Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    a prequel story set in high school.
    setting the series in high school is a major mistake.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I never watched the X-Files series. I saw the movies and they were...meh.
    You should give the series a chance if you like science fiction/horror stuff. The movies weren't really a good indication of how great the show was. Movies were kind of...like you said, they weren't great, and they weren't bad. But the show was awesome.

OT: I.....really have mixed feelings about this. There's the "WOOOO X FILES!" part of me, and then there's the part of me that knows they'll fuck this up and ruin the show.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2015-01-18 at 05:10 PM.

The only question a revival brings to mind is what would they actually investigate? The original series pretty much covered most subjects. UFO's etc were pretty big back in the early 90's. I just don't know where they would go with it these days.

I was one of those people who thought X files was WAY overrated. I just don't think a reboot is going to have the same impact that the original show did, considering most of the "unknowns" (aliens, ghosts, telekinesis, mysterious smoking figures) have almost become hackneyed from years of extrapolation in the media. Not to mention thanks to the internet and cellphones / cameras everywhere, it's pretty much given that paranormal things do not exist in any capacity, which kind of defeats the mysteriousness the original show provoked in you. As with most sequels it's probably being done because there will be a guaranteed audience, they'll hype it up, sell some advertising blocks for a good price and that will be that. I just don't see this show being successful again, of course that's just my speculation what the hell do I know.
    Happy new year to all, and to all a good night!

Did they kill off The Smoking Gun characters? always liked those guys.

And you have to have an arc and monster of the week episodes. Use the Supernatural formula.

its not a reboot guys, it will have all of the same cast, its just a matter of when it will happen due to scheduling
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

How can it not be a reboot? David Duchovany and Gillian Anderson must be well into their 50s by now. What, they revive the X Files only to bring two over-the-hill agents back to do all the work? I mean the first series covered most of their 30s and that ended like 20 years ago. They could conceivably, in that universe, be in their 60s.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    How can it not be a reboot? David Duchovany and Gillian Anderson must be well into their 50s by now. What, they revive the X Files only to bring two over-the-hill agents back to do all the work? I mean the first series covered most of their 30s and that ended like 20 years ago. They could conceivably, in that universe, be in their 60s.
    Duchovny looks old, but Anderson still looks great. She's 46, and was only 24-25 when she started on The X Files.

Quote Originally Posted by Saladbar View Post
    Duchovny looks old, but Anderson still looks great. She's 46, and was only 24-25 when she started on The X Files.
    i dont think he looks that old

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The X-Files already ran way too long in its first iteration. Sure it was a cool, cult show, well worth a watch from time to time but the show was getting tired by like season 5 let alone 9 seasons and a movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellyfrog View Post
    The X-Files already ran way too long in its first iteration. Sure it was a cool, cult show, well worth a watch from time to time but the show was getting tired by like season 5 let alone 9 seasons and a movie.
    tbh I thought it picked up in the later series. As awesome as Mulder was I thought that Robert Patrick NAILED it in the later seasons.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Home is still one of the best TV episodes of all time.

That baby in the dirt... yikes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Recently watched all 9 Seasons again, best TV Series in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozles View Post
    Home is still one of the best TV episodes of all time.

That baby in the dirt... yikes.
    Darkness Falls is probs the best episode of the show.

I want it to do well but i feel its gonna suck :\

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    fox has announced that they have plans and are in talks to revive x-files

"Speaking at today’s press tour, Fox CEO Gary Newman confirmed that the network is “hoping” to bring back The X-Files, with “conversations” already under way.

"We've had some converstions on #TheXFiles. We're hoping to bring that back," says #Fox's Gary Newman. #TCA15 #thetruthisoutthere"

http://seriable.com/the-x-files-season-10-fox-revival/

GET HYPE @_@
    Why would anyone get hyped about a shitty, moronic company picking up a legendary series that they will NEVER be able to represent?

Besides, Millenium was better and had Lance Hendriksen.

Uh, The X Files was originally on Fox, IIRC. For non-Americans, there's a huge difference between Fox (the basic cable channel) and FoxNews, even though they're owned by the same company. Hell, Fox aired Firefly (and then promptly axed it). Point being, Fox can and does have quality programming. It's been the home of the Simpsons and Family Guy forever too.

10+ Year Old Account
    We had a good x-files revival of sorts and spin offs. one of them being "the fringe" it's best they keep this were it is 9 seasons was enough, unless they can really get some quality going there that makes it worth watching in a new count for the next generation.

Cause face it some of us that watched the episodes when it was on MTV or whatever those new ones will never live up to those.

Deleted
    They could easely revive the show with 50 year old Mulder/Scully - none of them would retire FBI the next ~20 years anyways. Duchovney is still going strong in Californication and i could se him in X files with less colored hair and perhaps as a more cynical Mulder. Scullys is also looking great, but perhaps shes more of a milf than the traditional pinup girl for geeks.
    The producers are apperently looking for windows where the original cast, Duchovny and Anderson are available for shooting so that is good news.
    Rebooting a show like X-Files can probably go both ways - there were bad episodes and there were brilliant gems. Good writers is probably just as important as the right cast - i would personally prefer episodes like The Goldberg Variation, The Peacocks or Humbug over ongoing mutant/area 51 stories.

OMG, they won't get Duchovny for it and X-Files died pretty much for me when he was cycled out of the main role. Please do not renew the series. It stood and fell with the two main characters, it would have to be one heck of a lucky shot to get two main casts that are as good as Scully and Mulder. Especially Mulder.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I hope they don't bring Hank Moody THA GAWD back for this crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================