Poll: When will Blackhand die?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    You know everyone is allowed to test it on PTR, right?
    Yep.. I do..

I still don't think its right for guilds to test raid content, carry it over to live and make bold claims of being first... Does anyone not understand the difference between fair and unfair? Anyone? Jesus Christ...

Make raid testing in-house for blizzard only. They have over 500 employees working on WoW for shit sake. THAN claims of world first an what not would be legit. Right now, it isn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    Make raid testing in-house for blizzard only. They have over 500 employees working on WoW for shit sake.
    They aren't competent enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aht View Post
    I think he will be the hardest boss that ever lived in WoW !
    found ya ..

and no.. he will most likley not be the hardest guy in WoW ^^ think this will come to Grommash, and we all hope its not a seccond Garrosh.

Definitely thinking before 2nd reset. With split runs funneling 4P into key players and the historical data I think he will take less than 2 full weeks to die.
    Yep.. I do..

I still don't think its right for guilds to test raid content, carry it over to live and make bold claims of being first... Does anyone not understand the difference between fair and unfair? Anyone? Jesus Christ...

Make raid testing in-house for blizzard only. They have over 500 employees working on WoW for shit sake. THAN claims of world first an what not would be legit. Right now, it isn't.
    You realize everyone has access to the PTR, right? It is public for a reason. And Beta? Way more than just top guilds have access to that. To undermine their achievements because "they got to test" is a joke. Way more goes into getting these kills than just having the ability to test it ahead of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Yeah, that's always a problem when you release one raid after another. Basically, guild will be attempting Blackhand with ilvl higher than full hc from that instance. One thing that might be problematic is the amount of bosses, assuming the first half wont be as easy as in SoO.
    tbh gruul is the same strat as of tbc, as i see in journal, not really big deal here, especially if u raided on tbc

Quote Originally Posted by zvvl View Post
    Definitely thinking before 2nd reset. With split runs funneling 4P into key players and the historical data I think he will take less than 2 full weeks to die.
    You realize everyone has access to the PTR, right? It is public for a reason. And Beta? Way more than just top guilds have access to that. To undermine their achievements because "they got to test" is a joke. Way more goes into getting these kills than just having the ability to test it ahead of time.
    As I said above, yes I understand that the PTR is open to everyone hence the PUBLIC word being in it. I wasn't born yesterday.

How is it a joke? It's common sense. They have more "time" with it hence they have a step ahead of a lot of guilds. How is that fair? Especially for guilds who sit there and claim firsts. THAT is what Im getting at. I do not think its fair for guilds who test the shit on the PTR, carry to live, take their experiences and what they learned from testing it BEFORE its actually live and claim first. That shit is flatout ri-fucking-diculous and not fair in the slightest. You have any idea what competition is buddy? Any idea? Because if you honestly think its a joke what Im saying then you clearly have zero experience and knowledge of what a real legit competition is. Guilds who test shit before it launches live, clearly have a step ahead. If you think otherwise, then you my friend are a complete fucking tool and need to pull your head out of your ass.

That's like saying a baseball team who tampers with the baseballs before the game starts then they use those tampered baseballs to their advantage to beat the opposing team. Is that fair? Fuck no. That's essentially whats going on here.

What the fuck is wrong with people nowadays? Does anyone not have a sense of right and wrong?
    Last edited by Extremities; 2015-01-30 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayuki View Post
    Considering that the top guilds are already near ilvl 680 which vastly outgears what mythic Blackhand is tuned for, I'd say that it would be a miracle if it took longer than a week.

I vote for 2 days. It needs to be a very skill and knowledge-based fight(instead of gear) for it to last any longer than this, and as we very well know, Blizzard isn't good at making fights like that.
    I agree with you, however i believe there will be a "bug" and for some strange reason, they just won't be able to kill him first reset.

As I said above, yes I understand that the PTR is open to everyone hence the PUBLIC word being in it. I wasn't born yesterday.

How is it a joke? It's common sense. They have more "time" with it hence they have a step ahead of a lot of guilds. How is that fair? Especially for guilds who sit there and claim firsts. THAT is what Im getting at. I do not think its fair for guilds who test the shit on the PTR, carry to live, take their experiences and what they learned from testing it BEFORE its actually live and claim first. That shit is flatout ri-fucking-diculous and not fair in the slightest. You have any idea what competition is buddy? Any idea? Because if you honestly think its a joke what Im saying then you clearly have zero experience and knowledge of what a real legit competition is. Guilds who test shit before it launches live, clearly have a step ahead. If you think otherwise, then you my friend are a complete fucking tool and need to pull your head out of your ass.

That's like saying a baseball team who tampers with the baseballs before the game starts then they use those tampered baseballs to their advantage to beat the opposing team. Is that fair? Fuck no. That's essentially whats going on here.

What the fuck is wrong with people nowadays? Does anyone not have a sense of right and wrong?
    Except that everyone is allowed to tamper with the ball. If you didn't, that's on you. It's world first when you're first. Nothing else matters.

As an aside, if you're not the type of guild that tests on the PTR, there is literally zero chance you would ever get a world first to begin with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Al'akir lasted 38 days from being available and two days from when Paragon killed Sinestra and had only him left.

