Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    Only three things really bother me about anime. At least off the top of my head. I'll probably think of more later.

Most of the protagonists are actually just morally correct antagonists. Think about it :|

Friendship and emotions conquering all.

Main characters generally being way too weak or way too strong. Sometimes there are just people that are better than you, and anime seems to think this should never be the case. Brave 10 and Samurai Champloo (Both somewhat underwhelming animes, but still pretty good!) seemed to do this right.
    Well, in a lot of animes the main hero gets beaten up to death or near death to then overpower by their resolve to win no matter what the odds. While it's cheesy, I like the message that no matter what people do to you that you have be yourself and never give up.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    That's the ONE common occurrence you object to in anime?
    Right? Ie. kiddie romance? Civilian carnage?

Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    Those are mainly issues related to shounen series, I for example can't think of that many seinen series that fall into those pitfalls.
    Problem with most seinen is that they tend to be either slice of life snoozefests or g.r.r.martin style and likeable characters dying left, right and center.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    what's to stop them getting one from an actual child if they get one from a fake one?
    Knowing that its wrong and that they have a way to vent their sick fantasies without any child having to be molested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since this thread has devolved into talking about pedophilia and anime and has lost all aspects of constructive discussion, going to just close this now.