Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cool Alchemy is looking much better in 6.1

I was just about to dump Alchemy on my main for Enchanting, since catalysts weren't worth much, but the Enchanting crystals are quite valuable. Now I can use those 800+ catalysts that are sitting in my bank to transmute Savage Blood... though it is annoying that the new Alchemy stones will count against the three-item craft limit. Looks like it will be worth it to rebuild my alchemy shacks, too.

Alchemy
    •Stone of Fire (New) Alchemy. 2 sec cast. Reagents: Alchemical Catalyst (200), Savage Blood (30), Stone of the Waters, Sorcerous Fire (40).
    •Stone of the Earth (New) Alchemy. 2 sec cast. Reagents: Alchemical Catalyst (150), Savage Blood (15), Stone of Wind, Sorcerous Earth (20).
    •Stone of the Waters (New) Alchemy. 2 sec cast. Reagents: Alchemical Catalyst (200), Savage Blood (15), Stone of the Earth, Sorcerous Water (40).
    •Stone of Wind (New) Alchemy. 2 sec cast. Reagents: Alchemical Catalyst (100), Sorcerous Air (5).

•Transmute: Savage Blood (New) Alchemy. 2 sec cast. 1 sec cooldown. Reagents: Alchemical Catalyst (50), Crescent Oil (7). Tools: Philosopher's Stone.

•Transmute: Sorcerous Air to Earth (New) Transmutes Sorcerous Air to Sorcerous Earth. Alchemy. 1.5 sec cast. Reagents: Sorcerous Air (10), Alchemical Catalyst (4). Tools: Philosopher's Stone.
    •Transmute: Sorcerous Air to Fire (New) Transmutes Sorcerous Air to Sorcerous Fire. Alchemy. 1.5 sec cast. Reagents: Sorcerous Air (10), Alchemical Catalyst (4). Tools: Philosopher's Stone.
    •Transmute: Sorcerous Air to Water (New) Transmutes Sorcerous Air to Sorcerous Water. Alchemy. 1.5 sec cast. Reagents: Sorcerous Air (10), Alchemical Catalyst (4). Tools: Philosopher's Stone.
    •Transmute: Sorcerous Earth to Air (New) Transmutes Sorcerous Earth to Sorcerous Air. Alchemy. 1.5 sec cast. Reagents: Sorcerous Earth (10), Alchemical Catalyst (4). Tools: Philosopher's Stone.
    •Transmute: Sorcerous Earth to Fire (New) Transmutes Sorcerous Earth to Sorcerous Fire. Alchemy. 1.5 sec cast. Reagents: Sorcerous Earth (10), Alchemical Catalyst (4). Tools: Philosopher's Stone.
    •Transmute: Sorcerous Earth to Water (New) Transmutes Sorcerous Earth to Sorcerous Water. Alchemy. 1.5 sec cast. Reagents: Sorcerous Earth (10), Alchemical Catalyst (4). Tools: Philosopher's Stone.
    •Transmute: Sorcerous Fire to Air (New) Transmutes Sorcerous Fire to Sorcerous Air. Alchemy. 1.5 sec cast. Reagents: Sorcerous Fire (10), Alchemical Catalyst (4). Tools: Philosopher's Stone.
    •Transmute: Sorcerous Fire to Earth (New) Transmutes Sorcerous Fire to Sorcerous Earth. Alchemy. 1.5 sec cast. Reagents: Sorcerous Fire (10), Alchemical Catalyst (4). Tools: Philosopher's Stone.
    •Transmute: Sorcerous Fire to Water (New) Transmutes Sorcerous Fire to Sorcerous Water. Alchemy. 1.5 sec cast. Reagents: Sorcerous Fire (10), Alchemical Catalyst (4). Tools: Philosopher's Stone.
    •Transmute: Sorcerous Water to Air (New) Transmutes Sorcerous Water to Sorcerous Air. Alchemy. 1.5 sec cast. Reagents: Sorcerous Water (10), Alchemical Catalyst (4). Tools: Philosopher's Stone.
    •Transmute: Sorcerous Water to Earth (New) Transmutes Sorcerous Water to Sorcerous Earth. Alchemy. 1.5 sec cast. Reagents: Sorcerous Water (10), Alchemical Catalyst (4). Tools: Philosopher's Stone.
    •Transmute: Sorcerous Water to Fire (New) Transmutes Sorcerous Water to Sorcerous Fire. Alchemy. 1.5 sec cast. Reagents: Sorcerous Water (10), Alchemical Catalyst (4). Tools: Philosopher's Stone.

As my guild's main Alchemist, I squeed in joy when I saw those patch notes.

Wonder if they'll bring back alchemy specs with this...

10+ Year Old Account
    that alchemy trinket looks fairly promising.
    Hi

So with these changes, are any of you stocking up in advance on Alchemical Catalysts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle28 View Post
    This would be ideal but I wonder if it wouldn't tip the balance too much in the favor of having Alchemy over other professions?

