Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hi all, there's a reason (aside from armor) why it seems resto shamans always use a shield in the offhand?
    If I have a "Held In Off-hand" item and a shield of the same ilvl it's always preferable to use the shield?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Heimdall View Post
    Hi all, there's a reason (aside from armor) why it seems resto shamans always use a shield in the offhand?
    If I have a "Held In Off-hand" item and a shield of the same ilvl it's always preferable to use the shield?

thanks
    The last couple shields in the game for casters have been good for shamans to equip, but there is nothing tying us to using them exclusively. Theres a small preference that we use them early on in the gearing process simply to make it easier to gear other caster specs that can use Off-hands and not shields, but its really not a big deal. Use whichever has the better stats for you. Armor should never really be geared around.
    Resto/Ele Shaman Main - Raider for Temerity of Windrunner[A] 13/13M
    Twitter- Twitch - Disc/Holy Priest Alt - MM/BM Hunter Alt
    Always reachable via Twitter for questions, so feel free to bug me.

Deleted
    To add to that: looks! Off-hands look awkward on most races that can play shaman.

Ele shamans use an off-hand as their BiS item, and gruul's staff is super close to BiS for resto. I would try and get a shield for CMs, but for raiding it's whatever.

Thanks guys for the answers, I usually like off-hands more
    I wanted to try enhancement (which i'm doing while leveling) but it seems now the best spec for shaman is restoration and i've never never healed so it would be something new (although i'm torned between monk, shaman and pala).

would you rather bring a shaman or a monk? nvm. should be shaman.
    Last edited by siccora; 2015-06-17 at 09:59 PM.
    13/13

Monk

is AMR a good source if i want to compare items and see what item is better? are those weights the right ones?
    13/13

Monk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    is AMR a good source if i want to compare items and see what item is better? are those weights the right ones?
    The defaults are serviceable, but not exactly on point. Generally spirit should be higher (and way-way higher after you drop 4pc), crit and multistrike are almost identical.

Deleted
    Once you put in your own stat-weights and double-check if the trinkets they suggest make sense it's an awesome tool. Complete item database, fast and well programmed. Just lock your BiS trinkets if it keeps on suggesting shit trinkets.

Is elemental blast still relevant for resto? How would you use this in a raid situation? Only used when no damage is going out? Is it ok for the spell to stay off cd?

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Is elemental blast still relevant for resto? How would you use this in a raid situation? Only used when no damage is going out? Is it ok for the spell to stay off cd?
    Yes its still relevant. Use it as close to on cooldown as raid damage allows.

will this guide be updated for 6.2 and is it updated for 6.1?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marolen View Post
    will this guide be updated for 6.2 and is it updated for 6.1?
    No, it's not, but the advice listed in the first page is quite general and holds true regardless of the changes (or new trinkets or tier sets).

Check out Canibehealz's and Dayani's write ups for more information:
    http://cactar.lwlol.com/threads/t18-resto-shaman.5222/
    https://healiocentric.wordpress.com/...monde-trinket/

i got a question for statsweights and 2nd stats. lets say i am going for a mastery build. and i got 2 pieces. 1 is ilvl 710 with multistrike and versatility and 264 int. the other item is ilvl 700 but got crit and mastery on it. the piece with multi and vers got a budged for 444,5 the other one got 439,2. i want to go with the lowee ilvl because it gives me 5% more mastery, but when it comes to numbers, the other piece is better.

+241 [Agility or Intellect]
    +361 Stamina
    +98 Critical Strike
    +222 Mastery

VS

+264 [Agility or Intellect]
    +396 Stamina
    +131 Versatility
    +221 Multistrike
    13/13

Monk

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    i got a question for statsweights and 2nd stats. lets say i am going for a mastery build. and i got 2 pieces. 1 is ilvl 710 with multistrike and versatility and 264 int. the other item is ilvl 700 but got crit and mastery on it. the piece with multi and vers got a budged for 444,5 the other one got 439,2. i want to go with the lowee ilvl because it gives me 5% more mastery, but when it comes to numbers, the other piece is better.

+241 [Agility or Intellect]
    +361 Stamina
    +98 Critical Strike
    +222 Mastery

VS

+264 [Agility or Intellect]
    +396 Stamina
    +131 Versatility
    +221 Multistrike
    Sometimes its not about what gives you the most stats for your buck. When a piece is very close in value to another, its generally the better idea to go with the piece that gives the stat that youre stacking or focusing on. In this case even with the Mastery piece being slightly behind for the stats raw value (and stat value is a mere guideline and approximation as values change drastically given encounter design and raid comp) its better to take the mastery piece.

- - - Updated - - -

Something that should be mentioned, as its apparently a common question I get; Healer Stat Weights are not strict like dps stat weights. Fight parameters, healing comp, raid skill and content level are all factors which effect how beneficial stats are for you.

Therefore the stat "weights" listed on the sheet are only weighted separately by increments of .5 for math purposes in finding out which piece will have the higher potential gain. That's why there are several tabs with different stat priorities given to suit your situation, playstyle or needs.
    Last edited by Canibehealz; 2015-06-27 at 09:28 PM.

Deleted
    How strong is our 2pc T18 against a 4pc Druid T18 or 4pc T18 Monk?

Quote Originally Posted by RestoShamn43 View Post
    How strong is our 2pc T18 against a 4pc Druid T18 or 4pc T18 Monk?
    Not comparable as they aren't nearly the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has any Shaman logged a fight with them using the class trinket, Core of the Primal Elements? I'm trying to find one to pour over.

our throughput stats are close enough in value that you should almost always take the higher ilvl piece; MS and vers are not our favorite stats but you're getting a lot more of them, to say nothing of the increased int.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evandril View Post
    Has any Shaman logged a fight with them using the class trinket, Core of the Primal Elements? I'm trying to find one to pour over.
    can have a crack at it in today's raid

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blindlad View Post
    can have a crack at it in today's raid
    I'd love you! One attempt is all that's really needed,