Red face Wild Strike / Berserker Rage / How you stand as a FURY/ARMS Warr compared to others

So I have three questions here that I wanted to address, the first of which being Wild Strike (so obviously this can only be answered by fury warriors). I'm wondering how often you use this ability when Bloodsurge doesn't proc, and if you as a fury warrior bother using it when not enraged. Also, I'm wondering when the best time to use Berserker Rage is, when Bloodthirst doesn't proc enrage or one second before your enrage falls off. Lastly, how do you stand on the charts compared to the other DPS classes. I myself during my raid groups burst phase am number 1 for about 4 seconds, and then by the end of the fight I'm usually in the middle or one of the lowest (depending on my procs, and also because most of the stats in Highmaul suck for us).

P.S. : This is coming from a fury warrior that is 7/7 H Highmaul and is doing his first Mythic tomorrow night. I'm looking for answers for the first two questions to increase my knowledge as a warrior, and the third is just my own curiosity. Answers are greatly appreciated and thank you for spending the time to respond.

Hi there!

This answer coming from a similar progressed warrior like yourself,for the wild strike part i use it quite frequently even outside the proc cuz i always find myself with alot of rage to dump,mostly when im enraged since i have it up almost all the fight,i use berserker rage a second before enrage is done and if my bloodthirst didnt crit.As far as dps goes in my grp where we are geared similary around 670 only class that beats me is a hunter,whit others im pretty equal tho it prolly depends from player to player cheers!

for the wildstrike question, I use it above 80ish rage when enraged and only to not get raged capped when not enraged. So i get to around 80-90 rage via bloodthirst, then use my raging blow be at around 80 then use a wildstrike and repeat, if I blood surge then I just use 3 wildstrikes before going back to bloodthirst. The start of the fight I'm usually a little more spammy with it since I'll have my crit porc giving me rage plus if we lust then I'll just go ham on it, taking into account priority of course.

Now I'm not sure if this is correct but I tend to use berserker rage as soon as my bloodthirst didn't crit, my thoughts are that if I didn't crit I wont have much rage to make use of the remaining enrage anyway and don't want to set myself down to zero rage by using a wildstrike at 40ish rage, so I use berserker rage to gain the ragingblow stack to at least do some damage and hope for a bloodthirst crit in 4-5 seconds as it comes back up. Unless of course for some reason I'm sitting on a heap of rage, then I'd wait and use wildstrikes. Also I feel if I wait for the remainder of the enrage doing nothing I may as well not berserk and just wait on bloodthirst.

But the biggest thing that helped my dps was learning both Arms and Fury and switching between depending on the fight. I could never ever do very well using fury on Imp, it's such a long fight and increased my chances of making errors or getting bad rng, switched over to Arms just by using a 670 2hd with my other Fury gear and am able to keep really good stable dps. With fury there were times when I would smash out the dps and times where I would be last.

As you said the gear in highmaul isn't very good for fury, So I've recently switched completely to arms for all fights even after the arms nerf simply because I get to use every piece of gear I have @674 ilvl for arms. To go back to fury might mean I'd have to ditch some of my new stuff for the old.

I have the best gear out of our group as arms by 3-4 ilvls, our ret pally is usually very close to my single target but I can blow him away at tectus, bracken and twins.
    Last edited by Ryanite; 2015-01-23 at 05:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larryg121 View Post
    I'm wondering how often you use [WS] when Bloodsurge doesn't proc
    All the time (when I literally have nothing else to push).
    and if you (as a fury warrior) bother using it when not enraged.
    Yes.
    Lastly, how do you stand on the charts compared to the other DPS classes. I myself during my raid groups burst phase am number 1 for about 4 seconds, and then by the end of the fight I'm usually in the middle or one of the lowest (depending on my procs, and also because most of the stats in Highmaul suck for us).
    Similar kind of experience; popping Reck+Avatar and bursting puts me well out in front, but sustained damage and overall DPS (including trash) puts me about average.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1