... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    GLORIOUS

/10char

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Completely ridiculous. It sounds as if it was a moral and religious matter to you. These hilarious reactions to something as minor, insignificant and tongue-and-cheeck like the selfie toy just shows how incredibly out of touch and immature some gamers are.
    Says the person who went on an insult tirade because someone doesn't like social media nor it's trends in popular culture. You know, even though I already said if people enjoy it that's fine, please enjoy it. Did you selfie yourself blasting this poor internet fool and post it to your instagram? "Lolz, look at dis nub...putting him in his place. Facebook for life#YOLO"
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolascius View Post
    This isn't a major update, it's a straw that breaks another sad old camel's back. It's indicative of the target audience and how Blizzard gives absolutely zero credence to the mainstays who made the IP a success for them.
    Indeed. It's just a snowball effect for me. I tried to overlook garrisons and their design b/c it was at least something new and seemingly would be filled with options. What we got was a literal task list of set and forget farmville equivalents. There's actually more choice and gameplay in something like CastleVille (closest equivalent) than our garrison has.

Considering how much time, resources, and features we lost to make it....yeah...color me disgusted.
    BAD WOLF

I'd rather the bad habits of social media were kept away from WoW, but whatever. WoW has been a dumping ground of memes these days.

Tongue-in-cheek? Are you fucking sure mate? Are you really sure?
    Fuck yeah, yarly, tongue-in-cheek, I'm really fuckin' sure mate. Why, what do you think? You think it's Blizzard's confession to the values of the shallow hedonistic society? You think it's a moral stance, a sociopolitical commentary?

You really fuckin sure mate?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Did you selfie yourself blasting this poor internet fool and post it to your instagram? "Lolz, look at dis nub...putting him in his place. Facebook for life#YOLO"
    I don't own a smartphone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solarnova View Post
    We downfalled a long time ago.
    I hated the news about SELFIE thing, until I saw this comment. Why?

Well, we're already down in the gutter, might as well make the best of it and have fun.

Tongue-in-cheek? Are you fucking sure mate? Are you really sure?

The guy's completely right, this game is intended for nobody other than vane millenials and pure addicts who can't let go. Have fun with it.

This isn't a major update, it's a straw that breaks another sad old camel's back. It's indicative of the target audience and how Blizzard gives absolutely zero credence to the mainstays who made the IP a success for them.
    Come on now, how can you complain about things being intended for a newer audience while rocking a MLP avatar?

Like, nothing against the show, it's decent overall but I wouldn't parade around about it, but it is literally meant for a newer generation.

Selfies is the stupidest fucking ever added to WoW.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    I feel like barfing on this thread. This pretty much confirms that the game is not for me anymore.
    The burning crusade poop quests will always be there for you.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feyinh View Post
    GLORIOUS
    I really need to buy another race change and go Pandaren again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    I really need to buy another race change and go Pandaren again.
    Doooooo eeeeeeet

Deleted
    Wow, the amount of complaining in this thread is off the roof.

Ok, I'll start this by saying I don't really like taking selfies and I do it very rarely (like once a year, and generally do it because I can work how how I look in the picture and the person with which I live doesn't take great pictures, so I take it myself) and I generally hate the real world selfie attitude and ego of certain people. I also dislike how WoW has taken the pop references too much in certain places, like Uldum, a giant part of pandaren culture and whatnot.

Now, that that's taken care of, this is a funny toy item with a simple pop culture name. Its pop culture reference isn't embedded in the game so much that it detracts me from the overall experience (like Indiana Jones in Uldum did or the entire pandaren race, among others), it does not affect me in any way and it gives me and people in general a tool with which they can take nice screenshots of their character with special effects.

Will this thing offer endless fun? No, but from the looks of it it will offer more fun than a random pet you got solely for an achievement and never summoned or used in pet battles again.
    Is it obnoxious? I don't think so, and if you do, why? Because it's called "selfie"? So what? It's a random item, it's not forced on you, it doesn't affect your experience of the game yet it may make some people happy.
    "But Blizzard could have used their development time elsewhere" How? "fixing x bug or making a raid or making a pet or working out a new fun item" - do you really think the dev team won't fix the same bugs if this wasn't implemented? Come on... really? Or do you think they could make an entire raid if they didn't make this? Or even an entire model? All they did was make a small model for this, add 3 filters (that you could probably do in any photo editor) and add you a screenshoot tool. Sure, they could make other fun items too, but that's what they thought of now.

So, overall, if this item does not affect you, is not overly detracting from the gameplay experience, is not "in your face", is not pay to win, it's not bought in the store, development time couldn't really be used to do something else... why are you complaining? Because it's called "S.E.L.F.I.E"? Really? Grow up.

Slightly away from my main idea, could someone show a female night elf picture with this please? Just curious how it looks. Kill an orc before you do it too if you can. Or a goblin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Come on now, how can you complain about things being intended for a newer audience while rocking a MLP avatar?

Like, nothing against the show, it's decent overall but I wouldn't parade around about it, but it is literally meant for a newer generation.
    Fair enough, but I was using this icon 4 years ago, ish. When WoW was somehow a lot less dire, yet still dire state.

The expression is also a pretty good measure of how I feel every time i browse this forum

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Selfies is the stupidest fucking ever added to WoW.
    Get over yourself or wow will do it for you tudum tsss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    Closest I can get is kissy face.

Your tabard is so.. bright!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm ok with WoW selfies. It'll be just that much easier to make personalized avatars and sigs for forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Oh yea, I always forget that WoW's the only MMO with pop-culture references.

A bit pointless to complain about pop culture references in a game like WoW; they've always been there.

Still, Blizzard does seem to have a penchant for incorporating the worst of them lately.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We need a selfie cancer containment thread created soon for all the screenshots.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2015-02-01 at 04:45 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't been following WoW for a few months and I just came back to this news. Love. It.

Fair enough, but I was using this icon 4 years ago, ish. When WoW was somehow a lot less dire, yet still dire state.

The expression is also a pretty good measure of how I feel every time i browse this forum
    How could you use the same avatar for 4 years...I change mine every other month almost.

Quote Originally Posted by ftfx View Post

Sweet jesus what am I looking at?

That is most certainly NOT fabulous!