Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    im about to try this cuz im having this issue XD alt tab takes what seems like forever, zones take like a good 30 sec to load, plus wow does this odd thing where it will randomly alt tab itself >.>
    i used to run 90-100 fps ive dropped to like 60 since this started recently.

Win7 64bit, 4gb ram.

WoW is hitting the page file often enough that it becomes a problem. Don't have a flash card reader either...
    Probably just time for a new PC. DO NOT play WoW with 4gb of ram.

Posting for reference

"RAM disk" is not a new thing - you add more RAM memory to your system, which is rarely a bad thing.

You use a "faster than HDD" type of memory to act as a pagefile for the system's RAM.

Since almost anything is faster than a HDD (where the pagefile is usually located), making that device serve as a pagefile is a notable improvement.

I do not know how this works if you have an SSD since they are quite a bit faster than HDD.

Yeah well, you have 4 gb of RAM. WIndows 7 eats 1 GB. Browser with ~6-15 tabs eats another 1 GB. Now, WoW have to get some RAM, and I guess it needs 2 GB ram as bare minimum. So, when you play WoW, anything else is dumped into pagefile to free RAM for wow. When you alt+tab to, say, browser, it uncovers browser's data from pagefile, and instead dumps wow's data to pagefile, this requires a lot of HDD reading/writing, which is awfully slow compared to ram read/write speeds; that's why everything is slow. Now, all you did is made a RAM disc out of your flash drive, which added a lot of "RAM" to your system, that's all.

But if serious, you should just buy yourself another 4 gb of ram, it costs less than one dinner in restaurant nowadays.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Started up one of my old computers that was used in wrath and could hardly run it with about 30fps with about 1.5gb of DDR1, had no issues alt tabbing.

What do you guys do with your computers?