Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Make it a habit to react to shit before it happens in everything you do. Prioritizing timer bars in your boss mods over actual messages is a good start.

Know the fights, the more aspects (even other roles) of it, the better. Know -why- you do mechanics so that you can adapt.

If your brain just cuts "off" or you just forget that something is going to happen/needs to be dealt with and the boss mod is not doing a good enough job, just make a WeakAura full of text and put it somewhere decent. Like an in-game post-it note. Keep your brain engaged in the game and don't let it slip out of focus. In reality, dealing with encounter mechanics is often fairly trivial as long as you know what to do, and why you do it. Consistency is key.

I've gotta agree a bit with OP. I moved on from my long time main as hunter due to very low dps despite following suggested rotations and simcraft info. I just really enjoyed BM and had loved pet collecting, moving dps, etc.. But between the low dps feeling with BM and having another raiding hunter who is constantly in top 95% dps parses on each boss, I just didn't enjoy my hunter any more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudge View Post
    I've gotta agree a bit with OP. I moved on from my long time main as hunter due to very low dps despite following suggested rotations and simcraft info. I just really enjoyed BM and had loved pet collecting, moving dps, etc.. But between the low dps feeling with BM and having another raiding hunter who is constantly in top 95% dps parses on each boss, I just didn't enjoy my hunter any more.
    I love my BM Spec but sadly most fights don't favor BM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Be warned Hunters normally get the crazy jobs in a raid. If you don't think you can do that, this will not be the class for you.

For example: Mythic Kargath

All dps stand within the center circle with 3 people (Hunters or Mages) out next to one of the tiger traps. Their job is to dodge bad crap until blade rush occurs.
    Bezerker Rush occurs, Hit Deterrence, 1 second before he hits you. In the last 3 seconds of your Deterrence count down over vent 3, 2, 1, HoP. Paladin casts hand of protection on you.. stand still for duration of hand of protection. Boss will finish his Bezerker Rush on you and go back to tank. Rinse repeat for rest of fight.

He will only rush the three players outside of the circle. There must be three of them. A Hunter can use Deterrence and Mages can use Ice block. You will have to have paladins for Hand of Protection.

That is the entire fight. The boss goes down simply. Now, having said that... as a hunter you can see you are the one responsible for the raids success.
    Last edited by Youn; 2015-01-19 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    Be warned Hunters normally get the crazy jobs in a raid. If you don't think you can do that, this will not be the class for you.

For example: Mythic Kargath

All dps stand within the center circle with 3 people (Hunters or Mages) out next to one of the tiger traps. Their job is to dodge bad crap until blade rush occurs.
    Bezerker Rush occurs, Hit Deterrence, 1 second before he hits you. In the last 3 seconds of your Deterrence count down over vent 3, 2, 1, HoP. Paladin casts hand of protection on you.. stand still for duration of hand of protection. Boss will finish his Bezerker Rush on you and go back to tank. Rinse repeat for rest of fight.

He will only rush the three players outside of the circle. There must be three of them. A Hunter can use Deterrence and Mages can use Ice block. You will have to have paladins for Hand of Protection.

That is the entire fight. The boss goes down simply. Now, having said that... as a hunter you can see you are the one responsible for the raids success.
    Or you could tank him on the opposite side of the room and when he fixates anyone he hits the flame pillar in like .5 seconds. No reason to bait the roar buff on this when it gets to 100 super fast anyway if u can dodge fires.

elemental shaman is where it's at, i've done zero jobs so far 6/7 mythic.

no utility, no mobility, what the fuck can i do? good thing i've always been high ranking otherwise it's hard to justify a spot.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you Det/HoP or IceBlock/HoP his rush. You will spike the roar of the crowd to 80%+ after the first one. If you do it twice it will be stacked to 100% and your group can hit heroism and burn him down. Any rush after that you instantly put him in a fire. You also don't have to worry about a cat as it can always be placed in the fire and ignored.

