Thread: Ashran..why..?

10+ Year Old Account

Ashran..why..?

I keep asking myself this question...why Blizzard didn't make Ashran just like Timeless isle design?

By Timeless isle design I mean just new pvp continent no que and all of that crap.

I mean yeah the first patch day of timeless isle wasn't perfect at all some players had dc issues and lagging but I still think it's better than waiting over 10+ hours in the que to be able to get inside Ashran...so yeah...why they didn't do it just like timeless isle what was wrong with that design?

Discuss please and thanks for reading.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    I keep asking myself this question...why Blizzard didn't make Ashran just like Timeless isle design?

By Timeless isle design I mean just new pvp continent no que and all of that crap.

I mean yeah the first patch day of timeless isle wasn't perfect at all some players had dc issues and lagging but I still think it's better than waiting over 10+ hours in the que to be able to get inside Ashran...so yeah...why they didn't do it just like timeless isle what was wrong with that design?

Discuss please and thanks for reading.
    Balancing the odds I reckon? Timeless Isle was FFA madness where the faction balance was way off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Balancing the odds I reckon? Timeless Isle was FFA madness where the faction balance was way off.
    I know that but even if it wasn't balanced at least you are able to play the content right? isn't it still better than waiting for so many hours for the que?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    I know that but even if it wasn't balanced at least you are able to play the content right? isn't it still better than waiting for so many hours for the que?
    My old server became horde dominated in MOP. It wasn't bad because it was really low pop. When it got merged with 5 other realms, the number of horde became much much much bigger. Timeless Isle was pretty much impossible after that. Even levelling through WOD only happened for me if the horde level me level. I could only do anything if horde let me really, because no matter where I was, there was about 5 or 6 horde doing what I was doing. So no, not everybody gets to play the content, only the faction that rules can.

I wish PvP servers were more even, because my old server had very even A:H ratios through to Cata, and it was really awesome to know that any opposite faction encounter could go either way and pretty much be fair. Isle of Quel'Danas was a pretty amazing zone for my server in TBC because of how even it was.

With how people distribute themselves among realms these days (back in Vanilla, people looked for most even realm pops or even the underdog, which back then was horde). Ahsran, or at least a world PvP styled zone design dependent on realm balance never should have been a thing because of that. I love the idea, but in practice, it no longer works. Every MMO I've played, and attempted playing on a PvP enabled server always went to hell because people always want to be on the dominating side.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Ashrans sole purpose is PvP, but I can tell you this right now, I had more fun on the timeless isle doing random pvp shit ganking mostly, than I've ever had on Ashran...
    That's the sad truth

Balancing the odds?

This is me in Ashran after a 30 minute queue.

http://i.imgur.com/Asx9g9R.jpg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eileana View Post
    Balancing the odds?

Thats because horde pretty much refuses to fight, they rather do events.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eileana View Post
    Balancing the odds?

Entered this Ashran for the first time yesterday. 40min queue, left after 15min. Verry annoying. Alliance farming right at the entrance. :/

Because Blizzard thought they could outsmart the community and balance the Ashrans, but we still somehow ended up with alliance killing boss on cd and horde monopolizing events, on top of big ass queues.

Both sides are in premiere expansion PVP area doing PVE. Ashran is a giant turd, and I hope Blizzard makes some drastic changes.

Currently all it consists of 2 zergs entirely avoiding each other. Alliance press main road to boss and killing the main boss (375 conquest fist time--zilch after). Horde all run from event to event continually scooping up smaller conquest amounts from those.

Quote Originally Posted by warlockiii View Post
    Both sides are in premiere expansion PVP area doing PVE. Ashran is a giant turd, and I hope Blizzard makes some drastic changes.

Currently all it consists of 2 zergs entirely avoiding each other. Alliance press main road to boss and killing the main boss (375 conquest fist time--zilch after). Horde all run from event to event continually scooping up smaller conquest amounts from those.
    I kinda hope it stays like this honestly, or something similar to give horde an easy way to get conquest. I have 3 lvl 100's, all alliance. All my friends are alliance and so I can do arena easily. None of my friends left play horde. Leveling a troll hunter and was worried about him only having honor gear when I realized ashran works pretty well for cp for horde. Its pretty selfish but ill be benefiting.

What would be cool though is if they somehow balanced it, made us fight eachother, and I could get CP for actually pvping instead of doing 1 sided events.

I'd rather see events no logner rewarding Conq, and instead you get 50 conq (debatable amount) each time your faction wins a flag, and the current for when the enemy boss dies.
    RETH

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Lets make a sweet pvp zone for WoD guys! Here's all my ideas for the types of mobs and bosses that should be in the zone..."

GG Blizzard, GG.

10+ Year Old Account
    In all honesty, blizzard should just either A) uncouple all the Ashrans, and then redo it with balance and que times carefully, in mind, or B) just instance it, and have seperate servers load up as you gain more people (I.E you can have Ashran A, which is full at 150 Horde vs 150 Alliance. 30 more horde/alliance que in over 10 minutes, and Ashran B is created, with both horde and alliance added to it. Horde/Alliance are then added at a 5-at-a-time period (I.E if you have 7 horde, and 15 alliance qued, 5 horde and 5 alliance enter the battle), with a priority on faction balance, and preference givin to filling up previous ashrans (I.E if Ashran A lost 5 alliance, and Ashran B lost 5 alliance, and 5 alliance que up, they will be sent to Ashran A).

Anyway, its basically WG all over again, without the 1000% damage/health boost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Ashran is hilarious - it's an absolute fucking catastrophe, I actually sit there watching shit going on laughing at my computer.

For starters the NPCs are just ridiculous. How many NPCs are there that can pretty much one-shot people? Practically every elite in there (which is most of the NPCs) hits for 100k+ and there are SHITTONS of NPCs. What the hell is going on?

Seriously, if you're in a group attacking one of the NPCs you can end up just dropping dead instantly purely from 100k per hit AoE and have no idea what happened until after you dig into your combat log - what the actual fuck? Absolute terrible mess! It feels like I'm walking in a minefield at all times where I can just drop dead instantly.

Every time I've been there melee is non-existent really not because of the typical ranged stand-off you get in such situations but because OP NPCs ARE the melee. People just let the NPCs run forward, absorb all the damage with their millions of HP and ranged nuke from afar.

In fact, numerous times I've watched (and so have others) OP NPCs just hacking at each other while healers just heal those NPCs. You're not really engaging in it so much as watching the game being played. Honestly, Ashran is so bad it's funny, it reminds me of the silly shit you could do on private servers where you'd do Ragnaros vs. Nefarian or something, it's honestly not like anything I'd expect to see on a real Blizzard server.
    Last edited by Aqueous; 2015-01-22 at 07:57 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just about the most valuable thing that can be done as melee in Trashran is for DKs gripping people out of the scrum so that they can be instagibbed by the rest of the melee on the DKs team. Saves the non-DK melee from having to wade into the CC/AoE shitstorm that invariably exists around the feet of the opposing teams boss. And lets face it, that boss is pretty much always there shitting everything up for people who just want to pvp.

Deleted
    As far as I know on my server Ashran is Alliance : Do the main battle and Horde : Do events. Great design

Just did a /who Ashran. Zero people from my server. Zero. I've been queued for an hour.

edit - 2 hours now. Still not a single person from my server in Ashran.
    Last edited by Pratt; 2015-01-23 at 04:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get a queue in Ashran, not sure what everybody's talking about? My server's pretty Alliance dominated.