Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    We should have more gear choices, to cater for different specs and playstyles and not have everyone with identical gear.

There are two ways to outplay someone in PVP. Apart from the obvious skills, your talent choices and gear choices should matter. A good player will identify easily the weakness of a fotm talent build or poor gearing and play to his advantage.

The more choices, the more variety the more enjoyable the game is.

Usually people complaining about gear are just bads.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    Yep, and the would be fully decked out in conquest gear in 18 short weeks.
    Not too bad. You could go weeks at a time mythic raiding, get 3 bosses down and not get a single bit of loot.

Having to take part in all aspects of the game to be in the very best (top5%) isn't a bad thing.

You guys are putting on equal footing two types of players:

one that has mythic gear that require a good guild and close to 25 peoples and luck for drops

and

one that require two mates and juste get points every week.

The two players meet in world pvp, not instanced pvp:

Why would you want one to have gear that is superior to the other. What makes you even start comparing the effort required for one or the other and even attempt to say this player or that one deserves scaling of his gear?

Both players should have their best gear be scaled to something that is EQUAL. This is an mmo, not some kind of boxed gameplay.

players that kill major lore characters should have gear that matter everywhere there is pve.
    players that achieve great things in pvp should have their gear matter everywhere there is pvp.
    In places where pve and pvp gear mixes, both type of gear should be equalised.

can i demand a pvp nerf in pve ? tired of seeing pillar hugging scrubs with their shitty pvp gear in my Dungeons

Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post
    can i demand a pvp nerf in pve ? tired of seeing pillar hugging scrubs with their shitty pvp gear in my Dungeons
    Dungeon drops are 630, aren't they? PVP gear is 620. I'd rather do a dungeon with a 'pillar hugging scrub' in full 620 gear than a newly dinged 100, any day of the week.

Deleted
    I think the minority of people that are going to have full mythic gear and still want to pvp would probably opt for the 5 ilvl less and get the pvp bonus, pve bonuses disabled in arena so really it's not that much better. Mythic takes a LOT more effort than farming 2v2 for weeks at a time at 1100 rating with some PuG from trade chat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebbars View Post
    I think the minority of people that are going to have full mythic gear and still want to pvp would probably opt for the 5 ilvl less and get the pvp bonus, pve bonuses disabled in arena so really it's not that much better. Mythic takes a LOT more effort than farming 2v2 for weeks at a time at 1100 rating with some PuG from trade chat.
    So thats pvp to you? pugging 2v2 at 1100 rating? If you check the high rated 3v3 ladder(lets say 2400+) a lot of people are wearing pve gear, even if its not mythic, there are crazy op trinkets that are available for some specific classes/specs that have better defenses than others, there are also crazy good offpieces that have better stats than most of the pvp gear(like main stats) so no pve gear should never be better than pvp gear when doing pvp, and im talking real pvp not some dude ganking you in the open world.

Deleted
    As long as they buff the trinkets to an adequate level this is a fair change for both PvPers and PvErs, it won't make mythic PvE gear 'useless' in PvP but it won't be the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alori View Post
    As long as they buff the trinkets to an adequate level this is a fair change for both PvPers and PvErs, it won't make mythic PvE gear 'useless' in PvP but it won't be the best.
    Exactly as it should be. Conquest gear should always be better than PvE gear in PvP.

Besides that idc what they do with gear. Idc if they'd nerf conquest ilvl from 660 to 620 as to make it so PvE players aren't forced into PvP. As long as my PvP gear is the best gear I can get in PvP fights I'm happy.

Well imo this is a good change if you want to pvp go get pvp gear , if you want to pve get pve gear , i dont get the whines and QQs at all, why wear 1 set of items and dominate all aspects of a game , if you think that wow is a pve based game only then i dont get why you should bother with this change , you are a pver stick to hitting mobs .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alexvladv View Post
    So thats pvp to you? pugging 2v2 at 1100 rating? If you check the high rated 3v3 ladder(lets say 2400+) a lot of people are wearing pve gear, even if its not mythic, there are crazy op trinkets that are available for some specific classes/specs that have better defenses than others, there are also crazy good offpieces that have better stats than most of the pvp gear(like main stats) so no pve gear should never be better than pvp gear when doing pvp, and im talking real pvp not some dude ganking you in the open world.

