Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JJmiller86 View Post
    I can tell you just by playing 2's for an hour last night its Shunter/Rdruid.... both of those classes are extremely good.
    Atm they just synergise the best with each other, both (almost for traps) spammable CC and extreme mobility. Druids don't have to cast to heal where other healers do on top of that. Nerf swiftmend and get a small cooldown on cyclone will get things fixed and tone down druids a bit. Still every healer needs a bit of a survivability buff then so that 3's won't be a NUKE-THE-HEALER race. The amount of brainless double melee teams is too damn high!

Deleted
    BrM viability in 2v2 is way overestimated. Any decent team will train BrM forcing him to burn all his cd's, gibbing him a while after. Ironically, they are squisher targets than frost dk's and their dmg is not enough to put a pressure on a healer. Comp is even weaker now after 'conversion' and 'guard on allies' nerfs. There is a reason why surv/rdruid are top comps and fdk/brm aren't.

surv/rdruid is rank 1 on eu and combat/rdruid is r1 on us afaik.

As RSham (me) / Arms warr - we rarely lose to hunter/rdruid, we're at 2250+ currently, most of our losses come to thug cleave and rdruid/combat rogue. Thats mostly due to my sham being only 634 - i'm sure we'll climb higher as my partner and I reach higher ilvls

Did some 2s last week playing Rdruid (me) and Survival hunter. We went 16W - 4L @ ~1700 MMR. It's very strong atm.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneeBH View Post
    As RSham (me) / Arms warr - we rarely lose to hunter/rdruid, we're at 2250+ currently, most of our losses come to thug cleave and rdruid/combat rogue. Thats mostly due to my sham being only 634 - i'm sure we'll climb higher as my partner and I reach higher ilvls
    I have a hard time believing you.

Link either the war or the sham please.

If what you say is true, you simply had amazing luck not coming up against any competent Hunters.

FDK/RDruid here.
    Even after conversion nerf, shunter/healer around 1850 MMR is beatable for us, but shunters don't have any burst, especially against DK. The match usually goes to big dampening and I'll then drop one of them (whoever I'm currently on) with my burst...

We faced DPriest/CRogue once, that was on our peak at 1900MMR and got properly rekt by that. I find it very difficult to kill disco priest and it's impossible to peel (or even get any uptime) on BoS rogue

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hunter/rDruid is by far the strongest comp. Hunter utility and mobility in unmatched by any other class, which comes out especially well in 2v2 as the available toolset is lot smaller by the opponent team
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Kinda offtopic but how do you beat DK+BrM combo as Rogue+Disc? They seem to be very tanky while still doing a crapton of damage/heals.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 really god players playing semi-decent comp

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunters made me hate 2v2s this xpack.
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Deleted
    its only sv hunters, and its only until trap nerf, then finally it gets somewhat less time consuming fighting them.

Deleted
    Currently it's SV Hunter + R Druid

Watched a rogue/mage stream 2600+ ranked 2v2s on twitch.tv yesterday. They chewed through hunter/druid teams like they were nothing.
    But I guess rogue/mage requires a lot more skill and teamwork to make it perform well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Romeo, was that whaazz + ziqo? They are very good at making it work vs rdruid / surv.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    rdruid + shunter is the epitome of bullshit

I can't imagine anything worse
    Retardin+Resto Druid.

Retardin is unkitable, cannot be cc'd, has got spammable self healing, a plethora of bubbles and shields and has got -in addition- the highest burst damage in the game as well as the longest stun in the game.

I don't understand why people cry for a Surv Hunter, whose utility is tied to their pet, which can be killed anc cc'd as it is a squishy non BM pet.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Deleted
    survive the Paladins burst and he is a nothing to be afraid of afterwards
    survive the hunters burst and ... there literally is no end to his burst besides of crows uptime

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Retardin+Resto Druid.

Retardin is unkitable, cannot be cc'd, has got spammable self healing, a plethora of bubbles and shields and has got -in addition- the highest burst damage in the game as well as the longest stun in the game.

I don't understand why people cry for a Surv Hunter, whose utility is tied to their pet, which can be killed anc cc'd as it is a squishy non BM pet.
    Because survival hunter is not really as dependent on their pet as BM hunter is. They're really mostly used for Master's Call and Roar of Sacrifice. And it's not really hard to resurrect the pet now anyway with 1.5s cast revive pet.

Good hunter can make use of Tranq Shot and dispel every freedom (also selfless healer stacks, HoP, sacrifice) the paladin does, Emancipate won't be enough to remove the slows since it will be auto applied a second later with frost ammo, well one of his slows; there is also concussive shot and ice trap to deal with. In addition to disengage, master's call and explosive trap.

But even then paladin can still retain decent uptime with Judgement sprint + glyph, Seal of Justice and having fair amount of ranged damaging abilities. They have a decent toolkit to remove CCs from their partner with HoP + Sac. I've never seen the two teams fight each other, but I believe it still favors the hunter team. The ret could be just simply CC'd for infinity while the hunter tunnels your healer.
    Last edited by Divinism; 2015-01-23 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Retardin+Resto Druid.

Retadins have great CD-popping burst and moderate survivability, but that's about it. They have trouble closing gaps against kiting classes, their damage isn't great when CDs aren't up, and they lack CC/control other than a CD stun. On the other hand, survival hunters have a higher, more consistent damage output, the equivalent of two full bubbles with deterrence, endless CC, endless kiting ability, and a pet to harass and keep you in combat. Not to mention they can wreck you from 45 yards away. It's not really that close in my opinion.

Deleted
    Made some statistics for 2v2 EU, 2400+ rating and above. Surv + Resto looks (too) good, though you need to give the ladder some time to adapt to the newest nerfs and buffs.