Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[Guide] Challenge Modes as a Warrior

Hello there fellow warriors! Xena Warrior Princess here with a close up on how to do all 8 Challenge Modes in Warlords of Draenor to get those nice ginormous weapons

These are definitely not my best runs but they should help a lot for those who are struggling to do these as a warrior as it is definitely not the best class overall to do these with. In some dungeons though they stand out enormously while in others you kind of need to get carried.

Should I find time I might edit this page and add the introduction in text here so you have the basics written down.

So far I've uploaded 4/8 on youtube and you'll find the links below The others will follow shortly! I think a video with commentary is still the best way to give a proper insight on how it's done. Hope it helps!

Introduction + Skyreach
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j03PqQo1Z0w

Bloodmaul Slag Mines
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km-1Hh3eBgQ

Upper Blackrock Spire
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh2jALxAS50

The Everbloom
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOKmb_jMMug

Iron Docks
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSaz2j5Ow-c
    Last edited by mmoc809c955aeb; 2015-01-21 at 04:59 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks, saw your post on the official forums and achieved gold thanks to your guides =)

Deleted
    Those weapons are insanly nice but still not worth doing it :/ atleast not with my warrior

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spwnz View Post
    Those weapons are insanly nice but still not worth doing it :/ atleast not with my warrior
    It's ALWAYS worth it.

Could you give me a list of exactly what gear you're using and what your unbuffed stats are?

I"m guessing crit + mastery is ideal for arms CM?

Amazing. Thanks a ton!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Urizen View Post
    I"m guessing crit + mastery is ideal for arms CM?
    I'm not entirely sure if mastery is better than multistrike, although they recently buffed it by a lot to increase single target damage, stacking multistrike is still better for your aoe. But not all dungeons have that many packs to aoe down and it's always the boss fights that feel so slow to kill as a warrior. Buffing mastery tho will increase your cleave dps by a billion too, single target damage increased and thus having sweeping strikes up all the time cleaves down one more add faster. I just think warriors are a lot better now if u go arms with this single target damage mastery buff, because that is what we lacked.

I figured multi benefit is really down to just bladestorm and I think mastery will gain you more benefit due to the scaling, you need a fair bit of multistrike to reach decent levels, while mastery will rape for everything but bladestorm and net you strong single target deeps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fearmemortals View Post
    Could you give me a list of exactly what gear you're using and what your unbuffed stats are?
    Head: Primal Gladiator's Plate Helm (mastery + multistrike)
    Neck: Doomchain Collar of the Peerless (crit + mastery)
    Shoulders: Headscythe Greatcloak (crit + haste)
    Chest: Truesteel Breastplate of the Savage (crit + multistrike)
    Wrist: Primal Gladiator's Armplates of Prowess (crit + multistrike)
    Weapon: Steelforged Greataxe of the Savage (crit + multistrike)
    Hands: Grips of Burning Infusion (crit + mastery)
    Waist: Truesteel Waistguard of the Savage (crit + multistrike)
    Leggs: Primal Gladiator's plate Legguards (crit + multistrike)
    Boots: Mosscrusher Sabatons (crit + versatility)
    Ring 1: Timeless Solium Band of Brutality (crit + multistrike)
    Ring 2: Disease Binder Seal (crit + versatility)
    Trinket 1:Primal Gladiator's Insignia of Victory (+strength proc)
    Trinket 2: Tectus' Beating Heart (+crit proc)

As you can see only the cloak sucks the most with it having haste. Definitely get enchant mark of the thunderlord too on ur weapon, don't be cheap. There are many ways to get BiS gear whatever it may be, pvp gear, crafted gear, heroic blues... As long as it doesn't have haste it's fine and 630+ilvl
    Skull of war and Scabbard are also very good trinkets

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Urizen View Post
    I figured multi benefit is really down to just bladestorm and I think mastery will gain you more benefit due to the scaling, you need a fair bit of multistrike to reach decent levels, while mastery will rape for everything but bladestorm and net you strong single target deeps
    How does it only affect bladestorm, its the same with every attack. You can get pretty nice damage from execute multistrikes even.

And with many mobs even after bladestorm you just whirlwind because it does more damage than using cs and MS even with sweeping when there are many mobs, in that scenario your mastery doesnt do anything, at the end when theres like 4 mobs u can start executing that's the only time it will do something.

On bosses it is better yes but not by a huge margin. If anything you should have 2 sets crit/mastery and crit/multi if you want to minmax it, otherwise just go with multi overall more useful.

