Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    How many people in this thread say selling this statue is wrong, but don't think twice about re-gifting or returning a crappy Birthday or Christmas present for store credit?

Yea thought so.

/nelson haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Your father sends you an $80 gift after spending several hours trying to find out where you live, looking through the mailing rules, etc, as a thank you for being is son for the past decade. Don't tell me you'd just pawn it off.
    1. Blizzard isn't anyone's father
    2. I've not known my father for almost 18 years and I don't want to know him, you bet your ass I'd pawn it off. In fact, I'd probably also make a note of the instance so I can be ready to present it to the police in case he sends me anything else. I don't want him knowing my address.

Honestly who cares that people are selling the statue? If the money makes them happier than the statue (which I think is kinda ugly tbh, best to let someone else enjoy it if I had one) then I won't hate on them for selling it. They've already paid like, $1800 just in subscription fees, I'm fairly certain part of that would cover a statuette.
    Last edited by Overthinking; 2015-01-18 at 05:54 PM.

I don't know why this is a problem. It's their object and they can sell it if they want. You guys are complaining only because you didn't get one.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Overthinking View Post
    1. Blizzard isn't anyone's father
    You take that back. You hurt little Flurry's feelings

But I agree with the OP...it's lame that these people are just tossing them up on eBay. BUT ON THE OTHER HAND....Blizzard should have seen that coming a mile away.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    For $300 I'd sell it too. They got it as a gift they can do whatever they want.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

People value different things. If I'd gotten the statue, I would have appreciated the sentiment, but I probably would sell it too, because I personally find it terribly ugly. I hate orcs, it's dark and spikey, literally nothing about it appeals to me.

I'd rather sell it and invest the money in something WoW-related that actually appeals to me, like one of the pets from the old collector's editions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can do whatever the fuck I want with my ornament. And how else would you decide who gets the statue?
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd have done the same, don't like the model.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    What if they really need money?

I take it.
    If they really needed money that badly, they probably shouldn't play a video game for ten years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrxz View Post
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...tatue&_sacat=0

How very loyal.

What do you think guys and girls? Were loyal fans selected right?
    Maybe they play alliance and when they heard the statue was going to be yet MORE ORCS they decided to either throw it in the bin or exchange it for McDonald's McChickens.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    but don't think twice about re-gifting or returning a crappy Birthday or Christmas present for store credit?

Yea thought so.

/nelson haha
    I actually never did that and never thought anyone would until I read this thread. Difference in upbringing, I guess. It wouldn't even come to mind to sell a gift. Ungrateful little pricks.

I need to get some peanut butter, and some bread. There is already ample amounts of jelly.

Seriously though, Blizzard did a neat little thing to reward a very small number of people for

A: Having faith from the start. (Adopting early, within the first 2 months)
    B: Keeping the faith. (Never letting that subscription falter, even for a moment)

If you were to ignorant, young, poor, bored, married, convicted, enlisted, or lazy to meeting those two requirements, then no statue. It's not that Blizzard doesn't think you're special, it's just they think those chosen few are slightly more special.

And if those extra special people wanted to convert that gift into a rent check, or new desktop, or a few sessions at a less reputable massage parlor, more power to em.
    Last edited by KievanAquinus; 2015-01-18 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Because it's like getting a gift from your girlfriend thought would be really special and throwing it out as the first thing to pawn off because you needed to pay bills. This is a gift that is supposed to commemorate your love for the game and is a deeply intimate type of gift.

I mean, yes, perhaps I would have liked to have one to put in my home. But I have also only played for 7 years, so it's not really a matter of being jealous for me.
    No offense, but that isn't the best analogy. Blizzard is not your girlfriend. I mean sure they both cost you money, sometimes take up your time when you need to do other things, generally fun although can be mean once in a while, been with for a long time and hope things get better but feel shitty when things happen that you don't like, are emotionally invested with due to all the time spent...

Well what I mean is you can't fuck a company, so it's different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

Deleted
    Blizzard already gained the positive PR so they couldn't give a single shit what people do with their statues. People who compare this to gifts from your family or Gf or what have you are pretty sad honestly

Alliance players selling the gifts, obviously.

Deleted
    So basically if you like it you keep it and if you don't you can sell it and get a nicea mount of cash for it.

Why is this thread still going?

Also, I would not choose the word "fan" but rather whe word (loyal-) "customer".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coala View Post
    Alliance players selling the gifts, obviously.
    I would of personally kept it, I'm mostly Alliance
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    "The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time"

I play alliance, I got a statue. It's currently sitting displayed on my desk next to my monitor:

Now here is my thought on this: If you actually got one and want to sell it, that is YOUR decision. I personally don't care, as I've thought about selling mine as well, and here is why..

1. It is nice and obviously rare.
    2. It is possibly worth a decent amount of money.
    3. I don't know if I should be proud or sad to have one - think about it... a full 10 years playing / paying for a game.
    4. I play alliance =P

I have to put money and time perspective of things into thought on this. It is a very cool statue, as for now, I am not selling it - as it is a nice decoration on my desk. And most of all, it is a clear reminder that I need to find something else to do in life. haha

Come on, it's a low quality statue you could get replicated for about a tenth of the price they're going for now. You'd have to be an absolute die hard for the original or stupid not to sell it on.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a game company, they don't know me, they're not my girlfriend, and they're not my family, nothing about the gift is even personal

I would've sold one too if I payed $1,800