Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
    Yeah I love this game. It wasn't without flaws but man... it totally came out of nowhere. The most coverage it got was AFTER the studio that made it closed.

Sacrifice was awesome. I even got it free with warcraft 3 preorder. Some of the best money I never spent!

Some of my all-time favourites are Nox and Populous: the Beginning. No idea how rated they were but I never see anyone mention those

Deleted
    Sacrifice, surprised multiple people have mentioned it already o.O still dig it out and play it to this day - 'you need more souls'

Also, anyone that quite like combo based moves hack and slash, gotta go try out severance: blade of darkness - such an awesome game, and the lighting :O absolutely incredible for it's time!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Legend of Dragoon and Legend of Mana series. Very good games but unfortunately very underrated.
    Fixed, and I agree!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Funny, I loved the first Majesty game, but didn't really care for the second one. Out of curiosity, what made you like the second over the first?
    I didn't like it at first either, but when I was craving a new RTS and gave it another go and actually played through the whole thing I really came to appreciate the aesthetics and the freedom I had to customize and personalize my armies.

Deleted
    Last remnant, good story, good graphic and fun combat. It had a kind of weird leveling system to min max but if you can get past that it's a great game.

Deleted
    Fallout Tactics - surprisingly good game, i can't understand why many people hate it so much
    UFO: Aftermath, UFO: Aftershock and UFO: Afterlight by ALTAR, especially Aftershock. - once again, the games are very good and interesting, while a bit boring in the beginning.
    Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising - EXCELLENT game, but once again, surprisingly many people did not even know about it.

Going to echo the sentiments towards Sacrifice. Amazing, unique game, and I haven't seen anything like it since.

P.S. Charnel's will be done.

Osu!, not a lot of people know about it.

Deleted
    Shining force 3 part 1 and its never english released part 2 and 3 - although you can get hold of translated version of it now through a certain website!

Fully recommend people play the whole set, its quite fantastic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Gothic 1, 2 and 3. My favourite RPG's to date.
    I wouldn't say they were underrated. They were highly praised by most, and rightfully so: They're awesome games.

@ topic: Probably Albion. It wasn't really well known, it didn't get all that much coverage. But it is still one of my favorite games to day, and the first game I spent a lot of time with. I played through it again some months ago, and it still hasn't lost its charme.

K. Hawk: Survival Instinct from 2002. At the time (2003) I found it to be a nice stealth game.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaath View Post
    Sacrifice was awesome. I even got it free with warcraft 3 preorder. Some of the best money I never spent!

Some of my all-time favourites are Nox and Populous: the Beginning. No idea how rated they were but I never see anyone mention those
    populous 3 is a legend, the populous series were just.. amazing. a unique view of rts game that i badly need now. i want populous 4 and i want it now!

The legend of korra. The game definately had some problems, but it was a good spectacle fighter.
    Destroy all humans 2. I remember playing it on my ps2, and absolutely loving it. The main character was so funny in that game
    Sly Cooper 3. It didn't really get as much recognition as sly cooper 2, but it was still a really good game.

10+ Year Old Account
    UNDERRATED:
    1. Original campaigns of Neverwinter Nights 1/2 were very good, no idea why there is so much hate towards them.
    2. Kingdoms of Amalur was a very solid RPG, I liked it way more than Skyrim released not far away in time.
    3. Evil Islands: Curse of the Lost Soul. I think this game had such a cold reception in the world because of the crappy acting in English translation - I tried it and it was godawfully bad. But the original Russian version, if you understand the language of course, is simply stunning, in terms of acting, story (that rare case when you do something much more interesting than just prepare for the final boss fight), stealth/action gameplay... I still replay it from time to time.

OVERRATED:
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Baldur's Gate 2, Quake (original), SWTOR.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Other than that specific example...I think plenty of PS2 era JRPGs are dramatically underrated, mostly because there were hundreds and hundreds. I will forever hold Valkyrie Profile 2 as my favourite RPG of all time, of any sub genre of RPG. Mythic and fantastic story set in Midgard amongst Odin, amongst Valkyries, amongst Ragnarok, with subterfuge and plot twists from an ambitious wizard, the lord of death, and several other interesting characters with their own connections to the Gods and to Midgard, both in the past and present.

The combat's pretty amazing to look at too, and for the PS2 era the graphics are amazing. A great and interesting gearing system that assigns a rune to each equipped item, with certain rune patterns offering different game changing buffs (not just 20% more damage, more like generate double the AP on criticals, take half damage under 50% HP etc) keeps leveling interesting. And the combat system itself is pretty unique. With a party of four characters, you can assign each them up to three of ~10 attacks to use, and each is controlled with a face button. The attacks you assign are key, because some sweep low, some juggle, others can snap weak points easily if you've positioned your party correctly, which leads to potential items in the Monster Hunter style...it's just so good. Tri-Ace is legendary with their RPG mechanics.

Fucking love Valkyrie Profile 2. So much. This shows the combat a bit, against the weirdest enemy. This is not a typical brightly colored, happy-fantasy RPG, most of it is very serious. PArt of why I love it and FF XII; It's that same style of fantasy, sort of.
    You just made me want to get this game now. I've never really heard or seen gameplay of this until now. I even looked up the first game and want to get that too. Only thing is is that I guess the first Valkyrie Profile game is one of those rare expensive games. Looks like another mission for me. Valkyrie Profile 2 shouldn't be too hard to get.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    OVERRATED:
    SWTOR.
    not sure i would call swtor overrated, since everywhere i go, 90% of the post, including here, hate on swtor like it's the antichrist incarnated.

overhyped perhaps, but i don't see it today as overrated, or even well rated at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Majesty 2. A very fun game that no one ever played.
    I liked Majesty quite a bit, but I didn't even know there was a sequel.

One that springs to mind immediately for me is Kagero:Deception 2.

SaGa Frontier on PS1. I loved it, but it seems that everyone else hated it when I mention it. It kind of had a "choose your own adventure" thing going on and wasn't linear at all, and I liked that. It had an amazing soundtrack and solid story too.

Also Legend of Dragoon. Funny enough, it kind of has a cult following now, but I remember reading a lot of negative reviews when it first came out. I imagine a lot of the negativity back in the day had something to do with how the game came out pretty close to when FF7 came out, and people were comparing it to that. I loved LoD though.

Shadow of Rome for PS2.