Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Not. Their. Body.
    I do hope you're being this ignorant just to get a rise out of people. You're dead....you don't need your body. What are you going to do? Come back and haunt them if they donate your parts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    I don't really know if this is such a great idea. I mean, think about it, this might encourage women who didn't want to become pregnant to simply kill their children, say they died then give consent to have them become donors simply because the tissue has to be taken fast and no formal investigation can be performed after to see if the child died of natural causes or not.
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

NURSE HE'S OUT OF BED AGAIN

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Ofcourse you wouldn't. You think these people are stupid?
    So if they talk about it, obviously they are doing it. If they don't talk about it, obviously they are just trying to hide the fact that they are doing it?

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    You think such things could ever actually happen? Like, growing people for the sole purpose of organ donation?
    I'm pretty sure a clone of Ewan McGregor and a clone of Scarlett Johansson would end up screwing that up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Unless you believe in an afterlife, the body ceases to be yours when you die. Not because you died, but because the you ceased to exist.
    Yep, you lose the right to bodily autonomy when your body is no longer autonomous.

Deleted
    Opt out makes more sense than Opt in... I mean FFS you're dead what's it matter

Deleted
    They did talk about it. Else I wouldn't know about it.

Why would I randomly bring up the subject? Do you think I'm creative enough to combine NATO research with laser technology and black or LBGT prisoners? I wish I had such a vivid fantasy, I'd become a millionaire selling my stories.
    Well you talk enough bollocks about other subjects so it wouldn't exactly be out of character

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Opt out makes more sense than Opt in... I mean FFS you're dead what's it matter
    Well, some people have religious beliefs which mean they want their body to be as intact as possible after death. But if you're going for cremation then that argument goes out the window and babies themselves probably don't have much in the way of religious beliefs.

So, yeah. Opt out does kind of make more sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rising Flower View Post
    Well, some people have religious beliefs which mean they want their body to be as intact as possible after death. But if you're going for cremation then that argument goes out the window and babies themselves probably don't have much in the way of religious beliefs.

So, yeah. Opt out does kind of make more sense.
    Exactly obviously if their religious the parents will say no

- - - Updated - - -

Opinions and all that.
    She has a point tbf

Deleted
    Opinions and all that.
    Sorry, someone who's pretty known for talking shit is going to need to do better than "Well, this is SO unbelievable that it MUST be true!" as evidence for something happening, is all I'm saying.

Oh wow, that's fucked up.

Because my body is my body even if I'm dead and people shouldn't have the right to do what the fuck they want with it.

If I don't specify that I want to be cremated and sent to Narnia, the default of getting buried with a religious ceremony applies.
    So essentially you argue that organ donation should be that person's choice 100% of the time, but this is about child donation. So I have to ask; what about the donors? I cannot remember what the average age for any kind of gillick competence is (Early teens, iirc), so anyone under that age should not be available for organ donation. Ok, fine, but what about the people who need those organs? The parents can consent to literally every other medical procedure, why can't they consent to that?

Again, we're talking about minors, so I really don't care what you as an adult would want done.

Deleted

She has a point tbf

Adam you... *sniff* *wipes tear away*... you agreed with me on something? DOES THIS MEAN WE ARE FRIENDS NOW?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhetoric View Post
    So essentially you argue that organ donation should be that person's choice 100% of the time, but this is about child donation. So I have to ask; what about the donors? I cannot remember what the average age for any kind of gillick competence is (Early teens, iirc), so anyone under that age should not be available for organ donation. Ok, fine, but what about the people who need those organs? The parents can consent to literally every other medical procedure, why can't they consent to that?

Again, we're talking about minors, so I really don't care what you as an adult would want done.
    Parents don't and shouldn't have sovereignity over the child's body ( which is why circumcision needs to go ).

Find a real donor that WANTS to donate instead of being forced to.

Adam you... *sniff* *wipes tear away*... you agreed with me on something? DOES THIS MEAN WE ARE FRIENDS NOW?
    That's so gay.

Deleted
    I have never held any ill thoughts towards you if that helps

Deleted
    Bahaha. I'm only known for talking shit because most people live in such a cozy little ignorant bubble that they can't cope with the truth when they get it smacked in the face.

What do I get accused of talking shit about?
    Having been a military officer? Yeah, right... except you know that is what really happened no matter how badly people want to downplay it. Do you think if I wasn't one that I'd even had known that NATO had a research department on the same adress as the Royal Military Academy in my country?

Any other things? No? Ok?
    Well, people with unhealthy obsessions with certain things know a lot of internet trivia about those things. It's not all that surprising.

Deleted
    Bahaha. I'm only known for talking shit because most people live in such a cozy little ignorant bubble that they can't cope with the truth when they get it smacked in the face.

What do I get accused of talking shit about?
    Having been a military officer? Yeah, right... except you know that is what really happened no matter how badly people want to downplay it. Do you think if I wasn't one that I'd even had known that NATO had a research department on the same adress as the Royal Military Academy in my country?

Any other things? No? Ok?
    See this is why people roll their eyes at you

Parents don't and shouldn't have sovereignity over the child's body ( which is why circumcision needs to go ).

Its legally impossible for there to be one. On account of the fact only small organs fit in small people, and small people cannot legally consent themselves.

So try again.

Deleted

Find a consenting baby donor.....

Deleted
    Find a consenting baby donor.....
    Find a consenting baby organ receiver.

Deleted
    They can go f* themselves.
    Generally when somebody stands on a pedestal telling people they're not enlightened like yourself they immediately think of that bread bag shoe man claiming the royal family are alien lizards