Mythic Imp - Question

Were starting this fight tonight and I have a question.
    Are the volatile anomaly's explosions affected by dominance aura? If we kill the adds near a mage, will they blow up for 2x their normal amount?

I'll probably have more questions after tonight. Thanks for your help. Feel free to leave anything you feel is important.

I don't believe so, but unless your kiting them past a mage you don't want them there. Even a few seconds tanking them near a mage will result in a dead tank. That aura is basically GG for any tanking nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted51 View Post
    I don't believe so, but unless your kiting them past a mage you don't want them there. Even a few seconds tanking them near a mage will result in a dead tank. That aura is basically GG for any tanking nearby.
    We plan on tanking the adds near the mage. The aoe damage on the adds will result in them dieing much faster which could lead to the tanks taking less damage overall.

7:56 @ youtube (dot) com/watch?v=7iYQBRvMFbw
    this guild pulls the mage to center to aoe adds.

LOL nvm you linked it already

lol, saw your vid :P. My guild is seriously questioning pulling the mage to the center with the adds, but i see huge benefits

You can also cycle personals/stuns on them just like with the Remnants, and there's so little going on in P2 except the people doing Arcane Wrath that there's no reason to not use them.

The major benefit was there wasn't a ton of adds up when we killed them all (even with CDs we were finding that too many adds and we would still die, maybe we didn't use enough, rip no RC) and the tank who is tanking the adds can help with dps on the warmage / keeps most of the melee close to the group for aoe healing.

Quote Originally Posted by CausalXXLinkXx View Post
    The major benefit was there wasn't a ton of adds up when we killed them all (even with CDs we were finding that too many adds and we would still die, maybe we didn't use enough, rip no RC) and the tank who is tanking the adds can help with dps on the warmage / keeps most of the melee close to the group for aoe healing.
    We personally kill the first 3 adds that spawn asap (boomkin dots em all), and then simply kite the adds while we kill the 2 mages. We grip 1 mage toward middle to kill first, so that tanks have room with the reaver (and can put themselves against a wall for kick), and the other mage dies 2nd. After mage 1 dies we move reaver to the middle and stack up as the 2nd mage dies. We then aoe grip and blow up the remaining adds using: bubble, spirit link, devo, rallying, and amp magic, although we did use AMZ as well for our first kill. For the 2nd intermission we also blow HTT to help catch up the raid, moving our rotation forward 1 spot (should have a 4 cd rotation, not using the defensive) (you get a lot more time with intermission 1). After killing the first 3 adds, it makes surviving very very easy, only thing to be careful of is as the first 3 adds die healers need to be using fast heals to recover anyone fixated (if a cast or 2 goes off w/ adds they easily die). You can get away with not killing any before cds, but its a tad riskier (bad grip etc).

But our strat does rely on being able to kite the adds (brewmasters ftw), and if your killing off the little adds fast enough I guess the aura wouldn't be too damning.

I have no worries about my capabilities to kite the adds (Garrosh 2.0 apparently). I guess this is going to be a personal preference thing, but I'd prefer not to blow up 9-12 adds at once with all the raid CDS. Similar to Casual said in his video, he had the casters that benefit from cleave kill the adds without a loss to single target (the boss), my best guess is this is boomkins/locks. Rogues/WW monks would lose their single target dps if they cleaved the adds.

I appreciate your insight Twisted and if our healers can't handle the adds blowing up 3 at a time throughout the phase, we'll likely try out the kiting strat. My guess is that we're a bit overgeared for this and we'll be able to heal through the damage e-z-p-z

you don't need to kill the adds 3 at a time. we mark one to kill while aoeing generally so they die at a steady rate.
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer