Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Are you implying here that Chrome isn't a massive resource hog on PC? <_< 'cause with all the bajillion processes, it kinda is... Ahem, off-topic, sorry.
    I've never had anything but positive experiences with Chrome. Firefox and Waterfox would routinely lag to shit when running multiple tabs, or when I called it back into focus after being tabbed out into something else. I don't think I've ever used IE11.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Do you have a Mac or other Apple product? Get an iPhone.
    Do you use Google for mail, entertainment, etc? Get an Android.
    Do you use XBox more then is healthy? Get a Windows phone.

Otherwise, get the one you like best.
    Have a PS4? Get a Sony Phone to stream your games to your phone, and attach your controller to the phone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I've never had anything but positive experiences with Chrome. Firefox and Waterfox would routinely lag to shit when running multiple tabs, or when I called it back into focus after being tabbed out into something else. I don't think I've ever used IE11.
    I have issues with all browsers. Opera is the only one that is the closest to fully functional for me though, that has NoScript + AdBlock working.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    I have issues with all browsers. Opera is the only one that is the closest to fully functional for me though, that has NoScript + AdBlock working.
    Chrome has a NoScript function built into it (you can tell it not to run any javascript unless you whitelist the page), but I've never found much use for it. AdBlock is available on both of them, as far as I'm aware. Is AdBlock available for IE11? Does IE11 even have addons and widgets like that?
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkis View Post
    400k+ apps last august and growing. 145% growth sisnce august 2013.

- - - Updated - - -

1. If you mean stacking octa-cores and gigs upon gigs of ram, just so OS won't lag and stutter, then yeah - Android is king. Not that it affects stuff like battery life, not at all.
    2. Was said before, and i'll say it again - while Play store indeed is the leader in sheer amount of apps, it's also a leader in sheer amount of useless crap.

And you seem to be forgetting about the nifty little thing called OS upgrades and support. All current WP8 phones get Win10 when it launches. How many Android handsets got the latest (was it 5.0?) OS upgrade?
    Have you heard of the massive amount of fake apps on the Windows Store? they are basically just a link to a website that make you pay for ripoff of a popular app that is usually free. I mean the growth you talking about is mainly due to that, the windows store is loaded with crap. Yes Android also has his fair share of crap, like useless guide for games and stuff like that but atleast they are not scam.

1a. There's not really any true octo-cores SoC in any Android phone, what you are refering to is the big.LITTLE architecture which is basically two quad core cluster, one is a high performance quad core and the other one is a low power and efficient quad core. The phone automatically switch between the two cluster depending on the need (Except for one MediaTek SoC, which has 8 true low power Cortex A53 cores, but its only used in the chinese market).

1b. Oh yeah the competition is soooo much better /sarcasm, (for exemple) most of my friends had an iPhone 4s when they launched iOS 7, guess what happened? It was simply too demanding for the phone and they experienced lag and slow running apps like never before. Windows phone doesnt have a perfect record either for patch, all people who had a W7.5 phone didnt get the W8 upgrade. My almost 3 years old Note2 is still going strong and run even better than when I bought it, simply because Android just get better and better, lighter and easier to run... althought I had to ditch the KitKat touchwiz rom and change the battery after 2 years (normal degradation) but hey atleast I had the option. After upgrading to a 3500mAh battery, I get 12H+ of on screen time (I game alot) per charge, which is by far ahead of most phone on the market (except maybe the Droid Turbo). Hell I've even upgraded my old Nexus One to stock 4.4 just for the lulz and it run amazingly well (better than before)... I gave it to my 6 years old nephew

2. See above
    Last edited by DarkBlade6; 2015-01-22 at 11:22 AM.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    everyone i know that bought a windows phone in the last 2 years regrets it.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Chrome has a NoScript function built into it (you can tell it not to run any javascript unless you whitelist the page), but I've never found much use for it. AdBlock is available on both of them, as far as I'm aware. Is AdBlock available for IE11? Does IE11 even have addons and widgets like that?
    I've had Google bypass my AdBlock requests for their sites, like Youtube. More commonly with Youtube where HTML5 is enforced, and I can't disable it.
    The Notifications built into Chrome irritate the hell out of me more than anything else in any Browser I've had, short of IE Piece of shit Downloader.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Deleted
    Tbh get a OnePlus One (or wait for the Two). Yes yes you need an invite, but lurking on the forums for half an hour could fix that. Or wait for a free invite day.

It's cheap as fuck, it's a better Galaxy S5 for half the price. Rooting it doesn't break warranty (hell, OnePlus practically wants you to do it), and as long as you're not into professional photo shooting, the camera is more then good enough.

Did I tell you it costs half of what other flagship phones cost?

It has more customization due to Cynagogen, though as sais, you can just root anything you want. OnePlus is also developing their own Lollipop ROM now, so that won't take to long anymore.

To be fair, it's just a fucking great phone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    I've had Google bypass my AdBlock requests for their sites, like Youtube. More commonly with Youtube where HTML5 is enforced, and I can't disable it.
    The Notifications built into Chrome irritate the hell out of me more than anything else in any Browser I've had, short of IE Piece of shit Downloader.
    I've always used clea.nr for youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Tbh get a OnePlus One (or wait for the Two). Yes yes you need an invite, but lurking on the forums for half an hour could fix that. Or wait for a free invite day.

