Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    i wll never abandon my mage. NEVER we are in much better spot than we were on MoP so i am OK

Quote Originally Posted by nLord View Post
    O'rly? 1 cast per 20 sec? Remember Kargath M where we should move once per 5 or even 3 sec from AoE zones not to be suddenly killed by random boss charge after it. Not to mention boss/cat kiting.

Good for you, 2 mages in a raid. Our raid (and some friends' raids) contains only 1 mage from the moment RL realized mages are not performing well enough in such conditions. So we have 4 hunters, 2 shadowpriests, 2 warlocks and 2 moonkins now. Imo, it's absurd...
    I'm not sure if we are playing same game or not. Mages have good survivability they can handle branded without any problems they can dodge all force novas without taking any damage. They are also really good soaking those shadows at cho'gall.
    Plus because you told that mages aren't good on boss like kargath just look at logs there is 3 arcane mages topping pure boss damage.

Deleted
    PVE is great. PVP sucks ass.

I have a hunter alt for pvp and I wouldn't be caught dead on my mage outside of a city.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    And less fun that it has ever been in PvP.

Pvp as a mage:

Double Ice Nova Every minute with your partners burst
    Spam Poly
    Tickle people with frostbolts.

Just because something is good doesn't mean it is properly designed.
    Welcome to being a CC bot, a role affliction warlock has been stuck in for PvP ever since Cata. Fear, dispel protection, tickling with dots, and absolutely sucking in stand alone PvP. Apparently all casters are getting pushed into a support role for WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Janir View Post
    I'm not sure if we are playing same game or not. Mages have good survivability they can handle branded without any problems they can dodge all force novas without taking any damage. They are also really good soaking those shadows at cho'gall.
    Plus because you told that mages aren't good on boss like kargath just look at logs there is 3 arcane mages topping pure boss damage.
    Yep, mages can handle some rare damage mechanics, but in case of sustained raid damage - they can do nothing, barrier is a joke, flameglow is not even a joke.
    Top parses are made by top guilds which can just stand in that fire on Kargath and heal all the damage. Idk maybe our healers are bad but we can't afford that. And you should not watch on boss damage, because all damage which helps killing a boss is important, and that is overall damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do agree that some general aspects of mage need to be reworked like PC, and they should just remove RoP its boring as hell. But balance was mages are doing pretty great, so I kinda expect blizz to work on balancing other classes first. I'd like to see some kind of mage revamp tho like we've seen in the future. Nearly every class has some kind of secundairy resource and mages dont (except for arcane). That's what I'd like to see anyway.

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

I think mages are in a fantastic spot in raiding environments, I do top dps almost every boss with some exceptions and I run Ice Floes, Ice Nova and PC for all encounters. In the beginning of the expansion I still fumbled my openers and never saved frozen orb for PC, but its getting way better now that I figured it out.

Quote Originally Posted by nLord View Post
    Yep, mages can handle some rare damage mechanics, but in case of sustained raid damage - they can do nothing, barrier is a joke, flameglow is not even a joke.
    Top parses are made by top guilds which can just stand in that fire on Kargath and heal all the damage. Idk maybe our healers are bad but we can't afford that. And you should not watch on boss damage, because all damage which helps killing a boss is important, and that is overall damage.
    You can totally cheese the charge+cleave on Butcher, you can dispel 1/2 infesting spores on Brackenspore, you can ignore the fire on Twins or you can have a defensive cooldown for almost every big hits (pulverize mainly), you can help a lot you healer while soaking the shield on Ko'ragh and you can dispel the fire debuff if needed, you can deal with almost every arcane wrath on imperator (mythic). So you can do something to help or downright ignore mechanics on more than half the bosses of the first raid... Not bad if you ask me.

I switched from elem to mage and I absolutely love it. Each spec is diffrent with pros and cons and different rotation and it's really entertaining to learn every thing. Talents are good for the most part and add a little complexity. DPS is good in MOST situations provided that you pick the right spec (why wouldn't you anyway ?) but even if you don't, you'll be in the middle of the pack.