Question Worm/Chimaera for Heavy AoE (Tectus)?

Our guilds next stop is Tectus on Mythic difficulty and what I've heard so far is that a lot of AoE (burst) damage is required in this fight. Most of our hunters want to play BM since it's the best Spec for AoEing with BL because of Beast Cleave. A thing that came to my mind was that BM hunters have access to exotic pets like the chimaera and the worm. Both have their own pet-specific AoE spell which basically made me wonder about whether it's worth to use them in an AoE heavy fight.

Should I go and tame a Worm/Chimaera or is Beastcleave still stronger for AoE situations?
    Last edited by Jutschge; 2015-01-23 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Missing Space

No. Beast Cleave is stronger.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went SV for tectus. when we hit last phase, things go nuts and you either die seconds in or lucky enough to survive a few more seconds till you get caved in. I tried both specs and SV was just better because I could dot them all up and run like a headless chicken.

As BM, during prog. I got annoyed that both tanks couldnt keep them together while dodging everything on the ground. so beast cleave wouldnt hit both packs. Where as i could easily multi shot both as SV and not worry too much.

Im sure Beast cleave is much better when its on farm and your tanks and raid can keep it together. but my experience during prog. its pure chaos.

Well, we just use one tank picking them up with massive externals.

Worm AoE interrupts melee swings and thus messes with Beast cleave, making it useless. Same with chimera. Honestly, if that was fixed, they'd be mandatory aoe/CM pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    No. Beast Cleave is stronger.
    Beast cleave is stronger, but it is all about the tactics you play. If you dont have enough DMG in the first two phases, i recommed you to play SV spec.

If you have enough DMG in the first two phases, you can try BM with beast cleave Try to stack you DMG CDs in the last phase, if all of the fragments are together on one place.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyrande View Post
    Beast cleave is stronger, but it is all about the tactics you play. If you dont have enough DMG in the first two phases, i recommed you to play SV spec.

If you have enough DMG in the first two phases, you can try BM with beast cleave Try to stack you DMG CDs in the last phase, if all of the fragments are together on one place.
    He wasn't asking what spec to play. He was asking whether to use Worm/Chimaera special attacks in favor of Beast Cleave for more DPS - pets that are BM only anyway. Did you even read the thread?

Yes your right. I read it and missunderstand it and purely interpreted too much. Sorry for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyrande View Post
    Yes your right. I read it and missunderstand it and purely interpreted too much. Sorry for that.
    it's alright, make sure you don't over-interpret next time
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Deleted
    I'm sorry but could some one clear this up for me, Do all your pets Beast Cleav or only melee pets. I read OP and he asked wether he should use Worm / Chimaera since they have special AOE abilities, but the answer seems to be no. Is that because ranged pets doesn't benefit from Beast Cleave?

Just your actual pet.

If you had read his post you'd know that he's not asking about Beast Cleave, but about the pets' AoE attacks. Beast Cleave works fine, that's not what he was talking about. He was wondering if something else was better which it is not.

There are no ranged hunter pets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Just your actual pet.

If you had read his post you'd know that he's not asking about Beast Cleave, but about the pets' AoE attacks. Beast Cleave works fine, that's not what he was talking about. He was wondering if something else was better which it is not.
    I'm sorry i guess i misunderstood the post. But why not use a pet with an "extra" AOE ability then?

Quote Originally Posted by Kasperhald View Post
    I'm sorry i guess i misunderstood the post. But why not use a pet with an "extra" AOE ability then?
    Because it steps Beast Cleave while doing the AoE, and Beast Cleave does more damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    Because it steps Beast Cleave while doing the AoE, and Beast Cleave does more damage.
    That makes sense. Many thanks for your help!