Thread: IT Help

IT Help

A group of my friends and I do not have an IT Team. We are a small team selling and making e-liquid. We are seeing the fruits of our labor though Is it possible to hire an external IT team that we can call when our website acts out or when our POS is not working properly?

From experience a lot of marketing/design/seo type companies are happy to offer IT services inclusively - as well as many other IT related services you may buy generally.

Also worth just checking around all the forms of IT places locally, assuming you live in/near a town/city.

I'm assuming if you don't have the technical skills internally someone helped with your website - see if they / their company would be willing to do paid tech support.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

If you have the resources, then why not? Hiring an external team to make your work easier is always worth it. But be sure to choose the right team though. The problem lies when you have chosen the wrong one. Waste of time, energy and money.

There are countless companies that do just what you're asking for. Search the net for a stable company with a strong portfolio that meets your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    From experience a lot of marketing/design/seo type companies are happy to offer IT services inclusively - as well as many other IT related services you may buy generally.

Also worth just checking around all the forms of IT places locally, assuming you live in/near a town/city.

I'm assuming if you don't have the technical skills internally someone helped with your website - see if they / their company would be willing to do paid tech support.
    Hi Raiju. I found one online called parachutetechs. Is this what you are referring to? They are a bit pricey for our small business. I am now looking for someone from oDesk. Hopefully this search pays off. On the other hand, I got a student (working part time so he can continue studying) to create our database. I am not sure what system he is using because my business partner is working with him. Right now, we do not have problems with our connection and our POS and I hope it will stay this way until I find an on-call IT guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lita Rennold View Post
    Hi Raiju. I found one online called parachutetechs. Is this what you are referring to? They are a bit pricey for our small business. I am now looking for someone from oDesk. Hopefully this search pays off. On the other hand, I got a student (working part time so he can continue studying) to create our database. I am not sure what system he is using because my business partner is working with him. Right now, we do not have problems with our connection and our POS and I hope it will stay this way until I find an on-call IT guy.
    Seems you need to start networking haha. Not that you have to join the rotary but, once you get in that circle with other entrepreneurs and talk about such stuff there is always somebody who knows a guy that does good work.

Anyways, don't know a specific company for you. I am probably not from your country etc.

I would take the time to learn Wordpress and get a Wordpress account with a hosting company. Unless you're making lots of money.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

There are countless companies that do just what you're asking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Lita Rennold View Post
    A group of my friends and I do not have an IT Team. We are a small team selling and making e-liquid. We are seeing the fruits of our labor though Is it possible to hire an external IT team that we can call when our website acts out or when our POS is not working properly?
    Of course, there are companies out there who offer IT services. They can provide complete IT support while you focus on your business. I've seen many online when I was looking for a third party that can market our business website.