Thread: [TV] 12 Monkeys

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Renewed for Season 3. Honestly though I'm not sure what they can do for another season that's not going to make it stale.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Renewed for Season 3. Honestly though I'm not sure what they can do for another season that's not going to make it stale.
    I'm thinking its some sort of reboot, especially if what happened last episode holds. I'm hoping everyone at least caught the Bruce Willis/James Cole easter egg from Jennifer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, I'm only a few months behind... it I caught up with season 2!
    (My PC problems escalated, I had to wait for this to come out on bluray)

WHAT
    THE
    ACTUAL
    FFUUUCCCKKKKKKK!

Just finished watching 12 Monkeys season 2. Second best show I've seen this year, only beaten by Orphan Black.

Season one was an odd thing, it tried hard to pay the respect due to its cinematic roots, while also giving the established plot it's own twists, because there's little point in treading the exact same path. It managed to achieve this fairly well, but it still ending up at best a 6/10 show, saved by equal parts nostalgia and a solid cliffhanger ending.

Season two had no such problems, as it moved way beyond the film into ground untrodden... This could have gone either way, thankfully, what we ended up with was ten episodes of fantastic sci fi. Emotionally charged, gripping and DEEPLY satisfying, with an ending that will have my climbing the wall waiting for season three.

It's not a perfect season, there are parts and plots that drag and some slightly weak writing for a couple of the characters, but it never drags the show down below a solid 8/10 and at its best it's in the mid 9/10 range.

I honestly can't speak highly enough of this show, I really don't know why it's not more popular... I guess Hard Sci Fi is always a tricky sell.

P.s. One of my major complaints about season one, namely the change of the Jeffrey Goines character played by Brad Pitt into Jessica Goines, now brought to life by Emily Hampshire, in season two has proven to be a masterstroke. For the simple reason that Ms Hampshire is AWESOME and has managed to take a role which could so easily have been relegated to comic relief at best and a Jar Jar Binks level annoyance at worst and turns it into one of the deepest, most complex characters on the show. Jessica is happily working her way into my top ten TV characters of all time, delivering a performance which is capable of deep emotions, while retaining the ability to switch on a pinhead and become tear inducingly hilarious.

I legitimately cannot wait for season three and them mixing it up by going into the future, rather than the past.

One thing I will say though: Fucking CALLED IT! I've been saying since he was introduced that the Witness was going to be Ramsey's kid. Because it would be fucking hilarious if after all he's done, all the bitch moves he's pulled and now being a total tool all season, bitching about how he wants to kill the witness to save his son, it turns out that the witness IS his son...

However, around episode 5 or so I got thinking... ya know what would be FAR more interesting, and would lead to some real fucking conflict... if it wasn't Ramsey's son but COLE'S that becomes the witness... would he not only unleash the plague on a bunch of invisible, faceless people he's never met, but would be also kill his best friends son, to save his own?

Yes. The answer is yes, he would.

Because he's a selfish twat.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Um...Jennifer....Jennifer Goines

10+ Year Old Account
    I was super tired and slightly wired when I posted... Gimme a frikkin break!

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Syfy is airing the entire season three May 19, 20, and 21. They are pulling a weekend binge apparently.

Wonder how that experiment will work out? It's renewed for season four which will be its last. So it looks like they are telling the story they want to tell and then that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Syfy is airing the entire season three May 19, 20, and 21. They are pulling a weekend binge apparently.

Wonder how that experiment will work out? It's renewed for season four which will be its last. So it looks like they are telling the story they want to tell and then that's it.
    I love everything about this.

I love that they're going semi Netflix style and just dropping all the episodes in a crazy short time.

I love that it's been renewed for season four .

And I REALLY love that season four will be the final season. 12 Monkeys is a brilliant show, season 2 being the second best show for me in 2016 (only beaten by the legendary Orphan Black season 4), but I was VERY worried that they would either be cancelled, or drag the show out so long that the whole thing becomes stupid.

There is something to be said for a show that comes along with a set story it wants to tell, and is given a chance to tell that story in it's entirety... And then retire gracefully.

Super hyped for this. I wonder when it'll be airing in the UK...

10+ Year Old Account
    Just set my Digibox to record season three! Woop woop let the hype train begin!

Going to record the lot and binge watch the whole season on Monday. Also, in preperation going to rewatch season one and two during the buildup.

I still have two to watch from last night but this season is pretty great so far

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still like 2 episodes from finishing S2...I let my hulu sub lapse because frankly, it just got stupid at that point and I couldn't finish it. Curious to see what Season 3 actually does...
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I'm still like 2 episodes from finishing S2...
    Trust me, the finale left me actually speechless.

I saw the final scene and just sat there stunned for like... 10 minutes. Even though you pretty much work out what's going to happen before it does, it doesn't feel like "Oh yeah, that's what happened, that was too fucking obvious" it's more like "Holy shit... They're not going to do X are they? Oh fuck... That can't be! Oh shit IT IS!"

what's funny is that Jones is now all pissed at Cole and Cassy and blaming them but really it's all her fault. If she had never invented the splinter machine and recruited Cole the Witness never would have been born.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gods DAMNIT! You have to stop doing this to me 12 Monkeys... Season Three was even better, even bigger and even more mindfucking than Season Two.