Remember that in most CMs you will blow your cooldowns on big trashpacks with bladestorm, mastery will be useless for most of your cooldowns.

No point going for mastery. You need haste + mult/crit for cleaving and then a furyspec with crit/mast/mult for the few ST bosses. Remember to run bloodthirst + siege breaker so you have ravager+bladestorm ready for when you respec back to arms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mileylool View Post
    No point going for mastery. You need haste + mult/crit for cleaving and then a furyspec with crit/mast/mult for the few ST bosses. Remember to run bloodthirst + siege breaker so you have ravager+bladestorm ready for when you respec back to arms.
    Glad is better on ST than fury I believe given that you won't have recklessness for most bosses since you're usually saving that for the big trash pulls, because they hurt more than bosses.

Also good to note, afaik you need 30 seconds if you switch to fury from arms while using 1handers to get the passive smf buff, so use 2h fury if going with fury offspec.

Quote Originally Posted by The Horfst View Post
    Head: Primal Gladiator's Plate Helm (mastery + multistrike)
    Neck: Doomchain Collar of the Peerless (crit + mastery)
    Shoulders: Headscythe Greatcloak (crit + haste)
    Chest: Truesteel Breastplate of the Savage (crit + multistrike)
    Wrist: Primal Gladiator's Armplates of Prowess (crit + multistrike)
    Weapon: Steelforged Greataxe of the Savage (crit + multistrike)
    Hands: Grips of Burning Infusion (crit + mastery)
    Waist: Truesteel Waistguard of the Savage (crit + multistrike)
    Leggs: Primal Gladiator's plate Legguards (crit + multistrike)
    Boots: Mosscrusher Sabatons (crit + versatility)
    Ring 1: Timeless Solium Band of Brutality (crit + multistrike)
    Ring 2: Disease Binder Seal (crit + versatility)
    Trinket 1:Primal Gladiator's Insignia of Victory (+strength proc)
    Trinket 2: Tectus' Beating Heart (+crit proc)

As you can see only the cloak sucks the most with it having haste. Definitely get enchant mark of the thunderlord too on ur weapon, don't be cheap. There are many ways to get BiS gear whatever it may be, pvp gear, crafted gear, heroic blues... As long as it doesn't have haste it's fine and 630+ilvl
    Skull of war and Scabbard are also very good trinkets
    Is thunderlord worth it at 630 ilvl?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fearmemortals View Post
    Is thunderlord worth it at 630 ilvl?
    Well it's an enchant so scales most on lower itemlevel, this one or frostwolf(multistrike proc) should be on your weapon.

- - - Updated - - -

Added Iron Docks now =)

Quote Originally Posted by Bekro View Post
    Glad is better on ST than fury I believe given that you won't have recklessness for most bosses since you're usually saving that for the big trash pulls, because they hurt more than bosses.

Also good to note, afaik you need 30 seconds if you switch to fury from arms while using 1handers to get the passive smf buff, so use 2h fury if going with fury offspec.
    Definetly feel like fury is the better choice. The sustained DPS of glad/fury is about even over a 600 second fight, but with fury you have CDs to stack untop of your prepot and then another pot during execute. There's no wait glad can keep up with that.

But in challenge modes you don't have your CDs up for most boss's because you're using them to burn down trash. That's why glad is better, because its dps is good independent of cooldowns, whereas fury will suffer without recklessness.

Quote Originally Posted by Deemerbob View Post
    But in challenge modes you don't have your CDs up for most boss's because you're using them to burn down trash. That's why glad is better, because its dps is good independent of cooldowns, whereas fury will suffer without recklessness.
    Agree to disagree.

Also remember that when scaled down to 630ilvl you're running a lot less crit for fury. Less than ideal RNG can screw up your dps pretty badly. That's not to say that you can't get great RNG and out perform glad, but I feel gladiator will bring more reliably consistent dps versus fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Deemerbob View Post
    Also remember that when scaled down to 630ilvl you're running a lot less crit for fury. Less than ideal RNG can screw up your dps pretty badly. That's not to say that you can't get great RNG and out perform glad, but I feel gladiator will bring more reliably consistent dps versus fury.
    You can "feel" all you want but to me it sounds like you're throwing around a bunch of unbacked claims with no actual CM exp- so it's rather pointless.

My personal experience tells me the vast majority of times I've had the privilege to respec fury, reck was up. Also imo, you're putting too little emphasis on fury's execute with BB up. I don't think there's much else to be said. I would argue fury is nearly on par with glad, without reck, but I don't have data to back my point and I'm not going to spend my time simming it either. Lets leave it at personal preference.