Deleted

Best current 2/3s comps?

I'm a pretty average player/PvPer (I sit around 1.4k in 2s with 1.6k exp and 1.2k in 3s which is my highest rating) and I'd like to find people i can consistently play with to improve and get some rating, but what classes/specs should I look for?

Go frost with another melee and you can train healers down up to like 15-1600 pretty easily in 2s. I also play with a holy pally in 2s as a frost dk, it works pretty well against double dps comps, but against other healer comps its iffy. if we win it usually goes til about 30+% dampening and gets really tight towards the end.

Not sure about 3s.

Just make sure you have a focus grip, focus or mouseover interrupt macro. If you use these things well it will get you about 100 more rating. I also use necrotic plague and plagueleech. So if you can get necrotic to spread to both targets, get a focus plagueleech target to get you the 2 deathrunes without wiping the disease from your kill target.

I find DPS/healer vs DPS/healer 2's matches to be one of the most miserable experiences this game has to offer.

For 2s, DK/DK
    For 3s, DK/DK/DK

Hope this helps!

Deleted
    Learn to play Unholy mate first of all, 2h Frost is pretty strong atm but it suffers from abysmal scaling, due to Obliterate not being affected by mastery and crits/multistrike being 50% less effective in pvp leaving you stacking haste which is only good if you have high uptime which is frosts worst weakness; mobility.

Unholy offers far more utility with ghoul stun and ranged damage that all scales with your mastery, meaning as the gear race progresses Unholy gets stronger and strongers, so eventually you are going to want to play it.

Comps wise for 3s, i would try find a good affliction lock and resto shammy/druid and have a bash at shadowcleave. Its not complex play style so easy to get into but extremely potent once you get good at it and loads of fun to play.

2s wise if you decide to play frost anyways is pretty decent with a hpala since you'll have a lot of uptime with freedoms, also taking chillblains for perma snare gives you silence>HoJ>Repentance for a potent cc chain for kills. Mistweaver monks are also pretty decent as they have a freedom and sick through put, so if you make it to deep dampening you'll probably win.

Unholy for 2s is not bad atm but suffers due to burst being the way to get kills against healers, its more of a pressure spec, so works well with a resto druid who can cc for days allowing for enough time to get SR up and score kills.

One thing i will say to is learn to use Dark Sim, as stealing major cds/cc's can win you a game flat out. Its one of the most potent DK abilities that for some reason a lot of ppl forget about, which makes me sad.

Hope this helped and good luck with your rating

Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    Learn to play Unholy mate first of all, 2h Frost is pretty strong atm but it suffers from abysmal scaling, due to Obliterate not being affected by mastery and crits/multistrike being 50% less effective in pvp leaving you stacking haste which is only good if you have high uptime which is frosts worst weakness; mobility.

Unholy offers far more utility with ghoul stun and ranged damage that all scales with your mastery, meaning as the gear race progresses Unholy gets stronger and strongers, so eventually you are going to want to play it.

Comps wise for 3s, i would try find a good affliction lock and resto shammy/druid and have a bash at shadowcleave. Its not complex play style so easy to get into but extremely potent once you get good at it and loads of fun to play.

2s wise if you decide to play frost anyways is pretty decent with a hpala since you'll have a lot of uptime with freedoms, also taking chillblains for perma snare gives you silence>HoJ>Repentance for a potent cc chain for kills. Mistweaver monks are also pretty decent as they have a freedom and sick through put, so if you make it to deep dampening you'll probably win.

Unholy for 2s is not bad atm but suffers due to burst being the way to get kills against healers, its more of a pressure spec, so works well with a resto druid who can cc for days allowing for enough time to get SR up and score kills.

One thing i will say to is learn to use Dark Sim, as stealing major cds/cc's can win you a game flat out. Its one of the most potent DK abilities that for some reason a lot of ppl forget about, which makes me sad.

Hope this helped and good luck with your rating
    Wrong. There is a reason the majorty of death knights are playing frost. Unholy scales just as bad in PvP the same as frost. Dots are weak, with front end damage on scourge strike. The ghoul is negible and the stun/mini interupt is nothing to think twice about. Unholy has 0 redeeming qualities about it PvP wise right now due to damage allocations, and multistrike being doo doo in PvP.

Unholy dots are nothing to write home about, neither is blood boil cleave since hotfix. That only leaves single target pressure which what do you know, frost outshines unholy there even in full PvP conquest gear.

Not to say you can't play unholy, but you play the spec because you like it, not because its prefered or stronger.

Please don't spread misinformation to new players/players seeking advice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Challenge View Post
    Wrong. There is a reason the majorty of death knights are playing frost. Unholy scales just as bad in PvP the same as frost. Dots are weak, with front end damage on scourge strike. The ghoul is negible and the stun/mini interupt is nothing to think twice about. Unholy has 0 redeeming qualities about it PvP wise right now due to damage allocations, and multistrike being doo doo in PvP.

Unholy dots are nothing to write home about, neither is blood boil cleave since hotfix. That only leaves single target pressure which what do you know, frost outshines unholy there even in full PvP conquest gear.

Not to say you can't play unholy, but you play the spec because you like it, not because its prefered or stronger.

Please don't spread misinformation to new players/players seeking advice.
    It's not wrong at all, yes frost is a stronger spec, i did not say it wasn't, but there are plenty of people playing unholy above 2.2k, its comp dependent. Maybe in the US meta unholy is weak (we know how you guys love your cleave comps) but across here in the EU (remember us??) its doing just fine!

I think you may want to rethink your stance on unholy, it scales with mastery and its set bonuses far far better than frost scales, hell dw will over take 2h eventually the way gear is going, unholy priorities mastery in pvp anyway with multistrike having reduced effect.

As to misinformation, stop being so arrogant, new players need to be educated about all the options available to them, and the OP stated hes new and inexperienced at PvP therefore most of what you said is irrelevant unless he magically shoots upto 2.4k just because you said play frost!! Nothing that i stated about Unholy is untrue, and i have not commented on Blood because i don't play it and would not feel like i have adequate experience to do so.

Instead of preaching from your soapbox, contribute something constructive and give the OP some of the advice he needs, no-one is going to value your opinion if all you do is snipe at other peoples posts and make yourself look like a weapons grade wanker, which is how you come across on the majority of posts i have read from you pal.

We'll see what your opinion is in a few seasons time..............
    Last edited by mmoc6c2e0bc3b9; 2015-01-23 at 12:29 PM.

You're absolutely right what was I thinking? Sorry, I'll just show myself out this thread now.

I'd love to play Unholy...I'm just not used to it...granted I;m not used to my DK at all atm...but I'm winning a decent amount of games with a MW monk who is only in blue pvp gear...so I'm excited to see where we go once we get some conquest...hell I dont even have full pvp gear yet...as I hit 100 like 24 hours ago!