Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    Your ideas are really interesting. I was thinking the same thing for pulverize, but with all our rage generating abilities. Each rage generator gives a stack of "TEMP DEBUFF" it stacks up to let's say 12. Every stack consumed by pulverize gives us 1-2 second uptime on pulverize. (Yes this is stolen from Brewmasters, but I like the idea)
    I like it, but that just makes pulverize even better than the other level 100 talents. Maybe if pulverize went baseline and they completely reworked that tier.

7/7M bear here, my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Casa/advanced

At high level, bears take significantly more damage than other tanks, require significantly more external healing than other tanks, and deal significantly less damage than other tanks. These are facts.

Buffing passive damage reduction is a bad move, as at the "not even pressing buttons" skill level (what Blizzard seems to tune for), we're pretty strong. Instead, they should help us out in the active department. This sort of thing:

Higher SD uptime, either via a 9 second recharge, or allowing something to reduce the recharge timer (crits, dodges, etc.)

More rage gen for more self healing. Bump up the autoattack rage a bit, increase rage from crits, maybe even give us back our extra crit/haste rating so those stats aren't so bad.

Deleted
    Yes i already did sorta, leveled a paladin up and got geared up to 662 from heroics this reset, still swapping to my bear for mythic for the time being, but come blackrock foundry plan is to go full time on the paladin.

It's sad though been playing my bear since the end of Burning Crusade, and while it was never better than any of the other tanks, it wasn't in such a sorry state that i felt i had to switch not to bring down my guild's progress which is the case now.

The situation maybe wouldn't have been so dire if they had kept barkskin on 30 second cd and kept might of ursoc.

Had hope they would fix some of its issues for 6.1 but its looking more and more unlikely at this point.
    Last edited by mmocb2358cdeee; 2015-01-22 at 05:29 PM.

I still have high hopes that Blizz will come through and save us. I really do. There has been a myriad of different suggestions from the community both on here, incbear, etc. and I wish some get implemented.

(side note: Grats on the Imp kill Casa. Glad our realm block has a 7/7 guild now lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Casagrande View Post
    I like it, but that just makes pulverize even better than the other level 100 talents. Maybe if pulverize went baseline and they completely reworked that tier.

7/7M bear here, my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Casa/advanced

At high level, bears take significantly more damage than other tanks, require significantly more external healing than other tanks, and deal significantly less damage than other tanks. These are facts.

Buffing passive damage reduction is a bad move, as at the "not even pressing buttons" skill level (what Blizzard seems to tune for), we're pretty strong. Instead, they should help us out in the active department. This sort of thing:

Higher SD uptime, either via a 9 second recharge, or allowing something to reduce the recharge timer (crits, dodges, etc.)

More rage gen for more self healing. Bump up the autoattack rage a bit, increase rage from crits, maybe even give us back our extra crit/haste rating so those stats aren't so bad.
    Marry me pls, only 2/7 here atm due to roster volatility (i think). I realise my idea is going to make pulverize more OP, but I forgot to add what i proposed in another thread. Make pulv baseline and change the talent to: "FR is now a shield". Change Elune to reduce rage cost by the amount of CD it reduces, and give bristling some passive effect.
    Last edited by CenariusTheForestLord; 2015-01-22 at 06:18 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have played every tank spec in WoD and the two i find most enjoyable are Blood and BrM. I went through a brief Prot Warrior phase, but ended up feeling that the spec is too dependent on outside healing for my tastes. Play-wise, Guardian is the one i like the least.

Was getting sad by reading this thread, because I fell the same.

Druid tanks were known as tanks with huge HP pools for hard hiitting bosses.

Now they have 0 tools (aoe stun, etc.), less survivability and do far less damage than the other tanks....
    The only good job we could do was amazong aoe... but now thi is also gone.

So why take a druid tank into your raid?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaledwyn View Post
    Druid tanks were known as tanks with huge HP pools for hard hiitting bosses.
    4 years (or more) ago MAybe.
    Druid tanks were known the greates armored tanks, the best tanks with passive mitigation. Agility, dodge.
    We are spiky sometimes, for the nature of the dodge.
    Actualy we are lacking in some environment. Aoe stuns as you said.
    less survival absolutely not. Ursa maior? Pulverize?

im not saying that the bear is amazing. Is also boring (4 buttons? 5?), but is perfectly playable also at good levels.

Tanking is not the tank class (per se), is a way to play. Paladin, warr, dk, monk or bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm, sadly, starting to switch. Getting my paladin geared up, hopefully I can get him to the 630-640 range by tuesday so I can take him into our normal run. I love my druid, but I just hate feeling like I'm being held back by a class that's half finished.

It's frustrating, as I just got my 690 ring, and otherwise have decent gear on my bear. I just feel like I lack the toolkit to do what I need to do on a lot of fights. I feel utterly helpless on fights like Ko'ragh and Brackenspore. Our MT is a warrior (I'm the off-tank), and on Ko'ragh, every other add phase he just leaps behind one of the zone things, drops a mocking banner on the boss, and just tanks away. Whereas I have to try to hit each one with faerie fire and hope no one else sneezes at it while it makes its way toward me, all the while dealing with the fact that adds STILL don't stack in the right spot with bear form (meaning they go just behind the head on bear form, making it hard as hell to keep the adds in the zone).

