Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    your heat sink may just be loose. if its even a little loose it doesn't work

Lol at 200c, of course it was an error otherwise your CPU would have died, horribly.

But yeah, temps over 60c is not recommended, I highly recommend getting a 3rd party CPU cooler like the Hyper212 (pretty common and good value). Also, change your psu!!! if you want to be sure it's broken, go to a local computer shop and ask a tech to test your PSU or buy a PSU tester and test it yourself. Knowing the brand and the specs of the PSU will give us hints.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    There are no warnings when it shuts off? No quick BSOD or anything?
    Nothing at all. The whole computer just shuts off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dafaq I just seen? lol

200c and still running? Do they plate space rockets engines with AMD CPUs for protection from heat?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did your PC come like this or did you upgrade it? It might just simply be that you replaced any parts, and that your PSU isn't big enough to handle it when full load.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moriat View Post
    Nothing at all. The whole computer just shuts off.
    Do me a favor and find out the maker of your motherboard. HWMonitor is nice but not always accurate. Asus and ASRock for example have their own tools that do a better job at monitor CPU temp. Lets find out first who makes it and then we'll get a better temperature monitor. Meanwhile see if you can take a snapshot of your CPU fan.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    He linked a stock PC for his specs. That usually means no upgrades. Best guess is either the heatsink isn't seated properly, the CPU fan isn't running or there is literally so much dust on it that there's no air movement at all.
    He could still have added a few harddrives, even though they do not take too much power. Or simply, overclocked his card. Tbh, anything that might mean more power consumptions. His PSU is only 350W. Doesn't the CPU alone take 150?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    The temps seem better now. Some computers use the case fan as the CPU fan in a cheap way. Take a snapshot of the case fan so we know what was going on, cause you went from 200C to 60C. Be careful not to burn up AMD chips cause their memory controllers are sensitive to heat. I should know from my overclocking.
    There is no way the CPU was ever 200C. That is not physically possible. It would've melted through the motherboard at that temperature. The CPU, motherboard, and socket would be a pile of slag. The first one HAD to be an error with the temperature sensor or software. HWMonitor doesn't read the temperature of the integrated GPU on my laptop properly either and shows ridiculous numbers.

Deleted
    Nice fusion reactor you've got there. Dilithium crystals?