Deleted
    Yeah feel you there brother. I'm doing fine on the dps but not the stellar that I want. So I now took a break. Maybe some distance will help it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh snap View Post
    *I really dislike mythic difficulty. My first experience with the my guild in Kargath mythic was a grueling one. I died to each and every mechanic that can kill you, save overaggroing the boss. There is just too much shit going on.

Kargath mythic. Basically a lot of shit.
    There is shit on the ground - don't stand in it.
    There is shit around the fire vents - don't stand in it.
    There are some shitty cats coming at you - drag the cats to the fire vents.
    There is the shitty boss coming at you - drag the boss to the fire vents (we were doing the easy tactic)
    There are shitty holes in the floor - don't fall in them

Eventually I just asked the raid leader to replace me. The next day I told them I'm taking a break from wow, and started leveling a warrior, no one tells warriors to do gimmick jobs.
    Not to be a dick but what you mentioned in your post are basic raid mechanics. If you can't do them or think it's overwhelming than maybe mythic progression isn't for you just yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

7+ Year Old Account
    I know that feel bro, i get these feelings a lot as well after playing 10 years and end up feeling like I am more of a solo player. Trying to get back into raiding and having the same problems. Feel like im beating my head against a wall
    Dedicated Gamer and Writer
    Check out my blog, every read and share really helps out!

http://meanddavid.blogspot.com/
    http://forscent.tumblr.com/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalConduit View Post
    If you are dying because of every mechanic on M Kargath I cant wait to see how you fair as a warrior on M Tectus :')
    Or twins.Dont even think that Kargath is more easy for warrior you can die much more easy there coz you have to move again from all thaty stuff who is trowed to your hunter + to deal with adds up + to be aware when he will go for bladerushing+ to not get knocked in to flame and beast hole before chains
    Yea there is alot of movement but as hunter you dint give a peny about that also if you dont want to be blade rushed stay close to the boss
    Anyway i paly hunter coz i want to do the shity stuff and can be much more mobile than even melees.Just i hate my RNG bad luck only but if i level up another toon because of that i will simple make another hunter
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2015-01-20 at 05:18 PM.

Deleted
    Just dung 100 on mine this morning and got it to ilvl 618, came 1st on every fight in hm lfr (hard I know) as survival with focusing shot.

Very fun/easy to play, but i'm a very active/quick learner so I guess I don't realize how hard it is "supposed" to be

I am 664 sv hunter with FS and barrage and I am raid aware and all that happy stuff but yeah, I am gimped by my stage 1 Skull of war and my 655 scales of doom trink. I still think it is m Skull one that hurts me more. You just have to hang in there and keep shooting.

Deleted
    "I suck at bosses where there no mechanics"
    "I suck at bosses when I need to move"
    "I suck at doing stuff"

Oh god, you're right about taking a break if that's your mindset while raiding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Langy View Post
    Just dung 100 on mine this morning and got it to ilvl 618, came 1st on every fight in hm lfr (hard I know) as survival with focusing shot.

Very fun/easy to play, but i'm a very active/quick learner so I guess I don't realize how hard it is "supposed" to be
    Lol, my hunter can faceroll LFR dps meter everytime in 640 ilevel. The people in the LFR are mostly shit geared and bads who are farming for their entry level gear or just stuff for the legendary quest. LFR performance is really irrelevant and also because you can literally stand in the fire and don't die.

The odds that you will meet someone in 660 gear and up are really slim, and even lower in random hc dungs as no one needs to farm anything in there, so geared people have 0 reason to be there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by M4D View Post
    "I suck at bosses where there no mechanics"
    "I suck at bosses when I need to move"
    "I suck at doing stuff"

Oh god, you're right about taking a break if that's your mindset while raiding.
    I'd like to see you play a raid that has 3 times the amount of stuff going on at Kargath mythic. There is only so much a human player can take before his situational awareness is overwhelmed. So don't be so smug.

You want a raid spot? Play a hunter. Don't want to do mechanics? Don't play a hunter.

You can't have your cake, and eat it too. Take your pick.