Then you wrap it all up by taking everything we knew, or rather, THOUGHT we knew, balling it up, setting it on fire, throwing it out the window, then explaining that the fire, the window, and the ball never existed in the first place.

I don't understand how they can write endings that I can see coming episodes ahead of time, but still totally blow my mind with the way they execute and reveal it all... SO damn good.

Brilliant, brilliant season, now I just have to invent a time machine of my own and Splinter forward so I can watch the final season next year.

I know it's going to be AMAZING.

Also:

Called it a while back, Jennifer is Cole's mother, and will at some point next season (possibly in the finale, after he's dead... But more on that later), travel back in time, meet his father and bring this whole nonsense around full circle.

Also: Nothing that has happened so far in three seasons has convinced me that the nasty ass body that Markridge had, the one which was the source of the virus from day one, is not Cole's body. The way he reacted to it, during the sequence in the Night Room planted the idea in my mind, and nothing that's happened since has managed to shift it. If anything, everything we've seen so far has only convinced me further that this is the truth.

p.s. Laughed my ass off when the final two Impractical Jokers turned up. The line about "Larry" getting fired had me in stitches.

p.p.s. Jennifer continues to be a truly amazing character, probably one of the strongest on the show. They really manage to make what could be a SUPER annoying character funny, interesting and oddly endearing. The whole section where she's stranded in Paris was wonderful, I especially liked the "That's better!" line, after time was reversed and he had a chance to fix his attitude towards her .

Final note! I love how in a show aboout time travel, deadly viruses, brutal apocalyptic futures and the end of existence as we know it... All of reality was saved by the NHS .

Wait, is the whole season out?

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Wait, is the whole season out?
    Yeah they did the whole season over the weekend last week. 4 episodes Friday then 3 each on Saturday and Sunday. Fantastic season too, best yet. Should all be on the Syfy app or syfy.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Called it a while back, Jennifer is Cole's mother, and will at some point next season (possibly in the finale, after he's dead... But more on that later), travel back in time, meet his father and bring this whole nonsense around full circle..
    It would be funny since she nearly raped him when they met for the first time in the loony hospital.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    It would be funny since she nearly raped him when they met for the first time in the loony hospital.
    I wouldn't go that far . She was on top of him yes, but to say she tried to rape him is stretching it to breaking point.

They've had a very close relationship since the second season, but it's never been sexual... I think it's because Jennifer knows that she's his mother.

i just binged the whole season. jennifer remains number 1 waifu of all time and they somehow turned the witness into a solid character and here i was thinking he was going to be a little kid for this whole seasons
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i just binged the whole season. jennifer remains number 1 waifu of all time and they somehow turned the witness into a solid character and here i was thinking he was going to be a little kid for this whole seasons
    Yeah, Jennifer remains one of the best written characters in a while. They so easily could have made her unbearable... but somehow it just works. it works REALLY well. The whole section with her in France was a highlight.

And yeah, the Witness was excellent, but what do you expect from James Callis?

The 12 Monkeys Season 4 (Final Season) was the best. 12 Monkeys is the best SciFi TV series in history (pun?). Period. Well executed. Lot of intrigue and plot twists that leave you mind-blown.

Season 4, Episode 7: Daughters
    This is the episode that reveals who Cole's mother is.

SPOILERS ALERT

Emma -- the daughter of Olivia (aka The Witness) -- escaped the Titan city and invented a new life for herself in the past. She created a new identity: Marion Woods.

Jones sent her own daughter Hannah to the past with a mission. Find out what you can about Cole's mother: Marion Woods. To find out what she knows about the Oroboros story passed down to Cole as a child, before she gets assassinated.

Hannah and Emma clash, and suddenly unite to escape the assassins that are meant to kill Emma (Marion Woods).

A car knocks their car off the road, and shots are fired. As they escape by foot, Emma reveals one of the shots hit her.

They stop by a RV, where Cole's father greet them. He takes Emma to the hospital. Hannah stays behind in the RV, and she looks through his stuff, knowing this was Cole's father.

Eventually, he returns to the RV and informs Hannah that the injured woman died in the hospital. Before dying, she told him to go back for the woman in the RV... Marion Woods.

So there it goes. Emma invented the Marion Woods identity for herself, and basically told the man that Hannah was Marion Woods.

They fell in love, and Hannah (under the new identity: Marion Woods) became the mother of Cole.

Now try to wrap this around your brain -- if you can...

Jones is the mother of Hannah. Hannah is the mother of Cole. Cole is Jones' grandson.

However, it was Cole who saved baby Hannah from the hospital where she died of Meningitis, and gave the baby Hannah to Jennifer Goines to raise. So.... chicken and the egg. If Hannah originally died, how in the world did Cole was born to be sent back in time by Jones?

((Pulls hairs from self-head))

Plot Twist # 2: Remember the plague that started 12 Monkeys (The Film) and (TV Series)? That plague originated from an ancient human corpse as seen in Season 1. Turns out that the corpse was Olivia The Witness's. Chicken and the Egg again.

Last edited by Medievaldragon; 2018-08-09 at 01:32 AM.