Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

What is the worst english language?

Just got done watching Son of a Gun starring Ewan McGregor and half the time I was scratching my head wondering what the hell they were saying.

I'm going with Australia accent as the worst abomination of the english language right now. Great movie by the way.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Scots

Deleted
    Accent, not language. The worst by far are the remote Scottish Island accents, so bad that they need subtitles even in the UK.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    Just got done watching Son of a Gun starring Ewan McGregor and half the time I was scratching my head wondering what the hell they were saying.

I'm going with Australia accent as the worst abomination of the english language right now. Great movie by the way.

As someone from the deep south, I would pick certain dialects from England/Scotland. I am told a lot from people who move down here the deep southern dialect is barely English.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post

Uneducated english slang specially from the southern states...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I assume you mean worst English accent?

You've never truly experienced an accent until you've heard two scousers with very strong accents arguing with each other, imo.
    I think I could imagine..relatives are from Newfoundland.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Do you guys not subtitle the fuck out of anyone who sounds even a little bit different?
    Thats the USA that does that, most of the UK can understand each other quite well, fuck we can even understand Rab C nesbitt without subtitles.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    Uneducated english slang specially from the southern states...
    Any male speaking English with a southern twang. They sound like morons. Same with any Swedish male speaking english.

now females speaking english with those accents sound quite sexy. I'm not sure why it's like that in my brain, but it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Chelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Scots

[video=youtube;le_uNGdpa4c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le_uNGdpa4c[video]
    Jesus fucking christ I understood like 2-3 words - the ones at the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Dick Van Dyke English Accent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    The Dick Van Dyke English Accent.
    Thats what happens when an American tries to do cockney, it is torture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Thats the USA that does that, most of the UK can understand each other quite well, fuck we can even understand Rab C nesbitt without subtitles.
    Reminds me of the time a certain Geordie Songstress was removed from an American T.V show because the producers weren't sure the viewers would be able to understand her.

The only time I've ever seen subtitles in the US are when its in a language that's not English, or when there's loud enough background sound to make it necessary. Like in a video taken by a pedestrian at a crime scene.

Edit: Nesbitt wasn't bad. I only watched about 5 minutes maybe? The scottish video early on was a bit difficult though.
    Last edited by Xenryusho; 2015-01-23 at 12:22 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho View Post
    The only time I've ever seen subtitles in the US are when its in a language that's not English, or when there's loud enough background sound to make it necessary. Like in a video taken by a pedestrian at a crime scene.
    When I was in the USA they had subtitles for a program about South Africa, I understood it just fine but the subtitles were there none the less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats what happens when an American tries to do cockney, it is torture.
    But there are also English actors that try to talk US Southern accent and blow it. lol
    Watch "Something The Lord Made", and Alan Rickman's performance.
    He plays Alfred Blalock, a doctor from the South of the US, born in Georgia, studied in Tennessee.
    I love Rickman, but that accent... It was sometimes 'whoahh' that sounds wrong..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Geordie, it just sounds like you're losing IQ as you speak it.
    I know a band called Geordie. And it sounded pretty damn good to me.......... Brian Johnson was their lead singer.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

When I was in the USA they had subtitles for a program about South Africa, I understood it just fine but the subtitles were there none the less.
    Interesting, I mostly watch cooking shows so I probably just haven't been watching the right things to catch it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Scots
    I'm an American, and I got most of that. The thing is, the conversation going on behind the accent isn't exactly sterling to begin with.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted

Deleted
    Honestly remote Scottish is one of the hardest to understand, probably along with certain Irish ones.

My least favourite is Geordie though, followed veeeeery closely by Brummie. Both just sound fucking dreadful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since literally the only point of this discussion is bashing accents, there's no reason for this thread to exist.

Closed.