Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Honestly, there most likely a bunch more stuff coming to ptr. chill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why was Patch 5.1 a content update?
    Black Lives Matter

Quote Originally Posted by Tragedia View Post
    it actualy HAD some form of content,

new 5 mans, new badge gear new pvp content ect

Quote Originally Posted by Tragedia View Post
    Brawlers Guild and the Operation: Shieldwall and Dominance Offensive quest chains.
    Also new scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Brawlers Guild and the Operation: Shieldwall and Dominance Offensive quest chains.
    Also new scenarios.
    Not to mention Scenarios which apparently Blizzard just gave up on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, arguing that the stuff in 6.1 should have been at launch is utterly pointless. Be happy that they're addressing issues in the game instead of being bitter about it once they're getting implemented. It just comes off as kind of petty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    I did mention scenarios.

Because it IS a content update. It's updating existing content. It's not a lot. But it is what it is. I had hoped Tanaan Jungle would be in 6.1, but I guess that's not happening. At this point it looks like Tanaan will come with the 2nd raid tier.

You're right to feel like the game needs more content, but the truth is we lost a lot of content due to garrison development. Garrisons would have been fine if we had gotten it in addition to a full expansion's content, but instead we got garrisons, and very little of anything else. Just look at how end-game daily quests and reputation acquisition devolved into short term and long term mob grinds. Could you even imagine this expansion shipping without garrisons?

If wow was a cheese pizza, and each expansion was a change of toppings, WoD would be like 3 quarters of a pizza with a one giant half-pound meatball right in the middle. You want someone to explain why a quarter of the pizza is missing, but all anyone wants to do is point out how u you should be happy with the giant meatball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Invasions are scenarios, and they are used in pretty much every zone as part of the zones questline. They were re-purposed, not removed.

For that matter, your personal garrison is technically a scenario.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    In other words, completely useless content.

There also were only 2 new scenarios. 5.1 and 5.3 "content" were failures.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do consider a Content Update, as it is updating some Content, such as Garrisons and Legendary Chain. I don't think it deserves to be called 6.1, more like 6.0.1, as it does not add what I consider enough Content (so far) for a Major Content Patch. Nothing is really being added that changes something dramatically, such as areas of the World, adding new Instance Content or things to do. I can't see anything that will change what I do when I log into the game at all, or give me much incentive to do things.

The Patch game me a little jump of hope when I first saw it appear on PTR/MMO-Champ, but it doesn't seem to have anything that really grabs my interest.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Invasions are scenarios, and they are used in pretty much every zone as part of the zones questline. They were re-purposed, not removed.

Not...Really...It's a phased area, this was something they did in Wrath...The purpose of Scenarios was to be something people could go do for story/lore and an option to do a "dungeon" with out the hassle of having a tank or healer. Honestly I rather enjoyed Heroic Scenarios since it made things interesting, but as people said for what ever reason they were scrapped and I'm assuming because they got rid of JP/Valor they couldn't figure out a way they could be rewarding. Or, and I hate to be "one of those people" they just were lazy with this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post

Id still do some instance Scenario's at least its something.

the main feature of 6.1 is knowing what your spells and trinkets do

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    In other words, completely useless content.

There also were only 2 new scenarios. 5.1 and 5.3 "content" were failures.
    There were 5 new scenarios. And how was Brawlers Guild and the new questlines useless content? They were more compelling and fun then some raid tiers.

Anything they give us is 100% more content then we've seen over the last 2 years. Stop your bitching or would you like to go back to Siege of Orgrimmar for your 1000th time, if you're gonna complain about not having stuff to do 3 months into a new expac should be sentenced to play Mists of Pandaria for another 2 years.
    "They will come for us now, all of them" "Let them come, Frostmourne The Banshee Queen hungers."

So far this patch added one daily -.-. omg too many plz remove.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thrizar View Post
    Anything they give us is 100% more content then we've seen over the last 2 years. Stop your bitching or would you like to go back to Siege of Orgrimmar for your 1000th time, if you're gonna complain about not having stuff to do 3 months into a new expac should be sentenced to play Mists of Pandaria for another 2 years.
    I would 9/10 times. Comparing Highmaul with Siege.. I'd take Siege anyday.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Not even gonna waste my time with a long post after that last sentence but, a new raid isn't a content patch? Eh?
    When it isn't part of the actual patch files, but is rather part of the game's files when it launched, then no. It's not a content patch. Maybe read twitter. They didn't need 6.1 to add Foundry.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    Foundry is not apart of 6.1 it's just opening up.
    Hi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Guys, arguing that the stuff in 6.1 should have been at launch is utterly pointless. Be happy that they're addressing issues in the game instead of being bitter about it once they're getting implemented. It just comes off as kind of petty.
    Except they're not addressing any issues with the game. Added new garrison missions (garrisons are an issue with the game), still not adding flight (no flight is an issue with the game), no incentives to go out into the world (still an issue with the game), and a raid that actually came with the game's files at launch.

I mean, once you subtract everything they're adding that's still not addressing problems with the expansion, all you're left with are the new pet drops from Tier 6 raid content. So, in short, 6.1 gave everyone a reason to do...Black Temple. Wow. What an achievement of a major patch that is.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present