More or less yeah, seeing as anything above 2.2k rating is dominated by the same classes. Don't want to have to reroll every season to be considered 'competitive'.

Again, pve game is pve. Keep PvP gear out of PvE, keep PvE gear out of PvE. Easy.

Also if you're talking about scabbard for ret pala etc. that is from the AH, not really that hard to get go buy one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toobad View Post
    Posts like these make me smile.

You know, PvP gear (conquest) is 660 in PvE and 690 in PvP.

What do you propose? To make the gear 660, bump to 690 when attacking a player and drop to 600 when attacking an NPC?

Maybe think before you start spilling shit out of your mouths
    Exactly that. PvP gear should not be used in PvE and PvE should not be used in PvP. Make it scale to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    Exactly that. PvP gear should not be used in PvE and PvE should not be used in PvP. Make it scale to the ground.
    Best pve gear scales to 680 in pvp, 10 lvls below best gear available.
    Best pvp gear is 660 in pve. way more than 10 levels below best gear available.
    I think its fine this way. Not sure why people have a problem with a pvper having gear that's between normal and heroic ivls.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I think its fine this way. Not sure why people have a problem with a pvper having gear that's between normal and heroic ivls.
    The same reason PvPers have a problem of PvErs being able to use their gear in PvP.

Really, the ilvl cap was already there for PvE items. The only real problem is that gems work in arenas (and perhaps itemization).
    Basically this change does nothing but nerf PvE items, some items will still better than PvP ones if they dont nerf the gem slots and if they do then pve gear becomes near useless (apart from itemization for some specs) whilst being way harder to get.

TLDR: Nerf sockets, leave the ilvl cap at 690

rip 690 ring in pvp the proc was nice

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    The same reason PvPers have a problem of PvErs being able to use their gear in PvP.

Really, the ilvl cap was already there for PvE items. The only real problem is that gems work in arenas (and perhaps itemization).
    Basically this change does nothing but nerf PvE items, some items will still better than PvP ones if they dont nerf the gem slots and if they do then pve gear becomes near useless (apart from itemization for some specs) whilst being way harder to get.

TLDR: Nerf sockets, leave the ilvl cap at 690
    Nerf gem slots, and keep the 680 cap. Otherwise some pve pieces will still be BiS due to itemization. This way pvp items are still the best and pve items in pvp will be about 90% as good. conq pieces are 660 in pve, not 695, so theres no reason for pve items to be 100% as good as conq gear in pvp. Not gonna argue about which one is harder to get because it dsnt matter. pvp gear is BiS in pvp, pve gear is BiS in pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Why is this a human buff?
    Primal Combatant/Primal Gladiator trinkets are having their power increased.
    upd. man..i thought there is only one page in this thread..

Who has a problem with this? PvE'ers being able to queue for the occasional BG and not be a total detriment to the team is a pretty big plus. The only thing that people don't want, from both sides, is to have to pvp for BiS pve gear or vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Nerf gem slots, and keep the 680 cap. Otherwise some pve pieces will still be BiS due to itemization. This way pvp items are still the best and pve items in pvp will be about 90% as good. conq pieces are 660 in pve, not 695, so theres no reason for pve items to be 100% as good as conq gear in pvp. Not gonna argue about which one is harder to get because it dsnt matter. pvp gear is BiS in pvp, pve gear is BiS in pve.
    Some PvP gear were bis for progression, so theres that too.

The fact that some slots have better itemization in pve than pvp is not a justification for nerfing pve gear out of proper use.

Some PvP gear were bis for progression, so theres that too.

The fact that some slots have better itemization in pve than pvp is not a justification for nerfing pve gear out of proper use.
    I do feel for you about the progression and it sucks that you/yourguild felt it necessary for you to pvp. Pve gear isnt being nerfed out of proper use. Its proper use is in pve right? You can still use it in pvp and it will be almost as good as conq gear. kinda like how conq gear is almost as good as heroic gear in pve.

I dont understand what im missing.