It's cheap as fuck, it's a better Galaxy S5 for half the price. Rooting it doesn't break warranty (hell, OnePlus practically wants you to do it), and as long as you're not into professional photo shooting, the camera is more then good enough.

Did I tell you it costs half of what other flagship phones cost?

It has more customization due to Cynagogen, though as sais, you can just root anything you want. OnePlus is also developing their own Lollipop ROM now, so that won't take to long anymore.

To be fair, it's just a fucking great phone.
    Can you write that in English?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkBlade6 View Post
    Have you heard of the massive amount of fake apps on Windows Phone? they are basically just a link to a website that make you pay for ripoff of a popular app that is usually free. I mean the growth you talking about is mainly due to that, the windows store is loaded with crap. Yes Android also has his fair share of crap, like useless guide for games and stuff like that but atleast they are not scam.
    There is such a thing, of course, but i wouldn't call it massive, as many of those apps were kicked off the store, and the ones that are left - you have to look very hard to get them, and if majority of 1-star reviews aren't a red flag for someone - i don't know what to say really. And by saying that accumulating of such apps is the main reason of growth you're plain wrong.

1a. There's not really any true octo-cores SoC in any Android phone, what you are refering to is the big.LITTLE architecture which is basically two cluster of quad core, one is high performance the other one is a low power and efficient quad core. The phone automatically switch between the two cluster depending on the need.
    I was being sarcastic and purposely exaggerative.

1b. Oh yeah the competition is soooo much better /sarcasm, (for exemple) most of my friends had an iPhone 4s when they released iOS 7, guess what happened? It was simply too demanding for the phone and they experienced lag and slow running apps like never before.
    Can't comment on that - my last iPhone was a 3GS, when it was actual. But in general - yes, you're correct - no phone is futureproof. I also can't comment on lower-end devices from both Android and WP camps.

Windows phone doesnt have a perfect record either for patch, all people who had a W7.5 phone didnt get the W8 upgrade.
    True, but it's similar to comparing Android 2.xx with 4.xx - i doubt many of the former got upgraded to the latter. Meanwhile we already have the confirmation that all WP8 devices will get Win10.

My almost 3 years old Note2 is still going strong and run even better than when I bought it, simply because Android just get better and better
    Same with WP - the difference between 8 and 8.1 was staggering in features department. And considering that MS finally got serious about it's mobile platform just couple years ago, i'd say they got pretty good results.

Hell I've even upgraded my old Nexus One to stock 4.4 just for the lulz and it run amazingly well (better than before)... I gave it to my 6 years old nephew
    That's a device i truly miss =)
    Last edited by Darkis; 2015-01-22 at 11:33 AM.

My friend just got a huge ass Nokia from work. He's been an android user for many years, and he's a power user when it comes to smartphones. A short summary of his experiences so far:

Pro: The windows OS is smart, smooth and quick.
    Con: Very few apps, and they're usually shit.
    Mother pus bucket!

Unless you need android for a specific app that isn't available on WP, just get WP. In your budget range, you'd be getting some shitty ass slow android phone, while the windows phone will run as smooth as on a top end phone. I'd compare the operating system to IOS. It just works right out of the box. Sure, the app store isn't as big as other mobile platforms, but I managed to find all apps I needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Also, Android is basically Linux... so you say Linux lags and stutters now?
    A process virtual machine that's slower than Oracle's Java VM.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalvik_%28software%29

It's only recently (Lollipop) that Google steers away from it and for a good reason.
    Last edited by Deng; 2015-01-22 at 12:45 PM.
    Feral4Life since 2005
    cpu: Intel i9-9900K mobo: ASUS Maximus XI Extreme
    cooling: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro gpu: ASUS RTX-2080 Ti
    ssd: Samsung 970Pro, 960 Evo, 860 Evo sound: sadly onboard
    case: Silverstone Fortress 2 Limited Edition (WRI) (I love that beauty)
    ram: 32G G.Skill 3200 C14 display: ACER X27 (G-Sync HDR IPS)

don't even have an idea what snapchat is - never used it, and literally no one i know does
    Well, just because your grandma and toaster don't use it, doesn't mean it isn't highly requested.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/the-most-...678588804.html for iphones
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/top?hl=en for Droids
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Well, just because your grandma and toaster don't use it, doesn't mean it isn't highly requested.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/the-most-...678588804.html for iphones
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/top?hl=en for Droids
    Yeah, i just do my sexting the old-fashioned way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, i just do my sexting the old-fashioned way.
    Useful for more than just sexting, even if that's what it was originally made for

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing I like about WP phones is the hardware. You just get more for your money.
    As an example the Lumia 930 and Nexus 5 are both roughly the same price and have roughly the same performance (since they have the same SoC), yet the Lumia comes with a vastly superior camera and rich recording.

Rich recording makes loud stuff sound like this (Filmed with a Lumia 920)

instead of this (any iphone or android smartphone)

The only non-WP phone I know of that has a similar recording feature is the HTC One M8, but that's a whole lot more expensive.