Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Interception View Post
    If you had cancer and were going through chemotherapy would you want to be cared for by a nurse with the flu?
    Yea bro, If I got sick because some health care worker came to work sick and my immune system was destroyed by chemo, I'd just BOOTSTRAP myself up. I'm not one of those 47% of moochers who rely on the rest of us to be healthy!
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

If you had cancer and were going through chemotherapy would you want to be cared for by a nurse with the flu?
    Well I don't work in the healthcare industry, so that's a bit different. Ideally a hospital would provide it's staff with a reasonable number of sick days.

15+ Year Old Account
    Or a waiter, or a chef, or a salesperson, or anyone you have any remotely close contact with?

Fact of the matter is that calling in sick is for the greater good of society's health. I work through being sick because I have work I can do at home, but not everyone has that luxury.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Same. If I can function, I'll be at work.
    I call my boss and tell him I'm sick, and if I feel like it I work from home. If I don't, I take a sick day.

But then again, I'm salaried and get things like paid sick leave and whatnot.
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Bills aren't a concern for me, but I'm not good at taking time off. I had six vacation days or something at my last job after working there for a year and the amount of using them I never did was astronomical.
    I carry over vacation time every year, not always with sick time. Sometimes you wake up with a wicked hangover and just don't feel up to 4 hours of morning meetings.
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is why working from home is awesome. Been doing it for 11 years. Does make me a bit agoraphobic...

Just finished my 10 hours at work! Woot weekend time!!!

(Worked late partially due to eating some bad fish and spending too much time on the porcelain throne posting here)
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That's because it excludes Medicare and social security...
    People collecting Medicare and SS are retired. Where do most people move to when they retire? They move the the South where its warm and nice outside.

http://economistsoutlook.blogs.realt...tirees-moving/

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Which is why working from home is awesome. Been doing it for 11 years. Does make me a bit agoraphobic...

Just finished my 10 hours at work! Woot weekend time!!!

2nd greatest job site ever...HOME.
    You cared enough to post.