Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Speculation] If the next expansion takes place on Draenor again....

Would you be disappointed about spending more time there?

What do you expect to be the main feature of the next expansion?

It won't though.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

We're going to alternate Azeroth because we gotta save Illidan from prison and we gotta see an uncorrupted child Arthas so that Anduin can have a prince buddy.

I can't really think of anything else to do next other than Azshara and a revisit to actual outland

If it was Draenor the main feature would be unsub.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll quit. I only play this game for the story, and WoD's story is garbage.

I held out on this one, tried the trial. cleared 3 of the zones and hated the story, plan to sit out till the next expansion. If its more of this i can stick with FFXIV, ten years was a good run, i got my moneys worth. It just wouldnt be what i want anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    I'd argue that WoD's story is better than any expansion except Wrath, and is certainly the most well-presented. The inclusion of many major characters makes it far more engaging than the seemingly irrelevant Pandaren we suffered through. Thematically, Warlords feels like Warcraft, it resonates in a way that MoP didn't.

I will say that a second expansion on alternate Draenor would feel like oversaturation and genuine filler. It feels about time for Azshara/South Seas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on what we're doing there, but if the endgame is as wholly uninspired as WoD's is, where half of the stuff that's available only at 100 is obsolete an hour after you hit 100 (because the treasure hunt/rare hunt offers gear that's obsolete once you build a set of PvP blues and do an LFR to get Garrison missions rewarding 645 epic gear) and the world content that's left is barely worth the time spent navigating platforms with bad collision detection or running a path that circles the same mountain six times, I can see myself just hitting the level cap, finding a transmog set I like, and resubbing to check out the new stuff patch by patch.

Not much point in paying a monthly sub on something I'm not doing much with when I could use that $15 on old games at the local used game store.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Aligerous View Post
    I'd argue that WoD's story is better than any expansion except Wrath, and is certainly the most well-presented. The inclusion of many major characters makes it far more engaging than the seemingly irrelevant Pandaren we suffered through. Thematically, Warlords feels like Warcraft, it resonates in a way that MoP didn't.
    For me, it almost seems TOO alien. I don't really know how to describe it. It's just not resonating with me like I thought it would. (I also haven't hit 100 yet so I could be completely wrong, just how I feel atm)
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I like WoD's story a lot. Wrath I agree was a really good storyline, but if someones going to say MOP, Cata, or TBC had a better story arc than WoD, or Wrath; I'd say they've been plagued with nostaglia. Sure TBC was superior in ever way to Cata, Mop, but it doesn't touch close to Wrath, or Wod.

OT: it won't take place on Azeroth, Outlands, or Draenor. The new expansion is a brand new story line, complete with all new characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aligerous View Post

I will say that a second expansion on alternate Draenor would feel like oversaturation and genuine filler. It feels about time for Azshara/South Seas.
    Alternate Universe storylines are just... no. I'd prefer to be in a story with characters in our universe, and have my actions actually effect our universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    We're going to alternate Azeroth because we gotta save Illidan from prison and we gotta see an uncorrupted child Arthas so that Anduin can have a prince buddy.
    You forgot the bit where archimonde makes a new lich king with garrosh instead of ner'zhul only instead of tempting arthas into wielding frostmourne he temps yrel and we help thrall defeat garrosh again and follow the story of sylvanas who is torn between destroying the lich king again and wanting sexy make out sessions with lich king/yrel meanwhile the alliance get a small patch where they help find varian again, and everyone is voiced by chris metzen

edit: accidentally used punctuation

10+ Year Old Account
    People will complain about it, say they will leave, then they won't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alternate Universe storylines are just... no. I'd prefer to be in a story with characters in our universe, and have my actions actually effect our universe.
    A lot of the characters are from our universe. Thrall, Khadgar, Maraad, Liadrin, Gazlowe, Garrosh, etc. Your actions do have an impact on our universe as well - we're stopping the Iron Horde from invading our Azeroth. I get what you're saying, but Draenor is essentially not that much different from going to Outland. Yeah, some characters are alive who were previously dead, but they're all big, important names that WoW players weren't able to meaningfully interact with before. Seeing Gul'dan is awesome, he's a villain that works, unlike, say, Illidan, who felt shoehorned in. I've greatly enjoyed learning about the various Warlords and clans, seeing them in their prime, as well as the Draenei. Orc overload is a fair criticism, however.

That would be stretching it very thinly.

Quote Originally Posted by eem5 View Post
    You forgot the bit where archimonde makes a new lich king with garrosh instead of ner'zhul only instead of tempting arthas into wielding frostmourne he temps yrel and we help thrall defeat garrosh again and follow the story of sylvanas who is torn between destroying the lich king again and wanting sexy make out sessions with lich king/yrel meanwhile the alliance get a small patch where they help find varian again, and everyone is voiced by chris metzen

edit: accidentally used punctuation
    I would almost pay thousands to have a Lich King Yrel and the end cinematic is Good Lich King Bolvar cutting off her head and saying "There can only be one Jailer of the Dead"

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I would almost pay thousands to have a Lich King Yrel and the end cinematic is Good Lich King Bolvar cutting off her head and saying "There can only be one Jailer of the Dead"
    Hah, that would be awesome!

And I'd keep playing, as WoD has the best story Blizzard has produced within a game (And yes, I'm talking things like everyone's beloved WC3, but then again, I think MoP was their second best, so..)

Quote Originally Posted by Smoose View Post
    And I'd keep playing, as WoD has the best story Blizzard has produced within a game (And yes, I'm talking things like everyone's beloved WC3, but then again, I think MoP was their second best, so..)
    I really liked how MoP was presented. And also just the story itself. Sure, could have been implemented better in a few areas, but honestly I really liked it.

I have to reserve judgement on WoD until it's over. But I am digging it so far. Just wish its connections to MoP could have been more explicit in-game. I could see people who don't follow forums / read the books / etc, not really having much of an idea of all the backstory involved in MoP->WoD
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.