10+ Year Old Account

Speakers (Logitech Z506)

I'm doing a little shopping for myself, and want to upgrade from my $10 Logitech Z11 2.0 speakers to something a little nicer.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Surro...sin=B003VAK1FA

I ran across these speakers, and I'm a little curious why these run from 1/2 to 1/3 the price of most 5.1 speaker setups. Am I missing something or should I grab this set?

Also, I've been told studio monitors are good, but I have no experience with them. Is there a similarly priced with equal/better quality sound in that area of products?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Not sure how important 5.1 setup is to you buy these speakers are the best ive had for the money:

http://www.amazon.com/Cyber-Acoustic...p_ob_title_def

These are a lil more than i paid (i think 36 bucks is what i paid) but its still a decent deal. I just really love the control pod so much nicer than trying to control volume on a small satellite speaker or something like that, bass is also on the pod. A tip if you get a system with control pod, use some double sided foam tape on the bottom to secure it to the desk so it doesnt move around

As for the speakers you listed im sure they are fine, i just dont see a lot of point in 5.1 systems for a PC.

I just bought the Z506 a few weeks ago at Best Buy for $60(Micro Center wanted $100). They sound nice for the price.

There's two things that suck about them:
    1) The volume control is on the right-front speaker. I'd prefer it on the center but this complaint is a personal one.

2) Logitech did not do a very good job of shielding from interference. My Z-640 never once chirped from interference. I had to move my router 8' away to stop the chirping.

But like I said they are great for the money and sound very good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowdasher View Post
    I just bought the Z506 a few weeks ago at Best Buy for $60(Micro Center wanted $100). They sound nice for the price.

There's two things that suck about them:
    1) The volume control is on the right-front speaker. I'd prefer it on the center but this complaint is a personal one.

2) Logitech did not do a very good job of shielding from interference. My Z-640 never once chirped from interference. I had to move my router 8' away to stop the chirping.

But like I said they are great for the money and sound very good.
    I have these speakers also - totally agree with this review.

I read somewhere in overclock.net that the Creative Labs T3300 were somewhat better than the Logitech ones, though i think they should be similar. Over that you have T20 Series II and then studio monitors.