Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ...
    To be fair, anecdotally I find most lower end players prefer Destro, which probably skews the ranks to some extent. But I do agree it's probably not possible to match Demo/Aff with the supreme turret spec.
    My style is rich, dope, phat; in which we'll bake a cake today that looks rich.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zynx View Post
    To be fair, anecdotally I find most lower end players prefer Destro, which probably skews the ranks to some extent. But I do agree it's probably not possible to match Demo/Aff with the supreme turret spec.
    Have a look at who played Destruction on Gruul this reset, a lot of high ranking (top 20 guild) players tried it and fell flat on their faces compared to what they could have done as Afflic / Demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Has anyone actually managed to match Demonology / Affliction on Single Target with Destruction?

Since the patch the highest parses on Warcraft Logs for Mythic Gruul have been:

Demonology - 42.2k
    Affliction - 41.1k
    Destruction - 35.3k

GoSac + Charred Remains Destruction is probably the most immobile spec in the game. Gruul isn't even that movement intensive but it does have stuff like Overhead Smash / Flares / Cave In's / Petrifying Smash that can interrupt or prevent casting. I mean, it isn't even close.
    I definitely feel that GoSac + CR is being way overestimated, right now. For sustained AoE, yea, it's probably better. But no fights in BRF actually really have that. But giving up HoG/CW/Cata is just silly, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Has anyone actually managed to match Demonology / Affliction on Single Target with Destruction?

Since the patch the highest parses on Warcraft Logs for Mythic Gruul have been:

Demonology - 42.2k
    Affliction - 41.1k
    Destruction - 35.3k

GoSac + Charred Remains Destruction is probably the most immobile spec in the game. Gruul isn't even that movement intensive but it does have stuff like Overhead Smash / Flares / Cave In's / Petrifying Smash that can interrupt or prevent casting. I mean, it isn't even close.
    My problem with Destro CR Single Target (or really Destro in general) currently is that it relies so heavily on you getting that 4pc proc with your trinket, ring, or any other proc. It's just so random that it makes it terrible, I had pulls on Gruul during progression where I sat at 45-46k DPS as destro and then I had pulled where I sat at 35k...it's just far too RNG dependent (at least for ST). On Gruul I barely ever had to move except for Cave In/Smash because of where I was positioned (Flare dead-spot) but regardless it doesn't hold a candle to the consistency of Demo or the "consistency" of Aff (I put this in quotes because even with the tier bonus, rng is rng and rng is a bitch ).

Quote Originally Posted by zvvl View Post
    I definitely feel that GoSac + CR is being way overestimated, right now. For sustained AoE, yea, it's probably better. But no fights in BRF actually really have that. But giving up HoG/CW/Cata is just silly, imo.
    No fight ever is going to have that, at least to the point where you bring a CR lock, you use classes like Enh Shamans for stuff like that and in the odd case you don't have one you make your lock go CRDest. It's just poor design, it lowers our overall damage at the cost of consistent AoE and that's useless in 99% of cases.

I fairly consistently sat at 38k when I played around with destro which is what it sims at for me, demo sims 1k higher in patchwerk to begin with in my gear so.

Personally haven't found a reason to switch away from demo, the patchwerk dps is around the same if not a tiny bit higher for me and this tier caters to demos burst aoe niche.

Yeah, I don't see any reason to switch from Demo this tier on fights outside Kromog post 6.1