[SUGGESTIONS] Improvements to Ashran

The game needs World PvP zone and Ashran is a good idea (abie to do it 24/7 unlike Wintergrasp and TolBarad) and a great addition to the game, BUT it has some weird stuff / bad mechanics (events) and alot of potential for improvement.

In my opinion these improvements would enchance ashran and make it more fun:

1) Conquest and Honor should be gained from advancing towards the enemy lines, not be gained from these so called "events" of racing, gathering ore at quarry, capturing spirits/ghosts a burial grounds etc. .
    2) Addition of towers(Horde) and Bunkers (Alliance) similar to Alterac Valley. The mechanic of controlling flag already exists in Ashran. Taking control of the flag near the Bunker/Tower triggers the "Tower/Bunker Invasion event". Successfully defending or attacking it gives you honor/conquest.
    3) Addition of Seige Workshop(Nuetral), Mines(Nuetral) and Docks(Nuetral) similar to Battlegrounds of Arathi Basin/Isle of Conquest. The mechanic of controlling flag already exists in Ashran. Taking control of the flag near the Mines or Docks triggers the "Mines/Docks Invasion event". Successfully defending or attacking it gives you honor/conquest.
    4) For each of the events successfully defended/attacked there could be numerous benefits other then conquest and honor earned.
    -->Gives zone wide buff
    -->Summons faction specific elite commander NPC, (defending the NPC or killing it successfully gives honor/conquest?)
    -->Access to bombs,cannons,vehicles,seige tanks
    -->Access to defensive cannons at stormshield / warspear to use when the opposing faction nears the final kill at our base.
    5) Overall there should be a chain of objectives and with the success of each objective it should help clear the way and lead up to a single ultimate objective : Killing the enemy commander / Capture of the enemy base which gives more rewards. The current "events system" in ashran is just deviating away from this central objective.

--------------------------------

Thats my suggestions, i think everyone should come forward with suggesstions of improvement and not just ""delete ashran, scrap it"" etc etc.

So whats you suggestion for improvement?
    Last edited by RAFFLES; 2015-01-19 at 03:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the first time I have enjoyed PvP in World of Warcraft.

I have been doing the events that you want removed, and I'm loving it.

If only the timers of the events went faster, so I don't have 30 minutes of picking my nose while waiting for the next event.
    We tried raiding the middle to kill time. Instead we only found ourselves killed to the massiv eamounts of alliance.

It seems that there are around 10 times more alliance as there are Horde, at least on my battlegroup. That needs to be fixed

----------------------

Alot of the things you mention is allready in the game in battlegrounds. go do those if you like

Addition of towers(Horde) and Bunkers (Alliance) similar to Alterac Valley. The mechanic of controlling flag already exists in Ashran. Taking control of the flag near the Bunker/Tower triggers the "Tower/Bunker Invasion event". Successfully defending or attacking it gives you honor/conquest.

Do that in Alterac Valley

Addition of Seige Workshop(Nuetral), Mines(Nuetral) and Docks(Nuetral) similar to Battlegrounds of Arathi Basin/Isle of Conquest. The mechanic of controlling flag already exists in Ashran. Taking control of the flag near the Mines or Docks triggers the "Mines/Docks Invasion event". Successfully defending or attacking it gives you honor/conquest.

Do that in isle of Conquest

Overall there should be a chain of objectives and with the success of each objective it should help clear the way and lead up to a single ultimate objective : Killing the enemy commander / Capture of the enemy base which gives more rewards. The current "events system" in ashran is just deviating away from this central objective.

Overall what youare describing there is Alterac Valley.
    Tarren Mill, EU
    Tussee Level 110
    Ygtitte Level 110, Daènerys Level 110, Hotlava Level 110,
    Palefoot Level 110, Elemulius Level 110, Tussedk Level 110,
    Thuesen Level 110, Briènne Level 110, Tussebank level 110
    Tipoldefar Level 110, Gnarfy Level 110

Quote Originally Posted by tussee View Post
    LOL, this is little bit "oxymoron". Events and PVP, do you know what PvP stands for ?
    There is no more alliance as horde, amounts are same. Its just trashran horde habbit to do events and alliance to do volrath so both fractions have gains. Horde is scattered all over trashran all the time so dont wonder when you get killed by alliance deadball.
    Another thing is that 99% of pvpers are in alliance, so even when you will fight for marshalkill as horde you will lose more times like win.
    Blizzard will never force trashran to be onedimensional win, because its casual content and casuals would cry river in neverending fights or horde would be farmed all time in base.

