Cooking Food Buff

Cooking
    New self-only cooking recipes have been added for food that gives 125 bonus to a stat.

From the PTR

"Self only" Does this mean that the new 125 food cant be traded, or does it mean its just not a feast?

If so does this mean everybody has to cook their own food, or buy their own food for raiding now?

I kind of like the change, but hate the lack of a 125 feast.

I would imagine the food would be soulbound, non-feasts. As it stands now, cooking is useless because of how common feasts are.

Deleted
    Yay another reason to waste time into this game farming runes in LFR or 125 food... feels like vanilla/TBC all over again where people mindlessly farmed for 6h+ daily just to deck out their own needs.

Blizzard actually forgets why they added something like feasts in the first place.

I also like the change and hope it's coming to live like that. Cooking really is kinda useless when some people in your raid built a barn in their garrison - free feasts forever!

I doubt it'll be soulbound, just not in feast format.

They aren't soulbound. We've known the recipes for a while now: http://www.wowhead.com/news=245779/6...d-transmute-an

Check the Professions section under Build Highlights.

My first read-through I thought "self-only" was in reference to soulbound. It appears they are just not feasts.

Deleted
    Sold by Arsenio Zerep in Lunarfall (for Alliance) http://ptr.wowdb.com/npcs/80159-arsenio-zerep
    They require 12x flesh of a certain fish + 6x Crescent Saber Flesh.
    +125 for a secondary stat (depending on the recipe/fish), and they can be traded/sold.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyLuckBox View Post
    "Self only" Does this mean that the new 125 food cant be traded, or does it mean its just not a feast?

If so does this mean everybody has to cook their own food, or buy their own food for raiding now?

I kind of like the change, but hate the lack of a 125 feast.
    I read it as personal food, not soulbound.

I think it's to give personal food a point, which at the moment it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Yay another reason to waste time into this game farming runes in LFR or 125 food... feels like vanilla/TBC all over again where people mindlessly farmed for 6h+ daily just to deck out their own needs.

Blizzard actually forgets why they added something like feasts in the first place.
    So use the feasts. 25 secondary stats won't be the difference between killing something and not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariandra View Post
    Sold by Arsenio Zerep in Lunarfall (for Alliance) http://ptr.wowdb.com/npcs/80159-arsenio-zerep
    +125 for a secondary stat (depending on the recipe/fish), and they can be traded/sold.
    Given what I would call easy requirements, then IMO they should be BoP.
    Almost a perk I would say for fishing.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So use the feasts. 25 secondary stats won't be the difference between killing something and not.
    Technically it could be if you're at the upper echelon of progression.

But as I've said before, anyone at that level of progression should be willing to put in the effort it takes to pump out every last point of DPS / healing. If they're not, they are probably in the wrong progression level guild.
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Ariandra View Post
    Kind of annoying if it goes ahead like this, it renders the current 75/100 personal food obsolete and that stuff is hard to craft.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IxilaFA View Post
    Technically it could be if you're at the upper echelon of progression.

But as I've said before, anyone at that level of progression should be willing to put in the effort it takes to pump out every last point of DPS / healing. If they're not, they are probably in the wrong progression level guild.
    Yeah in that case making personal food is the least of your concerns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post

Or u know, buy from AH from ppl that like fishing?

Fire Ammonite Tentacle 80s on my server when this info were posted first time (3weeks ago?)
    Crescent Saberfish Flesh 30s~
    Or buy from trading post.

I already have enough for 1000~ pieces of the multistrike food, should last whole expansion.

Kind of annoying if it goes ahead like this, it renders the current 75/100 personal food obsolete and that stuff is hard to craft.

Its already obsolete, it's almost cheaper to buy a savage feast on my server than to buy a piece of personal food.

Lol what? If you've been crafting the 75 and 100 stat food, you've been doing it wrong. Savage Feasts have completely nullified cooking. It's significantly cheaper to use a Savage Feast as a personal food than to use the crafted 100 stat food.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Given what I would call easy requirements, then IMO they should be BoP.
    Almost a perk I would say for fishing.
    What? Since when has cooking been "hard"? Soulbound food would make no sense. They're doing this to prop up Cooking, and having it give the best food will inject life into it and allow players to make gold from selling them.