For instance extra (even if it was only 1~2) sorcerous element generation could be very OP depending on if the transmutes have a CD (via Transmute mastery). Whereas, Potion/Elixir mastery would affect the current potion/flask market (not that there's much of one anyway).
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thagoris View Post
    So with these changes, are any of you stocking up in advance on Alchemical Catalysts?
    prices already skyrocketed within 1 hour after they annunced the Savage Blood Transmute. On my server 50 catalyst surpassed the minimum Savage Blood price (and probably on every other server), GL making profit out of catalyst stockpill
    I stockpilled them right after the news and sold them for 5x the day after

Deleted
    Oh lovely, thanks for the info.
    Finally I have a reason to do daily CD lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chancelot View Post
    though it is annoying that the new Alchemy stones will count against the three-item craft limit.
    So getting an alchemist-bound trinket, that seems vastly superior to the inscription ones, at a fraction of the cost is not enough?

Glad I did the daily cooldown everyday on my main.

Hoping they remove the alchemy only requirement for the 680 trinket, looks amazing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    As my guild's main Alchemist, I squeed in joy when I saw those patch notes.
    Why?.......
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Why?.......
    plot twist: he gquitted with 5M gold worth of catalysts

Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    prices already skyrocketed within 1 hour after they annunced the Savage Blood Transmute. On my server 50 catalyst surpassed the minimum Savage Blood price (and probably on every other server), GL making profit out of catalyst stockpill
    I stockpilled them right after the news and sold them for 5x the day after
    Protip: sell catalysts now, because blood prices will crash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Sold ~900 catalysts @ 59g a pop about 12 hours after the announcement. They're 5g a pop now.

People are dumb and predictable. Everybody thinks they're smart. Everybody thinks they're going to stockpile some item(s) and make themselves rich when the patch hits. Inevitably, the prices are highest as soon as the change is announced and all of these "geniuses" rush to the AH to buy stuff to stockpile.

The excitement of spending 200k gold to craft a BoP trinket that's worse than BRF trinkets seems to have diminished a bit.
    Last edited by iriecolorado; 2015-01-22 at 09:32 PM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    blood price will slowly decrese, then raise by 15-25% on patch week (stage 4 craftables) and slowly decrease again

catalyst will no doubt crash after 1 week of patch

Here's a better visual of the notes.

http://www.elvinelol.com/blog/2015/0...ssion-updates/

Also, it's worth noting that the Savage Blood Transmute has a daily cool down.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelle28 View Post
    Doubt it, though it would be nice.
    Last edited by Elvine; 2015-01-22 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iriecolorado View Post
    Sold ~900 catalysts @ 59g a pop about 12 hours after the announcement. They're 5g a pop now.

People are dumb and predictable. Everybody thinks they're smart.
    lol 59g those are not AH millionaires, those are poor idiots 59g a catalyst, 2950g a savage blood? people think they'll rocket to 5k or something? i'd pay 1k gold to see their face and laugh.

The excitement of spending 200k gold to craft a BoP trinket that's worse than BRF trinkets seems to have diminished a bit.
    Last edited by kkmccaneuu; 2015-01-23 at 08:06 AM.

Deleted
    Will the transmute recipes have any cooldown on them? I mean sorcerous mat transmutes. I'm pretty hardcore enchanter consuming a lot of these mats and this recipe would allow me to be much more flexible and greatly reduce the cost of my materials by stockpiling cheapest ones. So the question stands: does transmute sorcerous is "unlimited" or does it have a CD?

Because I could stockpile sorc water which is like 4g each atm now and transmute it for others that are worth 20-70g each. Sorc earth was 70g each on AH yesterday and there was barely anything posted in there. I did sold 125k (!) worth of enchants in two hours though. Shit was so cash.

0.4 catalyst per one sorc is pretty low price to pay. So I smell a cooldown. Hopefully not though. Mastery cannot work without any cooldown however, as this would allow infinite looping. These elemental transmutes always had a cooldown due to mastery. But now we do not have mastery, it's always 1:1. No extras created.

Savage blood is crap anyway. It's 750 gold a pop now which barely makes it worth 50 catalysts (current market value on Silvermoon: about 11 gold per catalyst). Price will most likely drop past 6.1 due to rush orders being there (many ppl sitting on GR cap for quite a while) and this transmute, considering that people have large catalyst stockpiles to burn.

I got about 2k cheap catalysts (from own CD and on AH for <5g each) but I plan to use that on Sorcerous. Much greater profit there.

I also assume that the alch trinket is BOP because the materials are not BOP. It's the other way around compared to all other epic gear crafting professions. Otherwise market would get flooded with 640 alch trinkets worth 250 gold each. Would also threaten temporal crystal value.
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2015-01-23 at 08:45 AM.