Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Are you more liely to attend an indie or a blockbuster style movie?

I don't see many movies.... those I do tend to be of the blockbuster variety.

15+ Year Old Account
    I love indie games, I strongly dislike indie movies. So, my answer is blockbuster.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Blockbuster. I'm a sucker for production value and great visuals.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more likely to wait for it to come out on Netflix/DVD.

Depends entirely how well it's presenting itself. I'm quite into the indie fare atm though, so there's a higher chance I'll like indies.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blockbuster at the movies.

I love my indie films, I just wait to see them when they're available to rent.

Deleted
    Probably blockbuster,i prefer watching indies at home.

Deleted
    Sweden is horrible at showing indie movies on cinema's. Then again, I go to see a movie maybe twice a year or something like that so maybe I am just bad at finding where they show the indie movies

It depends ENTIRELY on the movie. I'm a lot more likely to go see a new Marvel movie or something than I am some quirky indie comedy, but OTOH, put something out there like The Raid 2 and fuck yeah, I'm seeing that no matter what else is playing.

Most of the Indie movies I have seen are just awful, terrible, despicable. So I'll go with Blockbuster.

15+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the movie, and what you mean by "indie movie." There are a lot of really good independantly produced and distributed movies (Pulp Fiction being a notable example), but there's also a lot of pretentious hipster stuff, and the latter is what a lot of people seem to associate the term "indie" with.

So, yeah, it depends on my mood. I'll go indie if I'm in the mood for something a bit offbeat or dark, usually. Sometimes it's hit or miss. The other night I watched Computer Chess on Netflix, which was total amateur hour and wasted what could have been a really interesting premise. I also watched Bernie and Nebraska, both of which I enjoyed.

Blockbusters usually, but it's tough. On one side I have X-Men: Days of Future Past, The LEGO Movie, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and Guardians of the Galaxy, on the other I have The Imitation Game, Whiplash, Boyhood and Birdman.

Neither, I watch everything online.

Indie. Hollywood has burnt me too many times. Hell, last couple times other people paid and I still left feeling ripped off.

I sometimes watch indie movies if they've been heavily recommended to me. Or if I'm dragged along to them (which has mixed results).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends. I like the big screens in movie theaters but indie movies most likely won't be shown on them. I don't like small cinemas. On TV I like to watch indie films more because they usually are shown on channels without advertising.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a mix of both, with my blockbuster preference being comic book films. So far this year, I've seen Foxcatcher, Birdman, Ex Machina and Kingsman: The Secret Service. I only really see something that's worth making the trip to the cinema, and it usually works out most of the time (Yeah, I saw The Amazing Spider-Man 2, and it wasn't as awful as people say, just disappointing).
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Blockbuster all the way. Indie only if there are a lot of tits of hot chicks.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I'd be open to attend any free (or heavily-discounted) screening of indie movies. If it's a paid sitting, blockbuster's the way to go.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care that much when it comes to a theater; I'll watch them using the internet. I'll go if others are going type of thing, but it'd never be my idea to go to the movies (unless it's family and we have nothing better to do, a movie gives me 2 hours of alone time). But I'm going to the new Star Wars. It's already planned.