Ragnaros was 11 days. Madness of Deathwing was 3 days.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ed-the-longest

You can confirm the dates on wowprogress.
    If you're going to "confirm" dates, confirm them with accurate context. Madness was 10 days and killed by a Korean guild, whilst most of the top guilds spent the first week banned due to scamming LFR loot. That's likely why it only shows as 3 days - since "0" is when most guilds in the race started on their mains.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/12/20/ko...madness-of-de/

Also the OP said Sha took 4 days - that tier was a 3-date release schedule and Sha was packed behind 3 bosses. Are you shocked? This is packed behind 9. It will take longer. Think.

And to the guys arguing back and forth about PTR testing - wake up and realise the only guilds that are ever bothered to test the Mythic bosses are the top guilds. It takes 3x the dedication to raid on the PTR when most guilds are still progressing on live, couldn't give a shit, "don't want to ruin the content" etc not to mention the awkward test times - and that applies even to top 100 guilds, definitely top 200 not just socials. Mythic PTR testing for the most part is only done by the guilds that are already at the top of the food chain. Derp.
    Last edited by mmoc3e9c6969db; 2015-01-30 at 11:02 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It will die in the first reset, the gear ilvl disparity between highmaul and BRF is minimal meaning if you are already full bis (read:full mythic not wf+sockets) then you already have the gear required.

Imperator took 3 days with gear funneling, blackhand will take a similar amount due to everyone (world first gulds) having a multitute of alts full mythic geared also so they can simply switch to the optimal setup and beat the encounter relatively easily.

Any guild that has even the remotest possibility at grabbing title of world first is testing on the PTR. Just to amuse your point, if you stopped say the top 10 guilds in the world (based on previous tier) to NOT test the encounters. I doubt many of them would slip out of top 10. When they test on the ptr, it's usually 1 testing per difficulty @ 1-2 hours each time. When you have a fight like Imperator where they wipe 100's of times, those tiny bits of testing don't even matter.

TL;DR: The top guilds would still wreck everybody if they didn't get to test on the PTR, and the encounters would be a lot shittier cause blizzard's in house testers aren't nearly as good as those guilds.
    Last edited by Criptos; 2015-01-31 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    This second half of the tier is a Sprint not a Race.
    I think you meant to say it's a sprint, not a marathon. Since both are races.

On topic, hopefully our server won't decide that we can't enter the instance for 2-3 days again >.>

The top guilds would still be first. All you would be doing is pushing the time back a bit. So maybe it is you cannot grasp the basic concepts of competition. You think sports teams don't prepare as much as possible before games? You think they don't review opponents strategies and run drills on how to approach the game based on these strategies?

They aren't tampering or cheating or anything. They are using a publicly available source of information to get a leg up on their competition. If the competition is not using this resource than they are gimping themselves for no reason and it's likely they wouldn't be an actual competitor at all.

That's not even close to a fair comparison. It would be more like some raid guild having an inside guy at blizzard to "adjust" some boss abilities for them.

I can understand why you feel like being able to test the raids on PTR lessens the competition, but honestly nothing would change. The same guilds would be up there. The order might change slightly, but I doubt it.

On topic - Guilds have had way to much time to prepare and farm gear. They will probably be running 10+ clears of heroic week 1 for tier pieces. Unless something is drastically overtuned to intentionally slow progress down everything will die the first week.

Deleted
    People do have a point. Unless Blackhand is insanely tuned, most top guilds will have the gear required after next week's heroic clears probably. Top guilds are already 684 average ilvl +. Other than tier sets (which they will get the 680 peices next week easily via gear funnel methods) there isn't that much higher they can go. After clearing the first 9 bosses on mythic, they will probably be pretty close to 690 average ilvl.

will be interesting to see

7+ Year Old Account
    The top end guilds spent *months* on beta and PTR learning this stuff. It won't take very long.

The 1 thing I've always disliked about Blizzard and the high end guilds is that A blizzard allows the high end guilds to test the raid content on the PTR first and B the high end guilds destroy the content once its released in a matter of days and make claims of firsts and what not.. blah blah blah. Of course theyre going to be first, they got to test the shit before anyone else did.

As for when he will be killed, Ill give it a couple days just like usual.
    Everyone has the same opportunity to test the raid content.

Plus, whoever kills the boss first, IS a world first. Only an imbecile would not understand this.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should just take wherever he's at and stack 60% damage on top of it so that he isn't beaten for months.

Suddenly, he becomes the best boss fight in WoW history!
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    They should just take wherever he's at and stack 60% damage on top of it so that he isn't beaten for months.

Suddenly, he becomes the best boss fight in WoW history!
    If he lives longer than 2 weeks people will be impressed. If he lives longer than 4-5 weeks people will just be mad he's overtuned. If Paragon and Method can't kill him in under a month your average guild will simply never kill him until he's 2-3 tiers old.

I did not consider that paragon and method have been killing mar'gok twice every week for weeks now and stacked up their sockets and WF before I voted before 2 resets. After considering that it might be doable in the first reset but it's still 10 bosses, that is a lot of progressing to be done but 7 bosses in highmaul only took 4 days though.. It is very possible to kill blackhand before first reset.