Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    My top 3: 1- Agent 2- Warrior 3- Knight

Deleted
    Jedi Knight bored the living crap out of me. VERY MILD SPOILERS: OMG something new is using the force, and OMG ANOTHER THING IS USING THE FORCE. BTW they stole all our military secrets because literally everybody in the Republic except you is useless. Go save the world plz.

Agent and Inquisitor had pretty cool stories, but they aren't too thematically varied from standard Sithy stuff after a while either.

If I had to choose I'd say Imperial Agent was my favorite, but Bounty Hunter is pretty close. I just love being a non-Sith and being able to tell them where to stick it. Sith Warrior is really fun too because you can play kind of that way too, just with Baras, not all Sith. Inquisitor was interesting, but not as fun. I liked Jedi Knight from a story point of view, but it is pretty cookie cutter "ah help me Obi-Wan, you're our only hope!" kind of thing.

The rest are OK, they just don't have the flare and "pull" (IMO) the others do.

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR View Post
    literally everybody in the Republic except you is useless. Go save the world plz.
    That's sort of how they all are though. Actually I'd go as far as saying that's how virtually every quest/raid/dungeon in every mmo is designed. Nothing ever gets accomplished unless we do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeba View Post
    That's sort of how they all are though. Actually I'd go as far as saying that's how virtually every quest/raid/dungeon in every mmo is designed. Nothing ever gets accomplished unless we do it.
    In general, I imagine MMOs npc worlds as being very delicately balanced, where every single NPC force is perfectly on-par with the other, and you, the player, are the force that tips that balance in your faction's favour. So while nothing seems to get done while you're away, you don't lose ground either. Obviously it's just because having a fully dynamic NPC world would be fun a lot of work.
    In TOR though, it's very rarely 'Thank god you're here'; it's 'We're getting clobbered and the enemy has stolen important stuff from us'. Maybe it's to make you feel like a hero, which Bioware seemed to put a lot of emphasis on. For me, it felt like I was babysitting an entire faction.

EDIT: And to expand on why my impression of the JK is so negative, [Incredibly minor spoiler] one mission involves a bad guy trying to flee and a few prisoners inside cages, and you have to choose if you want to chase the bad guy or free the prisoners. OBVIOUSLY any smart person pursues the bad guy to stop his getaway, and then you come back for the prisoners afterwards, because they're in absolutely no immediate danger. Or better yet, you give the location to the main force and have a rookie come and rescue them while you save the world.
    But no; you choose to stop the bad guy and you get dark side points for it, presumably because getting some prisoners out 10 minutes earlier than they otherwise would've been is a much smarter plan than stopping the bad guy from, say, kidnapping and imprisoning more people.

/EndRant.
    Last edited by mmoc75503c8c8b; 2015-01-24 at 02:53 PM.

Maybe its my blaster fetish for the game but for me the stories I liked go in this order

Trooper
    Bounty hunter
    Imperial Agent
    Warrior
    Inquisitor
    Knight
    Smuggler

I was always a run n gun blow shit up kinda guy which is why I went trooper. Alot say the story is bland but I found it quite great. I wont go into detail for spoiler reasons but if you want more info you can PM me

With the Sith Warrior story, I played it with a sense of Honor with the thirst for killing. Doing this made it so much more enjoyable. The surprise on NPC faces was a great treat.
    Last edited by WoWGoneBad; 2015-01-24 at 03:34 PM.

I only did the Sith Warrior and Bounty hunter story fully but at the time I was playing with friends playing Inquisitor and operative so I followed their respective story.

The Agent was really good from act 2. Act 1 was kinda meh.
    Sith Warrior would be my 2nd choice. From the get go, I was taken by the atmosphere and the story and I really felt quite good at the end haha
    Sith Inquisitor has some good things going. Difficult to explain without going into much depth but It was enjoyable to see my mate progressing through this story.
    Bounty Hunter was really good at first (Prologue + Act 1), but after that It became kinda boring. But still I took pride in the merc jobs I did through the galaxy.

I started the republic story for jedi knight and smuggler but didn't go far for the moment. Jedi Knight is very generic and star wars like from what I can tell. Smuggler is kinda fun though. I plan on making a trooper and consular jedi as soon as I will have finished my own Agent and Inquisitor character.

just got back to the game after 3 years so It's gonna be a long way =p

Quote Originally Posted by Wildspirit View Post
    I
    Sith Warrior would be my 2nd choice. From the get go, I was taken by the atmosphere and the story and I really felt quite good at the end haha
    Ahaha so much fun killing that fatass Darth Baras, i never liked him from the beginning
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

I loved Darth Baras as a character, he's why I enjoyed Warrior over Inquisitor. Zash was fucking annoying, and so was Thanaton.

Sith Warrior - great story. much better than the jedi warrior counterpart. plus u get to kill a shitton of people if u go dark.
    Imperial Agent - decent act1 story, act2 is somewhat interesting, act 3 held a real shocker though and its great dark as well
    Sith Inquisitor - not very surprising ending- but very entertaining.

I feel kinda bad for the Rebel sides. none of their storys feel like they have that spark to them. who knows maybe i just prefer the layout of the sith empire more. lots of action and excitement and betrayal/death.
    I didnt get into the bounty hunter as much, their story is still pretty good too but im just not into BH as much.