Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Imagine if they made it a scenario instead. A really cool one too. For example, they could make it so you climb on Gorgorek all Shadow of the Colossus style instead of just hitting him as he tickles you. They have the tech to do this, so it could have been done and it would have been great. Also, I would have saved Azuka for the Iron Citadel or something. If they REALLY wanted her for the scenario though, they could have added a few more mechanics and added a bit more flair to the fighting area.

Deleted
    lol

Looking forward to it I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    This Garrison campaign in 6.0 feels underwhelming and unfinished.
    Unfinished sure is a word that pops up a lot.

it was ok... the worst to me was being flown around by a druid from my own garrison, and being told something about my air forces.. damn it to hell my troops can even fly but i can't W..T..F..
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I felt bummed at the gates. By all logic the Iron Horde should be able to steamroll us, yet we've beaten it at every point. Durotan talking big at Grommash was an especially sad moment. I'd make those two switch places in a heartbeat.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    All that shit talking by azuka and her sword but it did nothing special.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    it was ok... the worst to me was being flown around by a druid from my own garrison, and being told something about my air forces.. damn it to hell my troops can even fly but i can't W..T..F..
    lol

It looked great doing the quests with the druid before that, seeing her in crowform fly me out of the volcano, while I was in moonkin form. All I could think was "I'm a big boy, I can do this by myself...this is embarrassing..."

http://i.imgur.com/JnulWOm.jpg

Like a 12-year-old kid sitting in a child's seat on a bicycle.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    I felt bummed at the gates. By all logic the Iron Horde should be able to steamroll us, yet we've beaten it at every point. Durotan talking big at Grommash was an especially sad moment. I'd make those two switch places in a heartbeat.
    You sure? Clearly they're a useless threat, which is kind of their purpose given that they're essentially an army of pawns on Wrathion's chess board. He just wants us united for the fight against the Legion when the time comes, and the Iron Horde is the insignificant army designed to show us how we're great together. That's why they can so easily defeat Warlords, even if Azuka and Gorgorek should really have been saved for a raid like Tanaan's Iron Citadel (Or whatever it's called).
    Last edited by The Flavour Cat; 2015-01-28 at 12:36 PM.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Unfinished sure is a word that pops up a lot.
    Probably because there's a lot of unfinished stuff this expansion

Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    You sure? Clearly they're a useless threat, which is kind of their purpose given that they're essentially an army of pawns on Wrathion's chess board. He just wants us united for the fight against the Legion when the time comes, and the Iron Horde is the insignificant army designed to show us how we're great together. That's why they can so easily defeat Warlords, even if Azuka and Gorgorek should rally have been saved for a raid like Tanaan's Iron Citadel (Or whatever its called).
    Wrathion hasn't been in control, since Kairoz brought Garrosh to Draenor, the Iron horde should by all means be a great threat, considering the orcs were able to lay waste to the eastern Kingdoms, while they were greatly populated . Now they have advanced technology and were united and could actually think clearly, that we beat them so utterly, despite Azeroth being weaker today than it was during the second war makes little sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Wrathion hasn't been in control, since Kairoz brought Garrosh to Draenor, the Iron horde should by all means be a great threat, considering the orcs were able to lay waste to the eastern Kingdoms, while they were greatly populated . Now they have advanced technology and were united and could actually think clearly, that we beat them so utterly, despite Azeroth being weaker today than it was during the second war makes little sense.
    They didnt have Go'el back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    They didnt have Go'el back then.
    They had Gul'dan sort of.

I haven't gotten a garrison campaign mission in months, what gives?

They had Gul'dan sort of.
    Yeah, Gul'dan basicaly did half the job for the alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulkeeperx View Post
    I haven't gotten a garrison campaign mission in months, what gives?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Probably because there's a lot of unfinished stuff this expansion
    In all seriousness, they've acknowledged that it's a problem. Expect a fix in 7.0.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Yeah, Gul'dan basicaly did half the job for the alliance.
    Oh come on ! He is great threat and awesomely written villain. I for once feel very threatened by the fact that he is doing....something...in WoD. Im sure when he decides to strike it will be a great blow. Unless he gets stepped by a demon or falls from stairs while doing it.

The Patient Mountain Called Monkey's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, I honestly didn't believe anyone. I really thought that you guys were just nitpicking. Holy shit. Turning in that quest was the most anticlimactic ending I've experienced in my gaming history. Blizz hyped up Grommash so hard this expac, but watching him runaway like a beaten dog just destroyed any hope I had for this expac lore-wise
    There were no screams, there was no time
    The mountain called Monkey had spoken
    It was only fire and then, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    You sure? Clearly they're a useless threat, which is kind of their purpose given that they're essentially an army of pawns on Wrathion's chess board. He just wants us united for the fight against the Legion when the time comes, and the Iron Horde is the insignificant army designed to show us how we're great together. That's why they can so easily defeat Warlords, even if Azuka and Gorgorek should rally have been saved for a raid like Tanaan's Iron Citadel (Or whatever its called).
    Even Khadgar, who was the leader of the united Alliance/Horde assault against the Iron Horde switched gears and focused his attention almost exclusively on the Shadow Council as soon as we got here.

Deleted
    It seriously feels like WoD was just Blizzard's way to cash in on what they thought was a definitely dying game (with MoP's crashing subscription numbers).

Sadly, if they now dedicate a larger budget (and some actual thought to the development process) for the next expansion, it's unlikely people will come back with WoD being such a huge disappointment.

I'm sorry but a second orc invasion of Azeroth today would not even make it out of swamp of sorrows(blasted lands these days I guess) with proper scouting and communication. The power creep of Azeroth has skyrocketed since the second war. We're talking about mortal races who have stood up to demi-gods at this point. The orcs on the other hand are not fel-infused, and a majority of them are not even taking advantage of their "superior tech" (i.e. they're using melee weapons). This puts them in the "actually weaker than their old counterparts" category.

That's the whole joke of this expansion - the Iron Horde is "dangerous" because of "iron tech"(whatever that means) but all of the warlords are melee warriors. As far as I can tell the only thing the Iron Horde has going for it is that it has a great siege game but that doesn't mean shit if your army can't even make it to the place you need to siege.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaflare View Post
    I'm sorry but a second orc invasion of Azeroth today would not even make it out of swamp of sorrows(blasted lands these days I guess) with proper scouting and communication. The power creep of Azeroth has skyrocketed since the second war. We're talking about mortal races who have stood up to demi-gods at this point. The orcs on the other hand are not fel-infused, and a majority of them are not even taking advantage of their "superior tech" (i.e. they're using melee weapons). This puts them in the "actually weaker than their old counterparts" category.

That's the whole joke of this expansion - the Iron Horde is "dangerous" because of "iron tech"(whatever that means) but all of the warlords are melee warriors. As far as I can tell the only thing the Iron Horde has going for it is that it has a great siege game but that doesn't mean shit if your army can't even make it to the place you need to siege.
    If we consider the tremendous losses all the races on Azeroth had in recent years it makes little sense, on average they all lost at least half their population to some disaster or another since the third war. And most of them fight in in close combat as well and if your opponent utterly outnumbers you, and your armies are half over the world and it takes weeks to properly gather them and engage the enemy the chances of repelling them, before they cased massive damage are rather slim, by all means everything south of Ironforge should have fallen to the iron horde, before Azeroth could react properly and push them back to Draenor.

Not to mention the Iron horde shouldn't have opened the portal before they had finished of the potential resistance on Dreanor itself.