Deleted

Prot and Multistrike

This has been bothering me since the start of WoD and I tried to think about it in diffrent ways, calculated it several times and simmed it, but it just does not change at all:
    Multistrike is such a bad stat for tanking, you might as well have no stat instead of it

I keep thinking about what Blizzard said about removing reforging (We will make the stats closer in value so you don't have to reforge!) and removing all defensive stats (We will add defensive value to all offensive stats!) but it just does not work for multistrike and prot.
    And then to top it off, you get thrown alot of it in your face, even on our set!
    To get 4pc T17 you have to wear at least one of them, since 2 parts of the set have it.

I was hoping they would do something against it with 6.1 but so far nothing. Makes me really sad.

Simmed my toon yesterday and multistrike was worth 0,02 for damage taken, versatility was worth almost 100x with 1,99 and versatility already is our 3rd stat, Crit and Mastery being both better (though at least somewhat close with 2,3 and 2,1).
    The only saving grace might be, it's strong for dps, but crit is better while being a really strong defensive stat

Note: Haste is in a similar boat, but not quite so massive in "badness".

Multistrike doesn't reduce damage taken. Thats why it sims out to near zero. It heals you instead. Scroll down in your simcraft stat weights for healing done, as well as theck-meloree index (TMI, or spikyness of damage received). thats where it shows up. it's not worthless. it just has a progressively less worth the harder you are hit (resolve caps out quickly)

Deleted
    But resolve does not affect it at all, looking at my logs from our mythic butcher kill, the max tick was 4,2k, which is about 1% of my health.
    And of course it does not reduce damage directly, but indirectly it does, if it heals you between hits it reduce the damage a bit, requiring less heal from healers.
    Looking at TMI it is still worse then the other stats (except haste).
    Even if you calculate a best case scenario it is worth far less then the other 3 "good" stats, add in the unreliability and it is even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinaa View Post
    But resolve does not affect it at all, looking at my logs from our mythic butcher kill, the max tick was 4,2k, which is about 1% of my health.
    And of course it does not reduce damage directly, but indirectly it does, if it heals you between hits it reduce the damage a bit, requiring less heal from healers.
    Looking at TMI it is still worse then the other stats (except haste).
    Even if you calculate a best case scenario it is worth far less then the other 3 "good" stats, add in the unreliability and it is even worse.
    it's possible that since it is one of our better dps stats that it's exactly where they want it to be.

Hmm, you're right, blood craze isnt affected by resolve. seems like a bug to me (probably because its % based and not AP based), though i know victory rush isnt affected by resolve and its % based too. perhaps pleading with blizz saying it seems like a bug that blood craze isnt affected by resolve, it seems like a very lackluster / undesireable stat. if resolve affected it, it would become quite desirable I think.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, fun fact. If you use a 1.8 speed dagger instead of the usual 2.6 speed strength 1h, that pushes multistrike's weight for healing done per second higher than mastery's stat weight for damage taken per second (using t17 mythic TMI raid boss in simcraft), effectively making it crit > multi > mastery > vers > haste

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    Hmm, you're right, blood craze isnt affected by resolve. seems like a bug to me (probably because its % based and not AP based), though i know victory rush isnt affected by resolve and its % based too
    None of the percent based heals are affected. Which makes sense for resolve's design intent - to bring flat value mitigation (barrier) in line with percent based mitigation (block).

Deleted
    But Blood Craze is somewhat of a flat value mitigation in a sense, the heal is always the same, no matter what damage you take, only max health will increase it and that does not change in a fight (outside Last Stand).
    Maybe it was designed with Resolve in mind (in Beta it did affect all heal at some point) and then they forgot about it after the change?
    I wouldn't be suprised...