Page 1 of 3
LastLast

PTR Notes- DFA 25% damage increase

Burst of Speed now has a 3-second cooldown.
    Death from Above's damage has increased by 25%. For Assassination Rogues, the talent now also increases the duration of Envenom.
    Leeching Poison has been redesigned. It now grants 10% Leech while active, and no longer applies a poison effect to the target. Its Shiv effect remains unchanged.

I'd imagine SR will still be the talent of choice for Assassination and Subtlety, due to it aligning with their cool downs well. I wonder if it will pull ahead for Combat though
    Last edited by Gandalf; 2015-01-24 at 01:29 AM.

Deleted
    Could this possibly push Death from Above ahead for Combat in PvE?

Also, it's very unlikely for this alone to make Assassination worth using over Sub though, and Sub is definitely going to stick with Shadow Reflection in the last tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Twintania View Post
    Could this possibly push Death from Above ahead for Combat in PvE?

Also, it's very unlikely for this alone to make Assassination worth using over Sub though, and Sub is definitely going to stick with Shadow Reflection in the last tier.
    I agree. The added duration to envenom buff is pretty much useless because in the current state you can already have pretty close to 100% envenom uptime while still being able to bank some through anticipation. Also, with more gear this is going to make it even easier to keep up time high. It would have been interesting if they made DFA apply Find Weakness for Sub, and maybe do something for Combat too.

Who cares how much dmg they make it do if it they haven't fixed it failing half the time.

Deleted
    How does it fail? Genuinely asking since I've never used it in a raid scenario.

Sometimes the finisher just doesn't happen at all you go through the animation and end with no dmg and sometimes you get the cp's back sometimes they are just gone for no dmg.

From a pvp standpoint, i always used Shadow reflection. It lined up perfectly with vendetta and after popping both for your opener you could pop the on use versatility for the xtra dmg and the SR copies everything you do including stuns, silences, and even CC you can basically stunlock a person again.

For as much as I hated DfA, ive been having some fun with it lately with MfD.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I agree. The added duration to envenom buff is pretty much useless because in the current state you can already have pretty close to 100% envenom uptime while still being able to bank some through anticipation. Also, with more gear this is going to make it even easier to keep up time high. It would have been interesting if they made DFA apply Find Weakness for Sub, and maybe do something for Combat too.
    This is something envenom does already. Since DFA is suppose to be a buffed envenom it makes sense. Evis doesn't give you a buff or enemy debuff ever, why would an enhanced evis do so?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Sometimes the finisher just doesn't happen at all you go through the animation and end with no dmg and sometimes you get the cp's back sometimes they are just gone for no dmg.
    And sometimes (looking at you Mythic Tectus) the boss will pull you back to the ground while mid-air and you won't deal any dmg.
    Last edited by mmoc088a6c06ab; 2015-01-24 at 03:09 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Could you possibly link me the log where you have 100%(or close to, as in 97-100) uptime on envenom?

I'd really like to see that

It is like they know nothing about nothing. DfA is underwhelming in competitive PvP regardless of this buff. It lacks damage and above all predictable due to long animation. Yet, they are still buffing its damage only causing more cry out in casual PvP. I guess they haven't watch the one shot videos.
    In PvE? Do they even math? Rupture costs 0 en. Evis costs 10. Annnnnnd DfA cost 25 and does a bit more damage. lololololololololol

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Based on my observation, this is due to movement. You hit DfA, tank moves mob, you either get out-of-range or facing error when you land. I had a MUCH better success rate with it when I would pivot my character so I face the mob when I land. It's particularly a problem when soloing because when you leap up and back, the mob moves toward you, then you land behind where the mob moved to, facing the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    Based on my observation, this is due to movement.
    I've had it fail on target dummys I've had work on druids that just blinked across arena and vice versa there's no set thing that sets it off to fail.

im amazed we have like 3 changes none of them are good in any way and nobody complained yet
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    im amazed we have like 3 changes none of them are good in any way and nobody complained yet
    Don't confuse "complaining" with "acting like a 5 year old".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathal View Post
    Don't confuse "complaining" with "acting like a 5 year old".
    And no truer words were spoken; both of you.

Blizzard still doesn't realize the fundamental flaw with the talent in that it doesn't consistently work. Designing a talent that can just completely not work even 5% of the time means the talent is useless.

Rest (2) of the Rogue changes are also lackluster.

Quote Originally Posted by kumarshah View Post
    Blizzard still doesn't realize the fundamental flaw with the talent in that it doesn't consistently work. Designing a talent that can just completely not work even 5% of the time means the talent is useless.

Rest (2) of the Rogue changes are also lackluster.
    And it makes you fly, loose contatc with boss, takes controll away from you and return you to a place that may now be covered in deadly crap. Its enought having to deal with Killing Spree doing that already, Id only use DfA in PvE if it were like a 1k DPS gain over Lemon Fest or Reflection, otherwise Im staying away from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaenux View Post
    Should be fun in PvP. I pulled off this earlier with 620 gear, minus 660 daggers, trinkets and 690 ring, no zerker buff/flask/potion on a DK.

164k envenom from DfA including the multistrike, 408k damage in 3 gcds after DfA landed
    i have even better equipment but i have never ever been able to pull that kind of numbers off without having my ass been buffed to moon and back.

Quote Originally Posted by finn View Post
    i have even better equipment but i have never ever been able to pull that kind of numbers off without having my ass been buffed to moon and back.
    mix of vendetta, nightstalker, prey on the weak and the pvp set bonus i imagine