I agree something needs to be done about the events. Even on a balanced server like mine, it doesn't even matter seeing as horde have a huge event group and the alliance focus more on the main road, the entire thing is unbalanced when it is actually one of the servers that has a chance to be balanced.

However outright saying that events should be removed is absurbed. Blizzard isn't going to trash their hard work in making those events just because of balance issues. It would be best to just remove the absurd amount of Conquest point rewarded for completing them.

Also for main road combat there needs to be a mechanic to encourage melee. My under geared fresh 100 hunter was more useful to the Ashran raid than my fully gear warrior. I would suggest on aura of some sort on that NPCs that battle on the main road, reducing damage taken and increasing damage done for all melee specs in their range.

LOL.
    -Capturing spirits at burial grounds is not pvp
    -capturing ore at the quarry is not pvp
    -winning a freaking race is DEFINITELY not pvp

What you are enjoying my friend is NOT pvp but a couple of [ridiculous] PVE events in a World PVP zone that gives free conquest.

What I have sugessted in my first post are actually a better form of PVP events and your suggestion of "do that in alterac valley" is wrong.
    Last edited by RAFFLES; 2015-01-19 at 03:59 PM.

Instead we only found ourselves killed to the massiv eamounts of alliance.

It seems that there are around 10 times more alliance as there are Horde, at least on my battlegroup. That needs to be fixed
    Ashran is set up to always have the same number of Alliance to Horde, if one alliance person joins, they can't enter until another horde person joins. Next there is a cap of the amount of players, so if an alliance leaves, it won't let them in until a horde leaves also to fill in both spots at once. That's why queue times are long.

If you feel like you're being overwhelmed by the amount of alliance, it's because your faction is somewhere else.

The alternative is to just admit you are bad.
    The post that Blizzard banned me for:
    2014-11-28 19:55:26 [Trade - City] Potassiumgluconate: female dwarf butts are the best thing that this expansion has given us.
    Butts are a touchy subject.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Potassiumgluconate View Post
    Ashran is set up to always have the same number of Alliance to Horde, if one alliance person joins, they can't enter until another horde person joins. Next there is a cap of the amount of players, so if an alliance leaves, it won't let them in until a horde leaves also to fill in both spots at once. That's why queue times are long.

If you feel like you're being overwhelmed by the amount of alliance, it's because your faction is somewhere else.

The alternative is to just admit you are bad.
    Too bad that queue system is shit and bugged. It's been proven on several occasions that the number of alliance and horde inside isnt equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Potassiumgluconate View Post
    Next there is a cap of the amount of players, so if an alliance leaves, it won't let them in until a horde leaves also to fill in both spots at once.
    That's not quite what a cap means. It works like that when the factions are at max - 150 a side - but not at the lower levels that are actually happening. This is because it is not at cap (short for maximum capacity) at the time. This is how you get the documented discrepancies of one faction having nearly half a raid more than the other, despite the entry restriction. You have your theoretical balance of 20 Alliance, 20 Horde. 3 Horde players get tired of waiting between events and drop. 1 Alliance and 1 Horde queue at the same time and are granted entry. The faction balance in Ashran is now 21-18. Now repeat that all day and that's how you get the 72-48 "balanced" numbers that people are documenting.

10+ Year Old Account
    as a horde player, i am enjoying my time when doing the events at ashran, be it pvp or pve or neither. i don't like to turtle in the mid just to be slaughtered by coward allliance scum which outnumbers ( or outnumbered in the past and shaped horde side's event habit ) us 3 to 1.

moral of the story : i like ashran as it is now, if you don't like it don't join the so called battle. have a nice day.

quick edit: fuck that tree.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Really, the PVE side events would be PVP if both factions would contest to win them. They're intended to be lucrative rewards to encourage both factions to fight each other to win them. Winning a race isnt explicitly pvp, but the intent was for the factions to fight each other so they could win dominance and win the race. Likewise collecting ore.

Sadly this hasnt worked because Horde do events and Alliance do the main road. It's made Ashran boring.

Deleted
    I think Ashran queue and team balance should be made alike all BGs.
    I do not understand the current mechanic to get in and how the game balances faction player count.

Make it 100 / 100 players with multitude instances going on simultaneously. Just like all BGs out there.
    Once in, you can stay for as much as you like though.
    When you queue, you will be chosen to enter the first instance that has a free space in it.

And please, decrease side events conquest reward to 25 CP or something.
    They SHOULDN'T be more compelling than the main goal of the zone.