Deleted

Disc weapon enchant?

Just a quick question in regards to the weapon enchant, should I really be looking at getting the spirit proc as a Disc?

Is the regen gained worth it over say mastery.

Depends of the fight obviously. Personally I'd swap another piece of equipment instead of getting rid of the weapon enchant, because it can proc at a time you don't need it.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

I run the Mastery Enchantment myself. I have the crafted spirit trinket at 670 so spirit is rarely an issue for me. I may end up swapping to the Spirit Enchantment for our mythic progression if I feel i need more mana, but I honestly doubt it.

Deleted
    I'm running spirit neck/back/rings, 670 dmc trinket and candle, and haven't felt starved on spirit for any fight up so far (progressing butcher M atm) - This is with the mastery enchant on weapon.

Deleted
    So spirit is decent but not to the point where we need every ounce of it in as many slots as possible, I guess I will get the mastery for now as being in a casual non mythic guild its highly likely I may never need the regen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithil View Post
    I'm running spirit neck/back/rings, 670 dmc trinket and candle, and haven't felt starved on spirit for any fight up so far (progressing butcher M atm) - This is with the mastery enchant on weapon.
    How much Haste are you running currently? I use spirit neck/back/ring and Candle + Mythic Shards of Nothing and I go OOM for the last 10 seconds of M Butcher. Thinking about switching from mastery enchant to spirit enchant to fix this problem though, as its just barely not enough spirit with the Shards of Nothing trinket.

Deleted
    I'm not really a big fan of throughput procs as a healer since they problably won't proc when you actually need them the most :P
    Spirit on the other hand doesn't matter when they proc, as long as they do.

Use the spirit proc imo and drop som spirit from your gear instead if you want to. It's cheaper anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Heap View Post
    I'm not really a big fan of throughput procs as a healer since they problably won't proc when you actually need them the most :P
    Same. Drop spirit from other slots (rings, neck, trinkets) and get the spirit enchant imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Deleted
    I ended up just sticking the spirit enchant on because well it was the cheapest at just 2k, the enchant gives you roughly 2k - 3k mana or 1k per mp5 on top of what you normally have which isn't that bad I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Heap View Post
    Spirit on the other hand doesn't matter when they proc, as long as they do.
    Yea this is true but then the same could be said for extra mana if you don't have mana issues.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolNitro View Post
    Yea this is true but then the same could be said for extra mana if you don't have mana issues.
    You'll never be at a level of mana high enough that the regen caps you, so it's not true.
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    You'll never be at a level of mana high enough that the regen caps you, so it's not true.
    Sure but every % of mana that you still have when the fight is over is wasted and could be put into throughput stats. I´m running with 2 regen trinkets (candle+670 dmf), spirit neck+cloak and the mastery enchant+2 non spirit rings and i haven´t had any mana issues yet (although "just" progressing on mythic Tectus). It really depends on a lot of factors, how fast do you kill the boss? Mechanics executed properly? Solace uptime? etc. So i guess it´s safe to say that everyone should test it and decide for themselves if it´s worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    Sure but every % of mana that you still have when the fight is over is wasted and could be put into throughput stats. I´m running with 2 regen trinkets (candle+670 dmf), spirit neck+cloak and the mastery enchant+2 non spirit rings and i haven´t had any mana issues yet (although "just" progressing on mythic Tectus). It really depends on a lot of factors, how fast do you kill the boss? Mechanics executed properly? Solace uptime? etc. So i guess it´s safe to say that everyone should test it and decide for themselves if it´s worth it.
    True, but the proc will never be up when you need it most. If you run with the spirit enchant, you can swap out some of your spirit items for throughput items (ie trinkets). Throughput trinkets either have a passive bonus, or on use bonus, so it's never gonna go to waste.

True, but the proc will never be up when you need it most. If you run with the spirit enchant, you can swap out some of your spirit items for throughput items (ie trinkets). Throughput trinkets either have a passive bonus, or on use bonus, so it's never gonna go to waste.
    Healing is a lot more constant now than it was in mists. You have to be abnormally unlucky for procs to be wasted.

Deleted
    The way disc works with pws spam and all it´s next to impossible to waste it since the majority of your healing is proactive and if there isn´t any damage going around you preshield or cow the tanks anyway.
    At least from what i experienced so far in mythic there´s barely any breathing room if you want to maximize disc healing(absorb) so it´s almost never wasted.
    Maybe that´ll change though and i have to change it for mythic foundry progress but as of now mana is a non issue. (again, i haven´t tried mythic imperator yet where that might very well be different)

running the spirit enchant myself