Orc's presence in my house!'
    There should be and will be no punishment as it was a gift freely given and thus theirs to do with as they wish.
    exactly, no different then with xmas gifts, people sell it, if they did not want/like it, or exchange it for something else, some others keep it regardless.

gift, its free, given to you, to do as you please with.
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

Mine sold over night for the set buy-out. I'm glad to have the extra cash now to buy something else that I could really put to good use. Like I said earlier, a simple thank you card would have been a nice gesture from Blizzard.

Deleted
    blizzard doesnt give a shit about loyalty, why should its customers?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Some people see it as a dust collector, others see it as an awesome decoration with the rest of their collectibles.

Because you'll get answers from all directions, then it will probably just devolve like the last thread did.
    Bit late, but I see it as a tangible item (like those plushies) from my World of Warcraft experience. (If WoW quits or I quit WoW, I have 3 memories about ingame friends, the fun I had etc) Therefor, I wont sell it (Bar financial problems, even then it would be a last ditch effort). (And Yes, I got a notification email )

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    It's not like these statues are being bought by people who intend to burn them for heat. In the end, statues are going to people who want statues.

Far better than the people who don't want their statue hucking them in the trash or something.
    This is a valid point of view.
    Those unhappy people who werent there from the beginning still get the chance to get the cool stuff as long as they have the financial resources.

Oh, hey, another thread with a jealous OP using words he/she doesn't know the meaning to.

I can be loyal and still sell the gift.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.