I just feel like bear is missing so many small utilities that would make them useful. An aoe taunt would just be awesome, and a higher baseline dodge would help (even just 5%). Possibly a talent to change Savage Defense into a bubble that absorbs magic instead of increasing dodge would go a long way toward helping our survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by Vouksh89 View Post
    I love my druid, but I just hate feeling like I'm being held back by a class that's half finished.

I just feel like I lack the toolkit to do what I need to do on a lot of fights. I feel utterly helpless on fights like Ko'ragh and Brackenspore. Our MT is a warrior (I'm the off-tank), and on Ko'ragh, every other add phase he just leaps behind one of the zone things, drops a mocking banner on the boss, and just tanks away. Whereas I have to try to hit each one with faerie fire and hope no one else sneezes at it while it makes its way toward me, all the while dealing with the fact that adds STILL don't stack in the right spot with bear form (meaning they go just behind the head on bear form, making it hard as hell to keep the adds in the zone).

I just feel like bear is missing so many small utilities that would make them useful. An aoe taunt would just be awesome, and a higher baseline dodge would help (even just 5%). Possibly a talent to change Savage Defense into a bubble that absorbs magic instead of increasing dodge would go a long way toward helping our survivability.
    100% this.

Just a small hint:

When it's your turn to "collect" the adds during the Ko'ragh fight, just let all your healers cuddle behind a void. If there is a priest, let him grab you to their location and spam thrash (healer aggro will do the aoe taunt job for you).

Quote Originally Posted by Thaledwyn View Post
    100% this.

Just a small hint:

When it's your turn to "collect" the adds during the Ko'ragh fight, just let all your healers cuddle behind a void. If there is a priest, let him grab you to their location and spam thrash (healer aggro will do the aoe taunt job for you).

That trick sounds great in theory...Always end up having a melee using passive cleave/aoe abilities during charging which pull a few adds.

Instead, for our group, I sit on boss and wait to use vortex on the suppression field of choice while our pally tank drops a hammer + consecrate on the boss to instantly and effortlessly get agro on every add wave....

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The announcement of the class changes coming in 6.1 has given me hope. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.

Deleted
    3/7M here. Thrash nerf was rough but bears are still viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Stereo View Post
    4/7 Mythic here.
    Go full mastery and enjoy.
    Yeah, let me just reforge all my gear to master...

oh yeah. You wear what you get. No luck with mastery? Fuck right off then.

i like stacking lacerate to 3 hit pulverize and do the same shit again the whole raid

great design someone should give them an award for being so creative

Guardians are fine on every fight that doesn't involve magic damage. It's absolutely horrendous on Imperator adds for instance.
    Our DPS on the other hand is tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
    Guardians are fine on every fight that doesn't involve magic damage. It's absolutely horrendous on Imperator adds for instance.
    I agree, thrash definitely needed a nerf but the one we got was way too big (especially with 0 compensation in other areas) i was expecting 20-25% maybe, now it takes 3-4 thrashes just to pull off a black ox statue on cho'gall adds.
    Our damage taken is definitely fine on non magic adds, our utility and dps is a little lacking in comparison to other tanks, i hope there is more to come with these 6.1 patch notes because i don't think those changes are enough.

They should really change Pulverize to be more like the Insanity talent on Shadow Priests.

"After using Lacerate or Thrash a combined 3 times, your next Mangle becomes a vicious Pulverize, dealing an additional 30% damage and reducing the damage you take by 15% for the next 12 seconds."

This solves a few problems:

1. Increases single target damage by making Mangles not triggered by the Lacerate reset deal 30% more damage
    2. Gets rid of the silly consuming Lacerate part of Pulv which is genuinely retarded and serves no purpose
    3. Allows the use of Pulv in AoE situations without losing tons of AoE damage
    4. increases Rage generation by removing Pulv as a separate ability that generates zero rage

Honestly, Pulv really needs to be baseline at this point. The changes being made to Bristling Fur and GoE in 6.1 are fucking laughable.
    Last edited by Zautix; 2015-01-24 at 05:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zautix View Post
    They should really change Pulverize to be more like the Insanity talent on Shadow Priests.

"After using Lacerate or Thrash a combined 3 times, your next Mangle becomes a vicious Pulverize, dealing an additional 30% damage and reducing the damage you take by 15% for the next 12 seconds."
    Pulverize duration increase would be better Also maybe pulverize should increase rage generation instead of 15% reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post

Add ranged threat, snap threat, AoE threat, mobility, large numbers of adds and spike damage to that list.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, so was out of town for the weekend and hadn't really been looking at the "changes" coming for us. Looking over them now, I'm thoroughly disgusted.
    Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.