Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    Ive hated vaporizers since they came out, had no idea why. Hated them with a passion. One day working a temp factory job I walked through a cloud of smoke, and I finally knew why. I could taste the artificial sweeteners that im allergic to. Its like a sweet, metal taste, I dont know its weird, but I can taste it in anything. I googled it, turned out artificial sweeteners (which cause cancer btw trollolololol) were in every "juice" barring the most expensive organic brands.
    What has been even more disgusting is the reaction of the "mad cool vapez kids" when I ask them not to smoke them around me. "You cant be allergic its just water vapor youre stupid im so smart I vape lol y u so dumb".
    My general interactions with the "vaping" culture and community has literally made me a racist against anyone using one, automatically labeling them ignorant trailer trash. /shrug.
    Vaporizers have had an amazing marketing campaign behind them. That is the instant reaction to any mention that what they are exhaling can be harmful to others, aka, don't do it indoors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Splenda pretty much tastes exactly like sugar.
    Not according to every one of the customers who ask for real sugar at the restaurant that I work at. Usually when I offer Splenda they quickly say no and ask for the real thing, which happens fairly often.

Quote Originally Posted by Algathor View Post
    Vaporizers have had an amazing marketing campaign behind them. That is the instant reaction to any mention that what they are exhaling can be harmful to others, aka, don't do it indoors.
    But the anger... and im being serious here, i've never seen anything like it. I've debated religion, rape, death sentences, etc with people.... but the passion from people using these things is insane. It was just a off season job, and I literally had to find another one because 2 people tried to fight me, literally fight me at work about it. And yes, im a dick, but I wasnt a dick about this. I wouldnt bring it up right away, but id slide it into a existing conversation before engaging it directly. And the blind, raging support they have for this... its just unsettling. Even after calmly and politely telling them I dont mind if you smoke it around me, just dont blow it in my direction, and then nicely explaining why, just rage and ignorance.
    At first I thought it was a hipster thing, but now it seems the marketing is mostly directed at the lowest common denominator. Its like the WWEBigmacConfederateflag of the smoking world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    Not according to every one of the customers who ask for real sugar at the restaurant that I work at. Usually when I offer Splenda they quickly say no and ask for the real thing, which happens fairly often.
    Are you suggesting that humans are good at judging taste when they aren't blind to what's in it?

People suck at it. Judgment of Paris and all that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Let's not be disingenuous here. Splenda tastes like shit compared to sugar. As does HFCS, or any other sweetener beyond honey. Mexican coke > HFCS coke > diet coke.
    Being disingenuous would suggest I don't actually believe what I just said.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Are you suggesting that humans are good at judging taste when they aren't blind to what's in it?

People suck at it. Judgment of Paris and all that.
    I can't actually comment on the taste of Splenda vs. sugar as I have never had Splenda and I don't regularly eat or drink anything that requires me to add more sugar/sweetener to it. All I'm saying is that a lot of customers I deal with have told me that Splenda doesn't taste as good as real sugar does.